TM Iran Information Thread

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I hope, even if it is for a short time, he takes Kia and Hashemian under her wings. Both of them can be good replacements in 2-3 years.
Both guys you mentioned are great but do they have the charisma and the spirit to fight off the challenges of the football mafia that exist and want to force their agenda?

Technically they have the potential but its the out of the pitch issues that concern me, they are too nice and may get into trouble with the forces who want to influence team melli affairs.

Oct 18, 2010
has reds #70 been invited?he is a true forward and someone
iran can use both in the air and on the ground as well as being
a natural scorer.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
No more Seyed Jalal and also Kaveh Rezai not on the list either.
Seyyed not being invited is my only question. If he looks for experienced players, among Shojaei, Montazeri, Dejagah and Jalal Hossaini, I think Seyyed is the most fit in his position. If he looks for experienced players in midfield then I guess our younger players have gained enough experience during world cup and their enough years of playing in European teams to fill the gap.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Seyyed not being invited is my only question. If he looks for experienced players, among Shojaei, Montazeri, Dejagah and Jalal Hossaini, I think Seyyed is the most fit in his position. If he looks for experienced players in midfield then I guess our younger players have gained enough experience during world cup and their enough years of playing in European teams to fill the gap.
This is most probably because we have enough solid players in CB position now a days, while in CAM, only a 24 year old Ghoddos comes to mind. I think we lack good ones in IPL as well. Or at least they are not TM material. We have Shekari but I guess CQ thinks he's still too young.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
This is most probably because we have enough solid players in CB position now a days, while in CAM, only a 24 year old Ghoddos comes to mind. I think we lack good ones in IPL as well. Or at least they are not TM material. We have Shekari but I guess CQ thinks he's still too young.
Fair enough but Montazeri over Seyed Jalal? And I am esteghlali.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
But Montazeri is not a starter and perhaps he is in because he maybe more versatile and can play in different positions , I am just speculating ….

I doubt there is any other reason but technical reasons only .
Again I am not questioning CQ's judgement but where else other than CD we may need Montazeri? RB we have Vorya and Sadegh Moharrami. LB we have Milad and if needed Ehsan. So I really don't get why Montazeri keeps getting invited. If it was up to me I would only take Ashkan and Jalal Hossaini and give chances to younger players instead of Montazeri and specially Shojaei.