TM Iran Information Thread

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Iran's lineup vs Lithuania according to Eurosport:

Beiranvand, Rezaeian, PAG, Montazeri Milad, HajSafi, Ashkan, Shojaei, Taremi (Karim 80'), Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun

Which is slightly different from what 90 has reported:
Cheshmi Instead of Montazeri
Omid Ebrahimi instead of Ashkan

As mentioned before Karim scored at the end of the game (88 or 90 min depending on the source).

Oct 18, 2010
Iran's lineup vs Lithuania according to Eurosport:

Beiranvand, Rezaeian, PAG, Montazeri Milad, HajSafi, Ashkan, Shojaei, Taremi (Karim 80'), Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun

Which is slightly different from what 90 has reported:
Cheshmi Instead of Montazeri
Omid Ebrahimi instead of Ashkan

As mentioned before Karim scored at the end of the game (88 or 90 min depending on the source).
i've been telling you this time around carlos is going for the bang in
the first game.
no dms no nonsense.just bang bang you're dead direct style.

Nov 29, 2002
I think we can now infer our likely starting line-up against Morocco, similar to the last warm-up match for Brazil he will pick the team he chose here which is only slightly different from the Turkey friendly:

-----------------------------------Azmoun-----------------------------------------
-----Taremi----------------------------------------------Jahanbakhsh------------
-------------------------------------Shojaei---------------------------------------
----------------------Hajsafi-------------------------Ebrahimi--------------------
Mohammadi----------Pouraliganji-----------------Cheshmi--------------Rezaian
-----------------------------------Beiranvand---------------------------------------

I would be very surprised now after using this line-up for the last game and for the final closed-doors game, if he changes it. Really hope he does though because I think both Cheshmi and Shojaei will break our compact defensive unit and kill our counters with their lack of speed and anticipation. Hope I'm wrong though.

With subs in likely order as per situation

1= Amiri
1= Ghoddos (depending on event)

3. Ansarifard (I'm guessing his goal may have put him higher up)
4. Dejagah
5. Ghoochannejhad

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
https://predictor.fifa.com/match/predictions/1

پیش‌بینی نتایج ایران: حذف با ۱ گل زده و ۶ گل خورده

این نظرسنجی عمومی که در این صفحه فعال است، پیش‌بینی‌های پرتکرار را به نمایش عمومی گذاشته است. تا لحظه انتشار این خبر، اکثر کاربران شرکت‌کننده در این نظرسنجی نتیجه مسابقه نخست ایران مقابل مراکش را تساوی ۱-۱ پیش بینی کرده‌اند.

همچنین پیش‌بینی پرتکرار مسابقه دوم ایران مقابل پرتقال نتیجه ۲ بر صفر به سود پرتقال است. در مورد مسابقه تیم‌های ایران و اسپانیا نیز اکثر شرکت‌کنندگان در نظرسنجی فیفا بر این باورند که تیم ایران با تحمل شکست ۳ بر صفر و در مجموع با کسب یک امتیاز از گردونه رقابت‌های جام جهانی خداحافظی خواهد کرد.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Really hope he does though because I think both Cheshmi and Shojaei will break our compact defensive unit and kill our counters with their lack of speed and anticipation. Hope I'm wrong though.
I think Cheshmi as DM is fine. Shojaei should really not play. At least not as a starter! It makes sense not to start Dejagah after just recovering from his injury.

Something tells me CQ will start with Ansarifard in some games and let Azmoun come in as a sub.

My biggest fear:

* Ebrahimi starts and he's on one of his many bad days.
*Toothless Shojaei.
*CB in general and with any combination.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
FIFA is not going to do anything to NIKE or any other american company, because when they signed contracts with these Amercian companies, the expensive legal department at each of these companies ensured an OFAC clause was inserted in the contract. Essentially, FIFA cannot ask them to break any laws, which is what will happen if they do business with Iranians.

Your boycott of NIKE and any other American company will not make them change their minds or business policy either. They are not shutting down their business because Iranians are pissed off.