TM Iran Information Thread

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Iranians are capable of the unexpected... So many examples of bravery and ingenious when odds are stacked against them... Like shooting down a Mig 23 with a cobra attack helicopter! Unbelievable and unheard of...

On paper it is impossible but in battle it was done!

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
@zooz , not sure why I can't reply straight but let me explain my logic to you as it's different than your version of it.

Club games are much more difficult imo, especially when we're in hostile territories of gulf countries with all the politics. World cup is a different venue, neutral territory except for the host; we should be happy to get there and play and present. Top teams play more relaxed, smaller teams have something to prove and can be nervous, with our defensive style having stress of embarassement is overstated, brazil took 7 from germany and it was justified.

With some criticism we are not going to be shaken and miss first of 2nd place of the group; our potentials are clear.. Issue is this coach wants all to shut up, ppl have opinions , it's their TM even if they express wrong ideas as long as cordially stated.

As long as we dont flop, slap each other etc, come late June and would have another medicore display of our passionate football hopefully with above average sparks of brilliancy and better than past organization.

Again I go back to Conte';s example, our coach will not be fired or have reputation damaged, he's already protected himself by having announced our limited chances many times, we shouldn't make it bigger than what is.
Thanks for replying despite difficulties you had.
I have to respectfully disagree with some of the points you brought up to support your argument undermining the stress our players are facing and the need for support few crucial weeks before the WC after having gone through endless attacks and profanity and pressure and undermining efforts for past few months.

Surely people should be able to express themselves and criticize "even if they express wrong ideas as long as cordially stated" (and based on that I assume you condemn disrespectful comments of likes of Ali Karimi and Minavand), but what can I say when you bring up Brazil as an example disregarding differences between our level of professionalism, emotional maturity, experience, exposure to high level competition, history of soccer, the society we come from, ... (pretty much as invalid as the comparison made earlier in thread - I guess- with Spain or Real Madrid), and dismiss first hand experience and observation of a TM veteran regarding the stress level the youngsters have to deal with, .... except to say there is a time and place for criticism, is this only about selection of 2-3 players or what? let go off grudge and vengeance, it is time to support our TM.

taremi.jpg

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
FIFA has released a clip showing national teams' jersey at WC.
It seems like Iran's first shirt is a retro design very similar to the one in WC78, much like is the case with classic designs of Germany, Argentina, Colombia,...

TM jersey2.jpg TM jersey1.jpg TM jersey 4.jpg TM jersey 3.jpg

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Open up a bottle of champagne (or in this case abe-golab) for all the haters, dalals, hashiye-sazan, opportunists, sidelined & oghdei & narrow minded & back-warded know nothing coaches and individuals, yellow journalists, all those with vengeance and personal grudge, people of Kofeh, anti-TM camp, ....

Sports News
May 24, 2018 / 8:08 AM / Updated 8 hours ago
Queiroz to quit as Iran coach after World Cup

Michael Church

HONG KONG (Reuters) - Carlos Queiroz will not remain at the helm of the Iran national team after the conclusion of the country’s involvement in the World Cup finals in Russia, the former Real Madrid coach told Reuters on Thursday.

Queiroz, who has been in charge of Team Melli since April 2011, had been offered an extension to his contract by the Iranian Football Federation until January’s Asian Cup finals in the United Arab Emirates.

But the 65-year-old has decided to call time on his seven-year stint with the Iranians after the World Cup, where they have been drawn to take on Morocco, Spain and Portugal in Group B.

“It’s almost one year since we qualified for the World Cup and it’s true that they gave me an offer to go for six months to the Asian Cup in the Emirates, but it didn’t meet my expectations,” Queiroz said by telephone from his team’s training camp in Turkey.

“After all these years, for the Iranian federation to only extend the contract for six months is a decision that shows no appreciation or recognition for what I’ve done. It’s an offer that isn’t acceptable from my point of view.

“The negotiations are closed, they are behind me.

“Before we came here to Istanbul the federation was supposed to review the position and they did not come back to me, so from now on it’s time to move forward.”

QUALIFICATION RECORD
Queiroz had considered retiring after the World Cup to spend more time with his family, but now wants to become the first coach to secure qualification for the World Cup finals on five occasions.

Brazilian Carlos Alberto Pereira and Serbian Bora Milutinovic have coached five times at the World Cup, with both taking charge of teams that had either qualified as hosts or stepped in as replacement coaches for already qualified nations.

Queiroz, however, qualified South Africa for the World Cup in 2002 only to step down from his position before the finals in Japan and Korea.

He then led Portugal to the 2010 tournament in South Africa before becoming the first coach to secure back-to-back World Cup appearances with Iran, and he is keen to lead another country to the finals in Qatar in 2022.

“After all these years in Iran there was the possibility that I would retire after the World Cup,” said Queiroz.

“But, in the meantime, the dissatisfaction at not qualifying for a fifth World Cup started to grow.

“It started to speak louder and the more I started to think more about that unique historical opportunity, to be the only coach in football history to have five World Cup qualifications under my belt, my anger and desire started to grow and this is now my main goal and my expectation.

“I’ve had two offers, one from Africa and one from Asia with the chance to qualify for the World Cup in Qatar in 2022, and if that doesn’t happen then I can look at one or two options that I have in England after the World Cup.”

