Thread dedicated to the great "Nasser Hejazi"

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
haha just finished watching that episode, when i got to the hajazi bit i was so surprised i had to check i'm not just imagining it esp as it seemed really strange for him to say "i know he played goal keeper for iran's 1978 world cup team.. he's a legend there" and i'm like why would you know that?! lol but he explained it later so i let them off!

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Thanks for info Mahdi jan.

A show that regurgitates and rehashes a certain narrative of Iranians/ Arabs/ Muslims (we're all the same to them) and broadcasts them. F this show, F Argo and all the like. American cinema always casts certain people (Blacks, Russians, Middle Easterners/ Muslims etc.) into a negative limelight. They always need the "other" to define "us" (no pun intended) - they only shed light on their nature ("goodness"/ "wholesomeness") through this dichotomy.

Isn't this based off an Israeli show?
What was wrong with Argo?

mahdi aziz:
could you tell us what it said about hejazi?
haha just finished watching that episode, when i got to the hajazi bit i was so surprised i had to check i'm not just imagining it esp as it seemed really strange for him to say "i know he played goal keeper for iran's 1978 world cup team.. he's a legend there" and i'm like why would you know that?! lol but he explained it later so i let them off!
Abouzar pretty much explained it. The guy who is from the revolutionary guards uses Nasser Khan's name as an alter ego to travel around and stuff. I don't share the sentiments of others btw. with regards to the negativity. Unfortunately, season 3 sucks so far a little bit as the writers are not doing the best of jobs, but the show is anything but a neocon plot as both CIA and US are not always put in the best of lights.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I am at the episode before so I have to catch up... But yeah this season has sucked so far. It seems like Iran will be involved a lot this season. The Venezuelan connection is interesting especially with the mosque there!

May 12, 2007
I came across this yesterday and thought I share it with all here , specially with those who rate Abedzadeh ahead of Hejazi simply becuase they were not around to see the magic of Hejazi in goal .
I know he was invited by Man United. At that time my favourite keeper was Bahram mavadat. Since I was a fan of Perspolice. But Naser was good at closing the wincle but he was not so good at diving.
Abed was confident and a good diver but his positioning were not so good specially law balls. If you try Naser and Abed with 10 penalties Abed would won. But Nasser would never concieve goals against KSA. Both were good looking and amoung the 10 best in the World. Best Iranian keeper I have ever seen in Hadi Taba tabaei in the game Iran vs Danmark.

Feb 24, 2012
I know he was invited by Man United. At that time my favourite keeper was Bahram mavadat. Since I was a fan of Perspolice. But Naser was good at closing the wincle but he was not so good at diving.
Abed was confident and a good diver but his positioning were not so good specially law balls. If you try Naser and Abed with 10 penalties Abed would won. But Nasser would never concieve goals against KSA. Both were good looking and amoung the 10 best in the World. Best Iranian keeper I have ever seen in Hadi Taba tabaei in the game Iran vs Danmark.

Can you tell me more about the Iran-DK game? I cant remember it

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Good job I posted the picture of him diving here ,did you notice that ? his diving was top class , his diving technique and the speed and agility of his dive was among the very best I have ever seen ......

certainly no Iranian keeper could even be close to his standards .

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
530831_427492820656964_1088797055_n.jpg

پست بسیار جالب و عالی*** بود،عقاب جان.محشر بود.حالا من این را هم اضافه می***کنم،عکسی*** که عابدزاده حجازی را روی دستاش گرفته،و او را ستایش می***کند.

اون عکس پایینی*** بسیار جالب است دایو حجازی،مربوط به بازی ایران و زسکا است.۱۳۴۸.

May 12, 2007
Nice, the game seemed to be very intense for a friendly.. good
Danmark was preparing for EU champeonship. They attacked almost 90 min. Tabatabaei saved all their chances. Iran could have won the game. Some Danish Clubs after the game invited Tabatabaei but he refused.

Last edited: