TM Iran Information Thread

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Nilou jan be gholleh Ferry Zandi e khosh tip : OOmadi kheyli ham khosh oomadi !:)

Been missing your comments on team melli ,what do you think of the past 4 years till of team melli ? do you think they have a chance of reaching second round ? do you have a favourite now that Kia is retired ?
Lotf dari mesle hamishe Shahriar jane gol. :)

Thank you! Ive been missing u guys' insights too. I personally think we've had a great 4 years under CQ. So consistent, specially our defense is widely better than how our team was couple of yrs ago. But as it is reported and quoted, CQ wont stay beyond 2018, so we'll be back to life as usual I guess..:( But dont think we can reach 2nd round. As usual we are set up with friendly opponents who are our political allies(Togo, Russia,etc I guess Syria and Yemen are next!). + Our front line isnt that good in recent months. But I think we'll def have better performance in WC 2018 than WC 2006, and 2014.

With Nilu's return i think we need to ban Siavash_8 soon with his kind of jokes lol
lol, who is he? I got to catch up! Is he a former ISPer with a new name?

Aw thank you Shahriar jan, its so good to see you old-timers still here. :)

QUOTE]

Cheers dude ....old ? I have just landed from a flight to the top corner of the goal ... and came back with the ball ! (I wish !) .....they call us old but gold !:15:
hehe aw, I didnt mean old as in age-wise, I meant long-lasting members. :) ;) Gold members that is! ;)

How about Haghighi ? he is doing well in Sweden ,top three in Swedish league ...
Got to check the stats of him compare to other goalies in Swedish league, but for TM he was doing much better than Beyranvand has done. From few highlights I saw, he had some great saves and penalty save too. Beyranvand is playing so clumsy at TM..

That’s what she said
LOOOL! :D haha You're so funny, u change any thread into ur own 18+ thread! :D

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
درود بر نیلوفر عزیزمان،من فکر می***کردم،شخصی*** با اسم شما به این سایت اومده،اما مثل اینکه واقعا خودتان هستید.چه افتخاری به ما دادید،چقدر عالی*** ،همه ما را خوشحال کردید.:yohoo::yohoo::yohoo::yohoo::yohoo::yohoo::realheartbeatst1::realheartbeatst1::realheartbeatst1::realheartbeatst1::party-smi:party-smi:party-smi

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
We should be able to book a couple of friendlys after the draw. I believe there are two fifa match days left before the cup, so we should have at a minimum, two more friendly games.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Slovenia?! Well, it's good we have friendlies but god damn it!! We need to face good sides now!!!! Why not The Netherlands or Italy?! They are both out of the WC and could need a good rebuilding friendly.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Slovenia?! Well, it's good we have friendlies but god damn it!! We need to face good sides now!!!! Why not The Netherlands or Italy?! They are both out of the WC and could need a good rebuilding friendly.
SLY jan it's world cup 2018 not 1978 ........ head of IFF is Taj and not Atabay ...but the real Taj is Esteghlal ...!:12:

IFF hasn't got a pot to piss on ....let me know if you need more reasons to be convinced .:)

Don't say pussy faithful man !:15:

Oct 18, 2010
i doubt morocco wants to play an asian team for a friendly.
they are in pot 4 which means the only asian team they may
get is iran which rules out a friendly.
iran should be looking for friendlies from fellow pot 3 teams.
denmark,iceland,sweden,etc....will most probably all face an
asian team so they would be interested in playing iran once
the draw is made.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
SLY jan it's world cup 2018 not 1978 ........ head of IFF is Taj and not Atabay ...but the real Taj is Esteghlal ...!:12:

IFF hasn't got a pot to piss on ....let me know if you need more reasons to be convinced .:)

Don't say pussy faithful man !:15:
That's the bitter truth man! But after the sanctions were taken away and Iran, kinda, was semi-accepted a bit more by the European countries, I had high hopes of finally getting some ok-ish friendlies! H*ll, we had even the chance of playing Serbia or Ukraine kinda teams! Yet we go with Slovenia!

I'm just frustrated!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
the draw is made.
Very good observation! and yes!!! Friendlies against the likes of Sweden, Denmark, Egypt, Tunisia or Senegal are the ones I'm talking about!!! To h*ll with the likes of Portugal, Belgium or England. At the very least we should be able to get those kind of friendlies!!!

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
the draw is made.
Very valid point :4kerim:

Oct 18, 2010
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...iran-world-cup-manchester-united-real-madrid/

Why is Carlos Queiroz managing Iran?

Queiroz has not touched upon his reasons for taking up the manager's role with Team Melli but has struck up a fantastic bond with the fans since his appointment in 2011.

The Portuguese boss had a fantastic reputation as a coach at the time, but there were question marks over his managerial ability after unsuccessful spells with Real Madrid and Portugal.

But now he is arguably the most sought after boss in Asia after leading the Iranians to two consecutive World Cups.

He reportedly earns £1.5m-a-year in his role as Iran manager.

Nov 24, 2002
So seems like 7 friendly matches before WC are for real, if this is the case TM will play 11 friendly matches which is really good numbers and never happened in past. Taj mentioned they are negotiating with teams such as Poland, Greece, Italy , they will most likely play in a tournament in Qatar, he didn't mention it directly in this interview but the only justification of playing against Qatar can be if TM is part of 4 teams tournament which there were some talks about in last two weeks.

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=44528