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
I guess we more or less expecting this to come, but I was hoping things changes after WC, specially given that this squad will be more mature and its prime in four years, with more new talents moving abroad to get better developed, with PEC and hopefully new camp ground and the money earned from WC, and with Asia possibly having an extra spot (or Qatar out of qualifications round) hence making it easier to qualify, ... and be more successful than ever at WC.

He had told off Ghaleh-Noei recently saying he can take over in a month, he was not bluffing :(

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
LOL and someone earlier said Iranians are capable of pulling the unexpected. sounds like he ended up backstabbing our boys then? why thhis couldn't have waited for after the WC ? what was the urgency?

I don't blame him, Iranians treat ppl and each other just like than and he's fed up.. but to all the boys here you talked of him being professional?!!!!!!! I guess when it boils over it's professional who couldn't keep it contained. I still don't blame him but timing was off.

Last edited:

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
LOL and someone earlier said Iranians are capable of pulling the unexpected. sounds like he ended up backstabbing our boys then? why thhis couldn't have waited for after the WC ? what was the urgency?

I don't blame him, Iranians treat ppl and each other just like than and he's fed up.. but to all the boys here you talked of him being professional?!!!!!!! I guess when it boils over it's professional who couldn't keep it contained. I still don't blame him but timing was off.
Funny, you do not have much problem with all the bashers and haters who have demoralized the TM for past few months and specially in recent days and week, and you still have not said anything about Karmi and Minavand's disrespectful and outrageous comments, but as soon as he mentions his intentions once his last deadline is reached you complain!

I believe your problem is not with TM's moral but have a personal issue with him and just looking for an excuse to let it out.
What ever he does he is gonna be blamed or ridiculed by people like you, as the saying goes even if he drinks water he is gonna be asked why he drank the water this way or that way!
If he says something now, he is blamed for saying it now, if he says something after WC he is ridiculed then for who knows what (may be claims would be made that he did not get good enough results he is quitting or something like that, good enough results could mean anything in the eye of his foes!)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Oghab, Kasra: Andranik coming to Toronto. Berim?

View attachment 40484
Thanks dude but If I could travel that far I would have gone to Russia although I prefer your country and your company.
Also that prayer guy the running man put me off.
Just remember to tell Andranik the 1st to score an own goal against Talebloo in memory of his friend and team mate 40 years ago...

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Open up a bottle of champagne (or in this case abe-golab) for all the haters, dalals, hashiye-sazan, opportunists, sidelined & oghdei & narrow minded & back-warded know nothing coaches and individuals, yellow journalists, all those with vengeance and personal grudge, people of Kofeh, anti-TM camp, ....

Sports News
May 24, 2018 / 8:08 AM / Updated 8 hours ago
Queiroz to quit as Iran coach after World Cup

Michael Church

HONG KONG (Reuters) - Carlos Queiroz will not remain at the helm of the Iran national team after the conclusion of the country’s involvement in the World Cup finals in Russia, the former Real Madrid coach told Reuters on Thursday.

Queiroz, who has been in charge of Team Melli since April 2011, had been offered an extension to his contract by the Iranian Football Federation until January’s Asian Cup finals in the United Arab Emirates.

But the 65-year-old has decided to call time on his seven-year stint with the Iranians after the World Cup, where they have been drawn to take on Morocco, Spain and Portugal in Group B.

“It’s almost one year since we qualified for the World Cup and it’s true that they gave me an offer to go for six months to the Asian Cup in the Emirates, but it didn’t meet my expectations,” Queiroz said by telephone from his team’s training camp in Turkey.

“After all these years, for the Iranian federation to only extend the contract for six months is a decision that shows no appreciation or recognition for what I’ve done. It’s an offer that isn’t acceptable from my point of view.

“The negotiations are closed, they are behind me.

“Before we came here to Istanbul the federation was supposed to review the position and they did not come back to me, so from now on it’s time to move forward.”

QUALIFICATION RECORD
Queiroz had considered retiring after the World Cup to spend more time with his family, but now wants to become the first coach to secure qualification for the World Cup finals on five occasions.

Brazilian Carlos Alberto Pereira and Serbian Bora Milutinovic have coached five times at the World Cup, with both taking charge of teams that had either qualified as hosts or stepped in as replacement coaches for already qualified nations.

Queiroz, however, qualified South Africa for the World Cup in 2002 only to step down from his position before the finals in Japan and Korea.

He then led Portugal to the 2010 tournament in South Africa before becoming the first coach to secure back-to-back World Cup appearances with Iran, and he is keen to lead another country to the finals in Qatar in 2022.

“After all these years in Iran there was the possibility that I would retire after the World Cup,” said Queiroz.

“But, in the meantime, the dissatisfaction at not qualifying for a fifth World Cup started to grow.

“It started to speak louder and the more I started to think more about that unique historical opportunity, to be the only coach in football history to have five World Cup qualifications under my belt, my anger and desire started to grow and this is now my main goal and my expectation.

“I’ve had two offers, one from Africa and one from Asia with the chance to qualify for the World Cup in Qatar in 2022, and if that doesn’t happen then I can look at one or two options that I have in England after the World Cup.”
Very sad news for patriot team melli fans.
Very good news for sellouts and goosfands like Karimi and Hyenas like Mayelikodan, qalegoyee... and their followers...
Back to shithouse periods, caos, ganglands,