TM Iran Information Thread

Oct 1, 2004
Probably few thousands. Probably some Iranians travel to Austria and Holland for the match.

Iranians in Europe are spoiled... they don't know how easy it is for them to travel and watch TM games compared to North America. Iran - Chile in 2015 - only 4000 showed up!

Whereas TM played 3 games in Edmonton in 1999 and each game had about 8000 Iranians - which is insane considering there were probably no more than 2-3000 Iranians in all of Alberta at that time.

Nov 24, 2002
Iranians in Europe are spoiled... they don't know how easy it is for them to travel and watch TM games compared to North America. Iran - Chile in 2015 - only 4000 showed up!

Whereas TM played 3 games in Edmonton in 1999 and each game had about 8000 Iranians - which is insane considering there were probably no more than 2-3000 Iranians in all of Alberta at that time.
Very true. I was thinking about the same thing now lol

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
They didn't fill the stadium when Iran was there - what difference would it make in Holland and Austria.
Lots of Iranians live there. Add to that Iranians living in neighboring countries (Belgium/Germany, maybe even France) and it's gonna get many. :)

When was Iran there and the stadium was empty?

Oct 1, 2004
Honestly, Iran's games are totally unwatchable! Can't blame anyone deciding to do something more fun instead :)

Even people in Tehran have a hard time convincing themselves to make the short straight trip to Azadi stadium. Team Melli plays shit football in terms of entertainment and excitement.
BT Jan, you mean after all these years you still haven't figured out half our nation is masochist! and the other half sadist?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Friends Arena has a capacity of 54,329.
Attendance at the match was officially 33,773.

Slightly more than 60% full.

http://www.teammelli.com/matchdata/details/matchdetails.php?id=2490
Yeah well, ok.....now I remember they never opened the upper floor for sale. The lower floor was full though. Enough to make noise with "doodooroo doo doo doo Iran" sound, so the players in the field couldn't hear each other.

After the game, the Swedish journalists and TV hosts were all saying this was the first time we saw this stadium with such an amazing atmosphere. The players were answering: yes, but too bad they weren't cheering for us. It would be amazing to have such an atmosphere every time we play.

I'm sure we'll see the same in both Austria and Holland. Many thousands more than 4000-8000.

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Lots of Iranians live there. Add to that Iranians living in neighboring countries (Belgium/Germany, maybe even France) and it's gonna get many. :)

When was Iran there and the stadium was empty?
I am with Fatso on this one, but would love to be proven wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk