TM Iran Information Thread

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Azmoun, Ezatolahi, Majid Hosseini have joined the camp.
Ali Karimi is still treated at TM camp but is out for WC.
Ramin Rezaeian is dealing with an injury and has not joined the camp yet.
Omid Ebrahimi and Ashkan still dealing with their injuries as well.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2005
Azmoun, Ezatolahi, Majid Hosseini have joined the camp.
Ali Karimi is still treated at TM camp but is out for WC.
Ramin Rezaeian is dealing with an injury and has not joined the camp yet.
Omid Ebrahimi and Ashman still dealing with their injuries as well.
Ghafoori is currently in better shape than Rezaeian so we should be ok on the right. With Karimi out and Ezzat unavailable for first game hopefully Ebrahimi will be fit for Morocco game. Otherwise I think Cheshmi will have to play. Also I noticed Azmoun and Ezzat joined but what about Milad Mohammadi?

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Ghafoori is currently in better shape than Rezaeian so we should be ok on the right. With Karimi out and Ezzat unavailable for first game hopefully Ebrahimi will be fit for Morocco game. Otherwise I think Cheshmi will have to play. Also I noticed Azmoun and Ezzat joined but what about Milad Mohammadi?
I think you are right on the point about Cheshmi.
With Majid Hosseini in center of defense Cheshmi can be prepared for defensive midfield role as he plays much better there anyways than as a back.

Ebrahimi has started some individual training as part of his recovery treatment.

Rezaeian injury does not sound serious, I also just read that Azmoun is also suffering from some minor injuries.

Milad joined the camp few days ago agead of Sardar and Saeid.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
CQ's latest interview before Uzbekistan game, state of preparation, how TM master plan got changed to ACL master plan,
Unfortunately Ali Karimi is to miss WC due to back injury. M. Hosseini has joined the camp.

God...I'm so damn worried about this issue!

For once we've had enough friendlies to prepare properly for the WC and fin the end we should f*** it up ourselves!

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Beitashur's return must be the best news for Team Melli.
In this fucked up time with irans defense being so shaky, Steven Mehrdad's return can be very important.

btw. migam..Yazid nekounam... che esmi gozasht roosh: Beitollah Ashur :D
Joke aside: Javad also said Steven is so clean and diciplined, that other players got inspired at WC14 camp
Beit-olah: min. 3

Also min 6:15:

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
He will go with Karim or Taremi if he wants to win the first game but I think he prefers a more conservative approach
I can easily see your formation become a reality, however CQ seems to really want to have Ashkan there so I wouldn't be surprised if we start with him and have him substituted in the second half, in his absence if Shojaei is healthy he might to get to play as we need an experienced leader in the middle. And if Ebrahimi recovers he might get to play ahead of Cheshmi.

CQ has a good headache to deal with: Pejman is another option for center or right back, while in addition of what you guys mentioned, Kaveh can play in place of Amiri as well, he has a high work rate and is good in helping the defense.

Now, if you think he is going to go with a conservative lineup against Morocco, then what our lineup would look like vs Spain and Portugal?

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
God...I'm so damn worried about this issue!

For once we've had enough friendlies to prepare properly for the WC and fin the end we should f*** it up ourselves!
Me too.... first we thought we might end up with an easier group with an eye for advancement, then we thought we at least would have a better chance to prepare than last time ...

But it's too late now to worry about it, we can only hope CQ does not lose his motivation and determination, and knowing him and the players I believe they will do the best they can given the circumstances,

however at the end we will be left with the thoughts of what ifs once again as we did 4 years ago: what if TM was prepared bettered, what if TM & WC were IFF's first priority, what if domestic players were at TM's disposal right after the league was over, ....

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^Those last questions of yours will come to our heads even if we do fairly well in the WC! It's not very weird that big teams like Germany, Spain, France, etc. are always favorites to win the WC! Beside having good leagues and good youth program, their preparation plans are always perfect!