Thoughts on Beiranvand

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
This is the first time from Abedzadeh time I actually feel comfortable having him the goal. A solid goalie you can rely on to truly defend your goal. I had my reservations and him coming out on balls but I have to say he has built up his confidence and game play and is very good in air balls and long shots. Most goals he gets scored on are on the ground in which I truly believe he can also improve that part of his game. Vaghean damesh garm and I hope he gets to become even much much better and protect our goal for a decade or more to come. I believe in him greatly. His height, throwing capability, agility, punching power, and kicking power is something we have been missing for a long time. I still can't believe someone like Mirzapour could not take a free kick and his defender had to kick it for him. How embarassing is that? And Haghighi as good as did in the WC could not dive the right way in 8/8 penalties against Iraq 4 years ago and Beiranvand saved Ronaldo PK. Rahmati was ok but no way in this level and never had the mentality or professionalism.

Nov 24, 2002
Realistically, i don't see him start in top 4 leagues, not that he is not good, it is because these days there are lots of great keepers, look just a country such as Poland, they have 3-4 quality keepers that Juves keeper Szczesny is not getting all start for his country, however i think France can be a good fit for him, OR if he wants to play in a league such as Turkey, Ukraine, Russia, Belgium, Holland, better to be a CL or Europa league side.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
This is the first time from Abedzadeh time I actually feel comfortable having him the goal. A solid goalie you can rely on to truly defend your goal. I had my reservations and him coming out on balls but I have to say he has built up his confidence and game play and is very good in air balls and long shots. Most goals he gets scored on are on the ground in which I truly believe he can also improve that part of his game. Vaghean damesh garm and I hope he gets to become even much much better and protect our goal for a decade or more to come. I believe in him greatly. His height, throwing capability, agility, punching power, and kicking power is something we have been missing for a long time. I still can't believe someone like Mirzapour could not take a free kick and his defender had to kick it for him. How embarassing is that? And Haghighi as good as did in the WC could not dive the right way in 8/8 penalties against Iraq 4 years ago and Beiranvand saved Ronaldo PK. Rahmati was ok but no way in this level and never had the mentality or professionalism.
Hmmm, Beiro is a great keeper but not sure I am ready to compare him with Abedzadeh yet!

Nov 24, 2002
He has already achieved much more than Abedzadeh , Abedzadeh had a lot of charisma and so does he ,Abedzadeh knee was busted in 1993 and he never really recovered from that .
Shahriar jan, how come he achieved more than Abedzadeh?

Abedzadeh won 3rd place of Asian Cup in 1988, 1990 gold medal and specially the final P.K was only thank to him, he was one of our key guys in 1998 qualification and specially against Aussie and his magic save against USA let us to win our first ever WC match.
Beiranvand had a good WC, but for now it stops there, nothing in Asian Cup level. So not even comparable to Abedzdeh bro.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Shahriar jan, how come he achieved more than Abedzadeh?

Abedzadeh won 3rd place of Asian Cup in 1988, 1990 gold medal and specially the final P.K was only thank to him, he was one of our key guys in 1998 qualification and specially against Aussie and his magic save against USA let us to win our first ever WC match.
Beiranvand had a good WC, but for now it stops there, nothing in Asian Cup level. So not even comparable to Abedzdeh bro.
Bro I like Abedzadeh ,even with one hand he was way better than anyone of his time . I remember I was gutted and angry the way he got injured in a meaningless game against Taiwan and was out for about 2 years ,but his knee never fully recovered and he could never be the same keeper again .

It was a shame that they played him against such a weak side ,that's why I was angry at the stupidity of the coaches for playing such a key player against such a team.

Anyway no point in comparing them ,Abed was the best of his time and Beiro has proven he is the best of his time and still growing as a keeper ,most important is his frame of mind , he is very positive ...even in his bad moment making a mistake ,he looks as though he can put it behind him and get more determined to do better .

Unlike dare I say Hossieni that with one mistake talked about quitting etc..

They are all our lads and each in his own way made us proud.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
For me they come from different eras and Beiro is way too young right now to be compared fully against Abedzadeh as there is not enough of a timeline to compare. What I can tell you is that Beiranvand is in the right path and at the young age has had a very strong opening and performance going forward. I really hope it continues and he only gets better and better. The confidence and motivating the team is what is most important in my mind when it comes to goalies and Abedzadeh proved he had this and became team captain (38 games as captain out of 79) and Beiranvand seem to have this and is growing on his confidence and abilities. It is fun to compare and debate different qualities and achievements and after this PP final coming up and Asian cup early next year I believe we will have a substantial amount at our hand to go more in depth in the comparison!!!

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
فرهاد نیکوبخت شاعر آزادیخواه ...:
خوشا ایران خوشا دروازه بانش 🌺 لر با غیرت و شیرین زبانش🌺 لری با غیرت و میهن پرستش 🌺 به دنیا شهره شد پرتاب دستش 🌺 که بیرانوند باشد نام آن لر 🌺 لری خوش قامت و خوش فرم و قلدر 🌺 لری رنجر لری همچون کماندو 🌺 که میخواند کری بهر رونالدو 🌺 پنالتی را کریس زد با دل و جان🌺 مهارش کرد ولی شیر لرستان 🌺 سر و جانم فدای غیرت او 🌺 که می لرزد پلنگ از هیبت او 🌺 سرود این شعر را فرهاد یاغی 🌺 هنوز اما حکایت مانده باقی ....." شعر از فرهاد نیکوبخت (گراوند)"

Great poem about him. Worth to be read once more if you haven't seen this already.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
What a save today by Beiranvand. Very quick reflexes. He was great today. His exits were great too and of course his special weapon of long throws. It almost paid off for us today. For me he was our top player today.

Feb 4, 2005
What a save today by Beiranvand. Very quick reflexes. He was great today. His exits were great too and of course his special weapon of long throws. It almost paid off for us today. For me he was our top player today.
That save may look easy but requires sharpness and quick reflexes. Well done. It would have made life much harder for us to make it to final 4 if he hadn't made that save.