Thoughts on Beiranvand

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
When as per your say you "Cosy up" with someone, it means you are approving him in any way, shape or form. I emphasize " APPROVE".
So Beiranvand is representing 80 Million Iranian and he is approving there is no wrong-doing with the spiritual leader.
Put these next to each other and see if you can make sense out of it. Honestly, I go with the one who "picks up the baton "
It's none my business as long he has not hurt anyone. It is his opinion.

There should not be litmus test for star on what his political beliefs should be. I am looking for them to educate me.

they are just entertainers.

like i said that goes for HEZI guys as well who are like oh why is Masoud Shoajee or Ali Karimi doing X, Y, Z (It is none of their business either).

Nov 24, 2002
Im really not trying to go against the "flow" here and stir up some discussion just for the sake of it, and I know I will make some people think hate me for this as Beiranvand seems to be so popular right now, but here is my honest opinion about Beiranvand:

1. He is currently EXTREMELY overhyped. He had a good WC, sure, but nothing close to how big people are making him.
2. He saved a penalty from Christiano Ronaldo, thats good, but it doesnt make him a GOD. Saving a penalty is not as much about skill as some people think, its also a lot of luck involved. With a bit of luck any keeper can save a penalty from any player. People in Iran keep refering to that penalty save as the highlight of our entire tournament! Thats crazy for me.
3. I was very proud of all the players in WC with the exception of Ramin and Beiranvand because of their anthics. Players argue in the pitch but to go as far as actually PUSHING down your own team mate in a WC match with all the world watching? That is a new low that people has completely ignored because at the end, he played well.
4. Its all comical for me how after the WC Beiranvand started to blow up his ego so much saying how he got all these big offers even from Torino! All the time reading those news I said to myself "yeah right, your just blowing up your ego, I believe it when I see it"
Agha ghorbone adame chiz fahm, he is the same guy that his starting job in WC was a big question mark before WC. He said i have offers from teams such as Tornio, which most likely is pure BS. Torino's no1 is Sirigu LOLLL!!! Yes they will bench Italian International for Ali Damagh :)

He had a decent WC, and again like many keepers including Rahman Ahmadi and Haghighi looked decent behind CQ ultra-defensive system. Where are these two btw!!

He is decent keeper if he sticks to his game like few years a go with Naft, but now he is more focusing on giving interviews right and left and won't be surprised if he struggle again this season and in AC, and for the rest of his life he will live with Ronaldo's penalty save and will give speech about what he though and how he saved it. Digeh gandesho dar ovordan every single LIVE program and he talks about how he saved that penalty.

His main issue like many keepers in Iran is CONSISTENCY.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
We really don’t know all the facts leading up to what he said. Maybe he’s a khayeh maal or truly believes in agha or was sort of forced to say it. Lets not forget where he lives. All that said these are the moments that separate likes of Naser Hejazi from the rest. Yek dooneh bood.
Why would he say such a thing, kasi mageh zoresh kardeh?!?

Actually i am happy he said this, otherwise doostan azash inja ye pahlevan melli misakhtan.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
We really don’t know all the facts leading up to what he said. Maybe he’s a khayeh maal or truly believes in agha or was sort of forced to say it. Lets not forget where he lives. All that said these are the moments that separate likes of Naser Hejazi from the rest. Yek dooneh bood.
Exactly, How true or false this is , I dont know! but few years ago, I was talking to an ex TM player (whom i dont want to name) , he was saying, A LOT of this stuff they post , they have ZERO control over, they give them what to post and they have to post it ! again, this is what he told me, rasto dorooghesh baa shoma!

overall, we dont live there, its easy to be holding your coffee at Starbucks and criticizing how people living in IRAN are behaving ! Speaking for myself, I was coward enough to escape to Canada (instead of staying in Iran and fighting), maybe if I didnt have the option, i would end up posting stuff like this as well, who knows!

Nov 24, 2002
There are many players in the same National team who don't sale their dignity, and don't get into unnecessary stuff like this, you have people like Masoud who stands for their words, many other players who keep themselves far from these unnecessary distraction. I can name them all: Montazeri, Jahanbakhsh, Amiri, Ansarifard, Kaveh Rezaei, Omid Ebrahimi, Milad, Hajsafi and few others, ironically the ones who like to be on spotlight and spend most of their time on social media are the ones who have more controversial and shit happening around them: Taremi, Azmoun, Rezaeian, Beiranvand and few others.. The funny part is the same gang are most of the time together.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Average keeper who got lucky enough to face and save a Ronaldo penalty.

But let's discuss the shit out of him and his every move. That'll make him a better keeper :)
Call him avarage if you want and I am not going to argue on that but that penalty save had more to do with merit than luck.
He successfully manipulated Ronaldo to hit it where he wanted it and made the save.

Feb 4, 2005
Why would he say such a thing, kasi mageh zoresh kardeh?!?

Actually i am happy he said this, otherwise doostan azash inja ye pahlevan melli misakhtan.
Didn’t khameneyi directly refered to him in his speech? Believe me if he had said Karim’s pk was best in the world then karim would have said something but again and as you said moments like this makes one pahlevan and others well eventually forgotten

Last edited:

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Beiranvand was probably the best goaltender in the group stages of the world cup, and many analysts and newspapers said as much. Funny how he turned average because of some propaganda.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Beiranvand was probably the best goaltender in the group stages of the world cup, and many analysts and newspapers said as much. Funny how he turned average because of some propaganda.
He did not have to save a single one on one. He had some good saves. definitely in top 10. but i would not go further than that.