Thread for all World-cup 2018 Group stage matches , News , updates & Results

Nov 24, 2002
Japan was really lucky. First getting a relatively an easy group. Then playing vs Colombia with a man advantage for almost 90 min and now the same Colombia dojng them a favor. Being in 3rd pot actually ruined our chance with a tough group.

Luck may have been on Japan's side, but then who can claim they didn't play the best football out of all Asian and African teams? What is football all about then? They came, they played well against some good teams and got their luck when it counted.

Iran should really try to copy some of Japan's long term activities in football. These guys lacked talent, physic and even passion for the game just 2 decades ago. Look where they are now.

Nov 24, 2002
Good football by Japan. No doubt about it. African teams again with brain fart. It is funny yestarday i was talking with a guy from Senegal which i knew from my school time and he said don't be surprised to see us choking vs Colombia lol.
Haven't watched Col-Sen but apparently Senegal played an open game while they could get qualified with a draw.

Japan was really lucky. First getting a relatively an easy group. Then playing vs Colombia with a man advantage for almost 90 min and now the same Colombia dojng them a favor. Being in 3rd pot actually ruined our chance with a tough group.
Agreed on having an easier group but we would play the same football against all three of them. Japs play a very mobile football, they're alive, no fear while using all spaces on the field and don't forget they have a no-name coach. At least we know got one Asian team among the 16.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Agreed on having an easier group but we would play the same football against all three of them. Japs play a very mobile football, they're alive, no fear while using all spaces on the field and don't forget they have a no-name coach. At least we know got one Asian team among the 16.
Japs would have got raped by all three teams in our group ...:rolleyes: