Thread for all World-cup 2018 Group stage matches , News , updates & Results

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
1. Goal difference in all group matches

2. Goals scored in all group matches

If two or more teams are still tied after using these initial tiebreakers, the next round of tiebreakers is used.

3. Greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned.

4. Goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned.

5. Greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned.

6. Greater number of points obtained in the fair play conduct of the teams based on yellow and red cards received in all group matches as follows:

• Yellow card: minus one point
• Indirect red card as the result of a second yellow card: minus three points
• Direct red card: minus four points
• Yellow card and direct red card: minus five points
(Only one of the above deductions shall be applied to a player in a single match)

7. Drawing of lots by FIFA Organizing Committee (a random draw)
I think if Germany > S. Korea and Sweden> Mexico, all 3 have 6 points, but Mexico will be eliminated because of worst goal difference between the 3, am I right, or am I right?

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
i noticed that whomever sat back to defend, eventually got screwed.

I am sorry to say this but i respect tunisia and saudi arabia more losing to Belgium and Uruguay than IR losing to Spain.

They came out gave it a shot. had some fun and got eliminated.

IR defended got disappointed by an 'undeserved' goal as per goal itself but deserved as per spanish domination were stressed the whole time and as they lost to ARgies they lost to spaniards too.

now as they did against bosnia they have to play an open game against portugal while they spent the whole tournament defending and i think we ll know what will happen to them.

unless if Morocco pulls an upset and fucks up spain.

if they had come out and played against spain and at least put a few moves together did a few attacks maybe scored a goal, they would have much more confidence attacking portugal.

just a thought ....

May 21, 2003
I think if Germany > S. Korea and Sweden> Mexico, all 3 have 6 points, but Mexico will be eliminated because of worst goal difference between the 3, am I right, or am I right?
i am not sure if it is a good thing to win this group.

i don't know what is worse playing against Switzerland or a soorakh Brazil

the scenario you mentioned is very possible but i don't see Sweden having the speed to beat the mexicans.

it won't be a walk over for Germany against Korea either. they are fast and Germany is without three fixed defenders (injured and suspended) and they are slow anyway.

Feb 4, 2005

I am sorry to say this but i respect tunisia and saudi arabia more losing to Belgium and Uruguay than IR losing to Spain.

IR defended got disappointed by an 'undeserved' goal as per goal itself but deserved as per spanish domination were stressed the whole time and as they lost to ARgies they lost to spaniards too.

now as they did against bosnia they have to play an open game against portugal while they spent the whole tournament defending and i think we ll know what will happen to them.

if they had come out and played against spain and at least put a few moves together did a few attacks maybe scored a goal, they would have much more confidence attacking portugal.

just a thought ....
The difference is we are physically fit this time but ran out of steam against bosnia 4 years ago. We have very good chance this time.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005

just a thought ....
I was just dreaming..........Iran parks the bus and gets another lucky goal at 90th minute, on the other side Morocco does the same thing at same time. We end up first in the group. We have to play against Rusia or Uruguay.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Group F is the most dramatic group of World Cup. After match day 2, no team is eliminated (even KOR 0), and no team is qualified (even MEX 6). last day can result in 2 never-seen-before scenarios. Either with 3 teams having 3 points, or 3 teams having 6 points. With all equal numbers between the 3 teams, FIFA must use fair play (number of cards etc) or even throwing a coin, to decide which teams will qualify. right?
Or am I missing something?

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Let’s see: So Sweden has an offensive side to their game. They had about 18% possession during the game. Germany was down to 10 men and instead of keeping the ball or attacking them to finish it, they caved in and defended. Then stupid fouls, like kicking the one player who was going nowhere happen.

But it’s ok, Sweden has an offensive side to them. LOL. Ok.

May 4, 2003
also to those people who are saying world cup should only be for Europe and S A and one or 2 from other continent and why 2026 we will get extra teams. well each team will have a play against weaker team, consider this as forced warm-up game that each country will have before WC starting, . it has a twofold benefits, one is a warm-up for strong team and the other is a CHANCE for a weaker team to play teams like Argentina, etc.. that not in their lifetime have a chance to play with.
you dont have to watch every single game! just watch from second round! and if you insist you can watch euro-cup or south-american cup!

