Thoughts on Beiranvand

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Baba the guy did Ok, saved a decent shot of Hakim Zyech then CR7 p.k and now everyone making a god out of him. He did ok nothing more. Remember how shaky and stressed he was in first half against Portugal.
Just to tell you how amatuerish and kos-magz some of these guys are, i read somewhere he doesn't even have an agent. So most likely all these offers and talks were BS!!
He had 10 offers but decided to stay in PP because of the love he had for club. Yeah, Mon oeil!!!!

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
Baba the guy did Ok, saved a decent shot of Hakim Zyech then CR7 p.k and now everyone making a god out of him. He did ok nothing more. Remember how shaky and stressed he was in first half against Portugal.
Just to tell you how amatuerish and kos-magz some of these guys are, i read somewhere he doesn't even have an agent. So most likely all these offers and talks were BS!!
He had 10 offers but decided to stay in PP because of the love he had for club. Yeah, Mon oeil!!!!

Let's not take away from him either. He did what he had to do. We can't ask him to make more saves, when there weren't more shots. And he did quite well in the Spain game, it was probably his best.
No need to destroy him.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
The guy surpassed all expectation and then some in his performance. If it wasn't for the freaking defensive fluke on just the 1 play against Spain he took 1 goal in and Iran would have gone to the 2nd round. And saved a PK from one of world's greatest. He very good in my book and his exits and positioning and leadership in the box was very good too. Guys we need to give credit where its due and don't forget where he came from and what he feels is comfortable for him and his family too at this time. What we are forgetting that with these sanctions and all the shit that's going on who knows what will happen and if some issues will come up with these guys getting their salaries or being able to transfer it to Iran. Basically lots of uncertainty in the near to mid future if you look at where Iran is currently headed.

His comments about the Rahbor were pretty shitty but as said we don't know the background and under what circumstances it was made.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Let's not take away from him either. He did what he had to do. We can't ask him to make more saves, when there weren't more shots. And he did quite well in the Spain game, it was probably his best.
No need to destroy him.
No one is destroying him Sajjad jan. But people talking about him as a top 4-5 keeper in Wc is just beyond me. Now as i said the guy for the rest of his life will give speech about how he stopped CR7 p.k. lol
Felan ke bishtar vaghtesho to tv hast ta tamrin kardan.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
No one is destroying him Sajjad jan. But people talking about him as a top 4-5 keeper in Wc is just beyond me. Now as i said the guy for the rest of his life will give speech about how he stopped CR7 p.k. lol
Felan ke bishtar to tv hast ta tamrin kardan.

Babr jaan you know I respect your knowledge and your views but be fair man. The way he stood back in the goal and how he moved and saved the kick was truly amazing and emotionally very charged. I am 100% certain you had never enjoyed a PK being saved that much in your whole life. He gave Iran the chance of playing to actually have a chance to qualify. And he did great doing it and made it look easy which it was not.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Babr jaan you know I respect your knowledge and your views but be fair man. The way he stood back in the goal and how he moved and saved the kick was truly amazing and emotionally very charged. I am 100% certain you had never enjoyed a PK being saved that much in your whole life. He gave Iran the chance of playing to actually have a chance to qualify. And he did great doing it and made it look easy which it was not.
Pooya jan, i guess no one ever can question my passion for TM. Yes i was extremely happy when he saved the p.k. i was waiting for these 3 matches 4 years. When no one knew about his name, i was the first one who mentioned him here when he took over no1 job in Naft and as i have said: you will hear more about this guy. He has an athletic physique and talent is there while for some people here it is black and white, for me he is not as good as many here get excited about and he is not as bad as some claimed. He like many Iranian players is not mentally strong. This is crucial for keeper. He had lots of up and down in his career. Lets hope for sake of TM is more up than down from now on.

Last edited:

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Wonder how people would have reacted if Rahmati was in the goal and had the same performance as Beiranvand did. I bet you, we would not hear the end of it.
Beiranvand did very well in WC and saying he did OK is a low blow. Of course, you are as good as your last performance. So, let's hope he can keep this momentum.

Last edited:

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
LOOL!!!
Rahmati at 35 will start in ACL QF in less than a month. Lets see where Beiro will be in 10 years, probably still talking about CR7 p.k save in his hometown khoramabad 😉😆

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I assume the above is sarcasm right?
No it's not , watch that penalty save again and just before the kick is taken and watch his movement on the line .

he first faints moving to his left and then to his right and then dives to his left again where Ronaldo hits it assuming the goalie is diving to his right .

it is exactly the same faint moves that boxers or martial artists do to gain advantage and find the opening by manipulating their opponents .

It doesn't always work but as a goalie with odds against you facing a penalty it will increase your odds of saving the ball if you can get it right.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Care to explain why unfortunately ?
Was it unfortunate for you he saved that penalty ?

If you didn't understand what I was talking about when I replied to your post then ask ...

I said I kind of don't disagree with you when you call him average goalie but unlike you I give credit when it's due .
Na baba it wasn't unfortunate he saved it. It's unfortunate you actually think "He successfully manipulated Ronaldo to hit it where he wanted it "

No one manipulated anyone. Ronaldo took a chance. Beiranvand took a chance. One got lucky, the other didn't. It's a penalty-kick, not a chess game.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Na baba it wasn't unfortunate he saved it. It's unfortunate you actually think "He successfully manipulated Ronaldo to hit it where he wanted it "

No one manipulated anyone. Ronaldo took a chance. Beiranvand took a chance. One got lucky, the other didn't. It's a penalty-kick, not a chess game.
Dude I speak from experience.

I did exactly the same moves facing penalties and on number of occasions saved the ball.

It is like a chess game, it's a mind game between the goalie and the shooter.

Last edited: