TM Iran Information Thread

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Well, even before the Israeli team issue, at the time Dejagah was healthy and in a better shape, Masoud did not always start. That means he was not our best playmaker then either. In fact, many times, I remember I got too frustrated by Masoud for holding the ball too long which often resulted in losing the ball easily to the opponents. It happened only once in a while he would pull off a great game, like the one against Argentina (he was still the first one to be subbed out) and against Chile/Sweden. I believe once Ghoddos gets adjusted with the other players properly, him and Dejagah will make much better play makers than Masoud.
I see Masud more in form than Dejagah presently. Dejagah may get injured easily and has no club to parctice coperative games. Ghoddos has not shown himself in TM yet. Masoud is presently in form and plays well in Greek league.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Guys...does Taremi's ban mean he can not play in the WC?!!! Since he played against Russia, I'm assuming it's the official games he's banned from?

It would suck to miss both Ezatollahi and Taremi in the WC's first game!!!
The ban only applies for official matches, he can play in friendly.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Have a feeling CQ will go with Beiranvand and Lak as the first two choices of keepers and the 3rd one will be between Mazaheri and Abedzadeh.

This is the only position we have so many rotations in each camp, Beiranvand was the only regular in each camp, he has been trying 8-9 different keepers in the last 7-8 months, clearly shows he is not himself convinced about any!!

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
He invites 6-7 DM midfielders(Imani, Ebrahimi, Ezzatollahi, Abodollahzadeh, Ali Karimi and Hajsafi and Chesmi can play in this position also) and not a play maker CM(if you consider Ghoddos one even though he is more like winger and forward), it shows we will be emphasizing on hyper-defensive system one more time!! Not inviting Shojaei was %100 political. He used to be CQ favorite.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Have a feeling CQ will go with Beiranvand and Lak as the first two choices of keepers and the 3rd one will be between Mazaheri and Abedzadeh.

This is the only position we have so many rotations in each camp, Beiranvand was the only regular in each camp, he has been trying 8-9 different keepers in the last 7-8 months, clearly shows he is not himself convinced about any!!
How about Haghighi ? he is doing well in Sweden ,top three in Swedish league ...

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
So as said....he will miss WC games! How many will he miss, do you know?!
His suspension will be ended in 3 months, he will not miss WC games. It is period of 4 months, not the number of games, and he is not playing for PP in last month or so. Knowing there is no official match for TM during this period, he fortunately will skip the official national team matches ban.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
His suspension will be ended in 3 months, he will not miss WC games. It is period of 4 months, not the number of games, and he is not playing for PP in last month or so. Knowing there is no official match for TM during this period, he fortunately will skip the official national team matches ban.
ooofff!!! What a luck!!! Missing Ezatollahi is bad as it is! Thanks Mahbod jan!