TM Iran Information Thread

Harsh you’re talking as if We are Spain or Germany lets not forget Sardar Azmoun and Ghoddos were not available today and they’re both very good players despite that we performed really well and matched South Korea in every department. Based on what I’ve seen in the last two matches we got a great future with young talented players like Delfi Allahyar Sayadmanesh and Shekkari joining TM soon replacing the
the over the hill players like Dejagah.
No doubt Iran's football has been improving and will continue that trend for the coming years, but the rate of progress is not high enough to shrink the gap between Iran's football and the top level. That should be the goal of every nation's footballing body. To close the gap. For that to happen, player development is key. Not saying there's no player development in Iran, but it's far from impressive.

Hehehehehe khandidam, Congrats Tombangeer liked your post ... Which doesn't surprise me !!!! I guess Nowadays it must be hard to answer a simple question?
Baba he's taking a jab at your recent thread about Son being the best Asian player of all time. He thinks anything made in Iran is better than everything made outside, while you and I think the opposite. The truth is somewhere in between.

Baba he's taking a jab at your recent thread about Son being the best Asian player of all time..
LOOOOOOOL now I got it .......

yeah one of those

به دنیا میای در گوشت عربی اذان میگن

ازدواج به زبان عربی

دین عربی

تمام تعطیلات به عربی

میمیری ، مراسم عربی

۷۰% اسم‌ها عربی

ولی خلیج فارس چرا عربی

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Hehehehehe khandidam, Congrats Tombangeer liked your post ... Which doesn't surprise me !!!! I guess Nowadays it must be hard to answer a simple question?
For someone who is on top of everything in this forum including who likes what post as you mentioned above, do you really expect me to believe that you have no clue what I am talking about?
BTW, it is not a jab as BT put it. It was just an observation that best player didn't have much to offer when playing for Korean National Team. That just to prove that playing for NT is different than playing at club level. While Son is very successful at his club and has managed to put some impressive numbers together, but that does not make him the best since he has not impressed as much at National level.

For someone who is on top of everything in this forum including who likes what post as you mentioned above, do you really expect me to believe that you have no clue what I am talking about?
BTW, it is not a jab as BT put it. It was just an observation that the best player didn't have much to offer when playing for the Korean National Team. That just to prove that playing for NT is different than playing at club level. While Son is very successful at his club and has managed to put some impressive numbers together, but that does not make him the best since he has not impressed as much at National level.
Azziz Jan, First of all, I'm too old for that kind of shenanigans as I had totally forgotten about that thread. I thought maybe Korea has granted citizenship to a recognized player. Second, My thread was not an announcement, it was relatively a question. Third, Did I deny you or those who didn't agree with it?

Feb 4, 2005
Azziz Jan, First of all, I'm too old for that kind of shenanigans as I had totally forgotten about that thread. I thought maybe Korea has granted citizenship to a recognized player. Second, My thread was not an announcement, it was relatively a question. Third, Did I deny you or those who didn't agree with it?
I’m even older than you and I already forgot what you and Finally were talking about

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
No doubt Iran's football has been improving and will continue that trend for the coming years, but the rate of progress is not high enough to shrink the gap between Iran's football and the top level. That should be the goal of every nation's footballing body. To close the gap. For that to happen, player development is key. Not saying there's no player development in Iran, but it's far from impressive.
I remember the days that winning one set against japan and Korea or China was considered a great achievement for our volleyball and look at them now!
There's no reason our football can't do the same, talent is there....
How soon we can close that gap?
I have no idea, I would just enjoy the journey and follow their progress, ups and downs and hope they get there sooner than later.
What's certain is the quality of our football with bare minimum against the likes of Korea with all their wealth and investment who have been dreaming of a victory against us for the last 10 years.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The advantage that every coach (now Wilmots) has is that they don't have to worry about basics. Poor CQ bega raft but made sure the ABCs are in place and on top of the list discipline. Now lets hope Wilmots can build on that.
as much as i like to take a dump on the federation.

we have to admit that so far they have done ok by iranian standards this year.

they hired a coach (something that is normally left for a minute before the game.)

scheduled two friendlies.

if they keep it up, we can be optimistic for WCQ