TM Iran Information Thread

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Seems like Iran request for hosting the remaining of the matches was refused and Bahrain will be the host, any surprise with fcking AFC?

Iran was the most logic choice as TM was supposed to play three out of four games at home anway.
With the humidity in Bahrain in June and the number of games tm has to play this is definitely a HUGE disadvantage. If I was the head of IFF I wouldn't accept such a decision.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
When have AFC decisions ever been logical?
But is that a final decision or they're still talking?

The fact that the other teams don't want to play in Iran is completely understandable with the magnitude of the pandemic going on there. but Bahrain?!!! Bahrain are themselves one of our opponents. Playing all our games there wouldn't make sense even from AFC's illogical point of view.

The games should be held in one of Iran's northern neighbors. Why not in Turkey? There are lots of Iranians there.

but 4 games in 12 days don't make sense either. Even for AFC's Arabic brothers.

Oct 18, 2010
afc fairness is killing me :ROFLMAO:
why should bah get to play iran twice at home for wc qualification?
this has never happened before.
i would recommend iran just quit and tell afc to buzz off or ask the
'divine authority' to intervene and cause havoc in bah to stop the steal.

Nov 24, 2002
They fcuked us big time, they also changed the scheduling, Iran will face Bahrain in 2nd match and Iraq in 4th, then Bahrain will play their last match after us. Anyway, a forward line with Taremi and Sardar and Allahyar is a dream of most of Asian teams. We have enough decent tools in midfielder, Ezzatolahi, Ebrahimi, Nourollahi, Ali Karimi, Gholizadeh, Ghoddos, Amiri. Defense needs to be solid, i wouldn't mind inviting Jalal for few games only, the experience and dressing room environment is HUGE in such a critical situation and he proved many times to be a real leader. He doesn't need to start or play a lot, just have him around the team, the way Namjoo Motalgh was invited in 98 Q.

Team-Melli has enough weapons to pass these fcukers.

--------------------------Alireza Beiranvand---------------------

Sadegh Moharrami- Hossein Kanani-Pouraliganji--Milad Mohammadi
---------------------Ali Karimi--------Ebrahimi(C)-------------------
Gholizadeh--------------------------------------------------------------- Vahid Amiri------
------------------------------Sardar Azmoun-Mehdi Taremi-------------------------------

Bench: Abedzadeh, Sayyadmanesh, Hajsafi, Jalal Hosseini, Ghoddos, Ezzatollahi, Ansarifard, Majid Hosseini, Jafar Salmani, Alireza Jahanvakhsh, Noorollahi, Rezaeian

I include Ali Karimi and Ebrahimi in starting line up because they play in Qatar and are familiar to play in such a situation

On paper we are much better than both Iraq and Bahrain, we just need to be mentally ready and having a psychologist and therapist and as many as leaders around the team is very huge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Team-Melli has enough weapons to pass these fcukers.
Didn't we say the same back in 2001? and we still got f*cked with a normal and fair schedule.

Don't you remember back in 2013 how Qatar suddenly decided to lose to Uzbekistan with 5-1 just to make sure the Uzbeks had a better goal difference than us in case we drew South Korea? These MFs do everything in their power just to stop Iran from qualifying to the WC! Even if it means they don't get qualified themselves!

With CQ we'd be invincible but now, unfortunately I just cannot see us qualify with the current set up! Better to say goodbye to the WC already now. :(

and where the h*ll is that new IFF boss? Wasn't he supposed to do something?

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Iran should go to FIFA and CAS asap and file against AFC for making political decision.
-If there is COVID in Iran, so is in Bahrain. With waxing and waining peaks, there is no guarantee or even prediction that by the time of competition Manama is in better shape than Tehran. It is all about following the protocols which is not big deal for about 200 people.
-If it is about loss of revenue, Iran should indicate it will be Iran that suffers not AFC.
-Iran should also underline that by not making to the WC, there will be direct immediate and indirect longer and larger financial loss for IFF. AFCmust be held responsible.
-As for fairness, it is clear that Iran will lose the advantage of playing homegrown and will be particularly disadvantaged against Bahrain.
-If it is about USA punishing AFC for sanctions, it means AFC is complying with a third party sanction on a member country and not what is passed by UN on Iran. This is clearly a political decision.

Iran has a strong case against IFF and Bahrain Sheikh Salman, but knowing the idiots that run IRI in general and IFF in particular, our players should get prepared to watch the WC from home.

Jan 26, 2006
This just needs a concerted effort to question the decision, otherwise say goodbye to any remaining hope of Iran qualifying for the world cup.

It's not going to come by IFF who will likely respond late and via an incompetent letter with awful grammar.

It's up to Iranian internet groups to mobilise and challenge this so that it spreads and becomes a question of AFC corruption. The issue is to focus on the right thing and not make it a question of race

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
but knowing the idiots that run IRI in general and IFF in particular, our players should get prepared to watch the WC from home.
Indeed!

Under shah, AFC never dared to treat Iran the way they are doing now.

This being AFCs final official decision, I'm afraid nothing will work to change that. Not even Fifa. After all it's the interest of the western allies in the region that is at stake. If there was any chance to change this, we should have moved our a$$es way before the decision was made. Ali Karimi thanks god for not have gotten selected as IFF president.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
It has to be from multiple sources, people directed to sign a strong legal document threatening AFC for a huge lawsuit on behalf of Iranian people and Sheikh Salman for making corruptive decision. But the document should be coming from an attorney with familiarity to the field and international law.

Oct 18, 2010
iriff can take advantage of this situation and make a real political
statement now that the afc is making political decisions.

iriff should declare they have no problem playing in bahrain since
it is iran's 32nd province so technically iran is playing at home.

further,when playing bahrain they should have a iran32 logo on
their kits to make the point very clear (y)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

Yeah and that's when the referee is given millions of Dollars to repeat our 2001 experience as a retaliation.

The only way we can get away with this is if somehow AFC's decision is reversed and we can play our home games at home. and unfortunately that wont happen in this life time. So kiss the WC goodbye.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Indeed!

Under shah, AFC never dared to treat Iran the way they are doing now.

This being AFCs final official decision, I'm afraid nothing will work to change that. Not even Fifa. After all it's the interest of the western allies in the region that is at stake. If there was any chance to change this, we should have moved our a$$es way before the decision was made. Ali Karimi thanks god for not have gotten selected as IFF president.
What's the issue with Ali Karimi? I'm not up to date on IFF politics.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto

FIFA would ban iran from international competition if IFF does anything political in the game.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
What's the issue with Ali Karimi? I'm not up to date on IFF politics.
Ali Karimi took part in the election as a candidate to become IFF boss together with Mahdavikia. Their argument was to let former football players lead IFF for an open leadership. After all they were the ones who knew best what Iran's football needed. However as expected, a "damaghoo" named, Shahabeddin Aziz Khadem was elected instead. and the guy hasn't done jack...

Nov 24, 2002
Base on Shahab Zahedi IG, seems like he wasn't invited or didn't received the letter for TM next friendly, however Allahyar seems to be invited.