TM Iran Information Thread

Feb 4, 2005
Omid Ebrahimi injury against ZA was very serious. He is going to miss (most probably) the return leg against ZA and worse, world cup too. No Ezzat no Omid in our first game against Morocco.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Well, Omid Ebrahimi is not gonna be missed! To be honest, I didn't think he had what it takes to play in the WC!

It would be good if Teymourian manages to come back in good form.

Feb 4, 2005
Well, Omid Ebrahimi is not gonna be missed! To be honest, I didn't think he had what it takes to play in the WC!

It would be good if Teymourian manages to come back in good form.
In absence of Ezzat he was (is) the best we have. Ando is not probably in best form but his experience can help. How is Ali Karimi (not the old retired one)?

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Teymourian has not played for the teams in some years now. I give it less than 5% he will be included with the team. CQ will replace him and hopefully Ezzatollahi can give us a good boost in the next 2 games. He really fucked us up with that stupid card he picked up.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Teymourian has not played for the teams in some years now. I give it less than 5% he will be included with the team. CQ will replace him and hopefully Ezzatollahi can give us a good boost in the next 2 games. He really fucked us up with that stupid card he picked up.
If he is fit and able he will pick him but I doubt he has the stamina and fitness he used to have ...

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
In absence of Ezzat he was (is) the best we have. Ando is not probably in best form but his experience can help. How is Ali Karimi (not the old retired one)?
None of our DM alternatives have impressed me to be honest. In fact it's not about them impressing me but I think their qualities in TM have been way lower than the others and they are not even close to be facing big teams in the WC (that includes both Ebrahimi and Karimi). If Teymourian can train hard these remaining weeks and get himself back in form we'll be saved otherwise if CQ doesn't find another suitable replacement for Ezzatollahi, we'll be in deep $h*t against Morocco.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^Yes, I'm afraid that's also true. but at least he's shown himself in TM before and his quality is on par with the other starters. That's also the case with Haji Safi.

and beside DM, we still lack a good replacement for Hosseini in CD. In any case....khoda be dad bereseh.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
TEAM MELI World Cup Squad announced

Amir Abedzadeh 25
Alireza Beiranvand 25
Hossein Hosseini 25
Mohammad Rashid Mazaheri 24

Saeed Aghaei 23
Vouria Ghafouri 30
Seyed Jalal Hosseini 36
Mohammad Khanzadeh 27
Milad Mohammadi 24
Pejman Montazeri 34
Morteza Pouraliganji 26
Ramin Rezaeian 28
Rouzbeh Cheshmi 24
Ashkan Dejagah 31
Omid Ebrahimi 30? (Steven Beitashour 31)
Saeid Ezatolahi 21
Saman Ghoddos 24
Ali Gholizadeh 22
Ehsan Hajsafi 28
Ali Karimi 24
Masoud Shojaei 33
Mehdi Torabi 23
Vahid Amiri 30
Karim Ansarifard 28
Reza Ghoochannejhad 30
Alireza Jahanbakhsh 24
Kaveh Rezaei 26