May 9, 2004

just a thought ....
بابا چه رسپکتی چه کشکی ؟
عربستان وتونس تا 13 گل دریافت کرده اند
ان هم از تیم هایی مانند روسیه و انگلیس ارگوئه که نسبت به اسپانیا درجه دوم و سوم اروپا هستند
اونوقت ایران فقط یک گل ان هم از تیمی مثل اسپانیا که حتی برخی از تیمهای درجه اول امریکای جنوبی یا اروپایی رو سه چهار تا میزنه
چند هفته پیش اسپانیا ارژانتین رو شش تا زد
و میگی من به عربستان و تونس بیشتر احترام میگذارم ؟
یعنی ما هم گشاد میکردیم شش تا گل میخوردیم قابل احترام بودیم ؟
اخه این چه منطقیه ؟
ما اگر جلوی همین مغرب هم باز میکردیم با فرق دو گل بازی رو واگذار میکردیم
حالا فرض کنیم شما هم خیلی احترام میگذاشتی چه فایده
من فکر میکنم بازی با پرتقال هم می بایستی به همین منوال بازی کنیم و اگر تونستیم
به امید خدا صفر صفر پیش بریم بیست دقیقه اخر بازی رو باز کنیم
بجز این کار احمقانه ای خواهیم کرد ان هم با بازیکینی مثل کریستیان رونالدو که از چهار موقعیت جلوی قدرتمندترین دفاع جام سه تا گل می سازه
ما که با امارات و قطر و چین بازی نمیکنیم که انتظار یک بازی باز و سرتا پا حمله رو پیش بگیریم
جلوی تیمهایی مثل اسپانیا بخواهی این شکلی بازی کنی مجازات میشی
انوقت مطمئا هستم حالا شاید شما نه انهایی که میگن باز بازی کنیم می ایند و مسخره میکنند که ما رکورد گل خوردن رو شکستیم

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
بابا چه رسپکتی چه کشکی ؟
ان هم از تیم هایی مانند روسیه و انگلیس ارگوئه که نسبت به اسپانیا درجه دوم و سوم اروپا هستند
اونوقت ایران فقط یک گل ان هم از تیمی مثل اسپانیا که حتی برخی از تیمهای درجه اول امریکای جنوبی یا اروپایی رو سه چهار تا میزنه
اخه این چه منطقیه ؟
بجز این کار احمقانه ای خواهیم کرد ان هم با بازیکینی مثل کریستیان رونالدو که از چهار موقعیت جلوی قدرتمندترین دفاع جام سه تا گل می سازه
ما که با امارات و قطر و چین بازی نمیکنیم که انتظار یک بازی باز و سرتا پا حمله رو پیش بگیریم
انوقت مطمئا هستم حالا شاید شما نه انهایی که میگن باز بازی کنیم می ایند و مسخره میکنند که ما رکورد گل خوردن رو شکستیم
Funny thing is those teams and their fans envy us !:LOL:

We have a strategy that works within our players ability and our preparations . We defend well and if we need to we can hurt any opponent .

Defending like we do is an art and a skill not many capable of doing ,it is not just about having 10 men in front of your goalie .

May 4, 2003
Panama did not take chances earlier, and now they are down 4-0 after 40 minutes first half! what a shame!

edit: make it 5.0 first half

Last edited:
May 21, 2003
بابا چه رسپکتی چه کشکی ؟
اخه این چه منطقیه ؟
nemifahmi boro chand taa bazi negaah kon shayd befahmi.

shaayad ham man khoob tozih nemidam.

vali be har haal nemifahmi

May 21, 2003
بابا چه رسپکتی چه کشکی ؟
اخه این چه منطقیه ؟
fayedasho mibini vaghti kooneshoon pareh mishe farda.

i said they are repeating what they did last world cup and exactly the same fucking scenario with the exception that morocco scored a goal for them and nigeria didn't.

va kooneshoon jeloyeh bosnia pareh shod.

hala ham kooneshoon jeloye portugal pareh mishe oon vaght shayd befahmin football yani chi.

residan be world cup khoobe if it is your first time, eeb dafete panjomeshoon e age naran dor e do yani fail kardan...

ya fek mikoni residan be oonja is ok va bas.

1978 ke avalin bareshoon bood
1998 too gooroohe tokhmi boodan (germany e kiri va us) they didn't do shit
2006 goftan een group of death o innaa dobareh hich gohi nakhordan
2014 same scenario as this year ... PARK THE BUS ...
2018 PARK THE BUS

een yani movafaghiyat ....?
obviously you people have a different view of success in a competition than me.

May 21, 2003
too many fucking spots for central america and asia.

people have been moaning and groaning about the standard of the games ...

reduce asia to 4 and central america to 3 and maybe it will improve a bit

group north africa with middle east as a zone and give them one and half places. give the rest of asia another one and half places.
give the rest of africa(the countries that actually win games like Ghana, Senegal, Cote d'ivoire, cameroon 4.5 places

May 4, 2003
^^ suggestion: start watching from 1/8 then. but wait , maybe an underdog qualifies to 1/8. so my suggestion is only watch semifinals!