Three active strikers(Azmoun, Gucci, Ansarifard) among all time top 11 best scorers of TM

Nov 24, 2002
Forward is our richest position, add to this list Taremi, Kaveh(who is top scorer of Belgian League).

Nov 24, 2002
ازمون با معدل 78 از دائی هم شمه گلزنیش بالاتره
:winner1:
Well in some cases these ratios are not a good indication, for example Ansarifard played more than half of his caps as substation(10, 15 minutes per match), so he has lower goal/game ratio %. goals/minutes played could have been more accurate thought :)

Nov 24, 2002
None of these guys will even reach 40 goals by the time they retire. Azmoun might make it to 40 or 45 goals if he's lucky.

Those days are gone.
LOLL! Typical!!

Because time changed, and you don't see many teams score 5-6 goals against weaker opponents(let alone 17-0 of Maldive lol). That wasn't my point, my point was the depth in forward. Our 3rd choice of striker is a top scorer in Greece and 4th choice(Kaveh) is the top scorer of Belgium league, when was last time this happened?

About none of these guys will reach 40, Gucci will play a year or two so he may score 20 at best, Ansarifard was not getting much of playing time in TM(he may get now with his great season). And i am ready to bet Azmoun will score more than 50 at least, he is 22. Daei at the age of 22 was playing in Taksirani Tehran lol

Nov 29, 2002
LOLL! Typical!!

Because time changed, and you don't see many teams score 5-6 goals against weaker opponents(let alone 17-0 of Maldive lol). That wasn't my point, my point was the depth in forward. Our 3rd choice of striker is a top scorer in Greece and 4th choice(Kaveh) is the top scorer of Belgium league, when was last time this happened?

About none of these guys will reach 40, Gucci will play a year or two so he may score 20 at best, Ansarifard was not getting much of playing time in TM(he may get now with his great season). And i am ready to bet Azmoun will score more than 50 at least, he is 22. Daei by age of 22 was playing in Taksirani Tehran lol
Agha, given that CQ has taken 3 forwards to previous world cups with both Iran and South Africa, what do you think are the odds that one of Gucci or Ansarifard won't go?

I consider his forward choices:

1) Azmoun
2) Taremi (a support striker, true, but still counts as a forward for CQ and the preferred partner thus-far for Azmoun)

Then after that, I genuinely think he will pick maximum 2, possibly even 1, out of Gucci, Ansarifard and Kaveh Rezaei. All three would be great to take but CQ has preferred to stack his teams with defensive players for all tournaments apart from when he coached portugal.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Our 3rd choice of striker is a top scorer in Greece and 4th choice(Kaveh) is the top scorer of Belgium league, when was last time this happened?
Whereas our 1st and 2nd choice strikers are nowhere close to our 3rd and 4th. When was the last time that happened? lol

Nov 24, 2002
Agha, given that CQ has taken 3 forwards to previous world cups with both Iran and South Africa, what do you think are the odds that one of Gucci or Ansarifard won't go?

I consider his forward choices:

1) Azmoun
2) Taremi (a support striker, true, but still counts as a forward for CQ and the preferred partner thus-far for Azmoun)

Then after that, I genuinely think he will pick maximum 2, possibly even 1, out of Gucci, Ansarifard and Kaveh Rezaei. All three would be great to take but CQ has preferred to stack his teams with defensive players for all tournaments apart from when he coached portugal.
I think he will take Sardar, Karim and Taremi, because both Taremi and Kaveh can also play as winger in his 4-2-3-1, at some extend Ansarifard also.

Have a feeling Torabi in midfielder will be the extra player this time, after a very promising start in TM his progress kind of stopped after staying in Saipa and Iran, anyway he is still quite young.

I have a feeling our 23 men will be like:

Keepers:

1)Beiranvand
2)Mazaheri
3)Hossein Hosseini

Defenders:

4) Jalal
5)Cheshmi
6)PAG
7)Ghafouri
8)Rezaeian
9)Majid Hosseini
10)Milad

Midfielders:

11)Hajsafi
12)Ebrahimi/Abdollahzadeh
13)Ezzatollahi
14)Jahanbakhsh
15)Shojaei
16)Dejagah
17)Ghoddos
18)Ali Karimi
19)Amiri

Forwards:

20)Azmoun
21)Karim
22)Kaveh
23)Taremi

Nov 24, 2002
Whereas our 1st and 2nd choice strikers are nowhere close to our 3rd and 4th. When was the last time that happened? lol
All depending on the incoming friendlies, but CQ showed he has been very loyal to the ones who took his team to WC, so Azmoun and Taremi contribution were huge, they for sure have an edge compare to Karim, and Kaveh(despite the latter ones great shape).

Nov 29, 2002
You may be right, he can't ignore Kaveh after topping the belgian goal charts. And he has always had a love-hate relationship with Gucci, he's the only player i've seen him look angry at from the touchline. He may have to make the touch choice of dropping him. I also think he will take an extra defensive midfielder, 5 of the 9 you have mentioned are attacking players. We saw how ruthlessly he cut out Khalatbari from WC14 and the same i think will happen to one of Masoud or Dejagha.

I'd bet that in their place he would take Imani or Ebrahimi to shore up defensive midfield if needed.

Nov 24, 2002
You may be right, he can't ignore Kaveh after topping the belgian goal charts. And he has always had a love-hate relationship with Gucci, he's the only player i've seen him look angry at from the touchline. He may have to make the touch choice of dropping him. I also think he will take an extra defensive midfielder, 5 of the 9 you have mentioned are attacking players. We saw how ruthlessly he cut out Khalatbari from WC14 and the same i think will happen to one of Masoud or Dejagha.

I'd bet that in their place he would take Imani or Ebrahimi to shore up defensive midfield if needed.

He will take 2 Of Karimi, Ebrahimi and Abdollahzadeh.

Feb 4, 2005
I think he will take Sardar, Karim and Taremi, because both Taremi and Kaveh can also play as winger in his 4-2-3-1, at some extend Ansarifard also.

Have a feeling Torabi in midfielder will be the extra player this time, after a very promising start in TM his progress kind of stopped after staying in Saipa and Iran, anyway he is still quite young.

I have a feeling our 23 men will be like:

Keepers:

1)Beiranvand
2)Mazaheri
3)Hossein Hosseini Abedzadeh for his European experience

Defenders:

4) Jalal
5)Cheshmi
6)PAG
7)Ghafouri
8)Rezaeian
9)Majid Hosseini
10)Milad

Midfielders:

11)Hajsafi
12)Ebrahimi/Abdollahzadeh Ebrahimi
13)Ezzatollahi
14)Jahanbakhsh
15)Shojaei Torabi. Unfortunately I think CQ has decided (forced to decide) to leave Masoud out
16)Dejagah
17)Ghoddos
18)Ali Karimi Gucci. I know he isn't a midfield player but CQ won't overlook his experience
19)Amiri

Forwards:

20)Azmoun
21)Karim
22)Kaveh
23)Taremi
That's the team I think he'll choose