TM Iran Information Thread

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Their concerns and reasoning are to some extent valid. My problem is that for WC2022 qualifications, if Iran can't host the remaining games and even its own games, why should they be played in one of our opponent's (in this case Bahrain) home? These games were supposed to be played home and away, basically AFC is telling us that not only we cannot host, we have to abide by this new rule "Away and Away"!! What a Joke!!! You never see this happening in Europe...

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Nothing but excuses here. What new sanctions were placed on Iran in 2021, which were not present when Iran was competing in internationals in 2020?

The only change is that Iraq and Bahrain have a stronger chance of eliminating Iran and are working to ensure that happens by improving every situation to maximize their advantage.

Khak to sar e IFF and IR for allowing this to happen.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Their concerns and reasoning are to some extent valid. My problem is that for WC2022 qualifications, if Iran can't host the remaining games and even its own games, why should they be played in one of our opponent's (in this case Bahrain) home? These games were supposed to be played home and away, basically AFC is telling us that not only we cannot host, we have to abide by this new rule "Away and Away"!! What a Joke!!! You never see this happening in Europe...
Nothing but excuses here. What new sanctions were placed on Iran in 2021, which were not present when Iran was competing in internationals in 2020?

The only change is that Iraq and Bahrain have a stronger chance of eliminating Iran and are working to ensure that happens by improving every situation to maximize their advantage.

Khak to sar e IFF and IR for allowing this to happen.
Guys I was thinking about the same. but Iran has never been allowed to host major tournaments in the last 40 years. The reason they have eliminated home and away set up, I guess is because of the pandemic. They are trying to limit traveling for all teams. With a host, all countries only need to travel once, play all their games there and then come back. and it is absolutely natural and understandable that Iran cannot host major tournaments in the current condition.

but as said a host doesn't have to be picked internally. That's the major question for me.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Guys I was thinking about the same. but Iran has never been allowed to host major tournaments in the last 40 years. The reason they have eliminated home and away set up, I guess is because of the pandemic. They are trying to limit traveling for all teams. With a host, all countries only need to travel once, play all their games there and then come back. and it is absolutely natural and understandable that Iran cannot host major tournaments in the current condition.

but as said a host doesn't have to be picked internally. That's the major question for me.
I think if safety was a concern the host country would have been neutral Mongolia (or an alternative neutral country with a low population) instead of Bahrain that has a clear conflict of interest.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I think if safety was a concern the host country would have been neutral Mongolia (or an alternative neutral country with a low population) instead of Bahrain that has a clear conflict of interest.
Mongolia is not even in the competition. Why would they want to host the games to begin with? It's logical to have a host among the ones still playing. but as you say they could have picked hosts from other groups to avoid "conflict of interest".

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Mongolia is not even in the competition. Why would they want to host the games to begin with? It's logical to have a host among the ones still playing. but as you say they could have picked hosts from other groups to avoid "conflict of interest".
A neural host that is not in the competition is the only fair solution if they want to force all the games to be played in the same location. A common sense approach would be to also pick a location that is fairly isolated with temperate weather that is not plagued by sweltering humidity.

But what do I know. I'm just one man who hasn't received money from the Bahrain football association.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
A neural host that is not in the competition is the only fair solution if they want to force all the games to be played in the same location. A common sense approach would be to also pick a location that is fairly isolated with temperate weather that is not plagued by sweltering humidity.

But what do I know. I'm just one man who hasn't received money from the Bahrain football association.
From football point of view you are absolutely right. but you also have to see things through the eyes of the natural host. Why would any country who doesn't participate in the tournament, want to go through the trouble and host, for them, an irrelevant tournament? It costs money, time and lots of efforts.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
TM's new list is out:

به گزارش ورزش سه، دیدار دوستانه تیم های ملی فوتبال ایران وسوریه از ساعت 17:30 روز دهم فروردین ماه سال 1400 در حالی برگزار می شود که دراگان اسکوچیچ، سرمربی تیم ملی فوتبال اسامی بازیکنان دعوت شده به اردوی تیم ملی را به شرح زیر اعلام کرد:

*دروازه بانان
١- علیرضا بیرانوند
٢- محمد رشید مظاهرى
٣- پیام نیازمند

*مدافعین:
٤- شجاع خلیل زاده
٥- محمد حسین کنعانى زادگان
٦- سید مجید حسینى
٧- عارف غلامى
٨- میلاد محمدى
٩- جعفر سلمانى
١٠- مهدی تیکدرى
١١- ابوالفضل جلالى

*هافبکها
١٢-احسان حاجى صفى
١٣-امید ابراهیمى
١٤- احمد نورالهى
١٥-على کریمى
١٦-امید نورافکن
١٧-وحید امیرى
١٨-على قلى زاده
١٩- سیامک نعمتى

*مهاجمین
٢٠-سردار آزمون
٢١-مهدى طارمى
٢٢-مهدى قایدى
٢٣-کریم انصاریفرد
٢٤- اله یار صیادمنش

بازیکنان فوق باید ساعت ١٢:٠٠ روز سه شنبه ٣ فروردین در هتل المپیک حضور یابند.
ضمنا امیر عابدزاده بدلیل قوانین قرنطینه در جزیره مادیرا، علیرضا جهانبخش و سامان قدوس بدلیل محدودیتهاى پروازى از کشور انگلیس ، مرتضى پورعلى گنجى و صادق محرمى بدلیل مصدومیت و کاوه رضایی بخاطر ابتلا به کرونا به این اردو دعوت نشدند

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/1744856/لیست-تیم-ملی-ایران-اعلام-شد

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
AFC could pay them. Plenty of logical solutions are possible that don't involve teams being advantaged or disadvantaged.
There are 8 groups and 40 teams man. Could AFC pay natural countries to host all of them even if they had that kind of money? I think we need to see things through little more logical eyes.

I think the easiest solution is to just pick the hosts among the ones who play in the tournament. But as said, they could have picked them externally, meaning our group would play all their games in the host country of another group and so on... That would have made it more fair.

Last edited:

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
There are 8 groups and 40 teams man. Could AFC pay natural countries to host all of them even if they had that kind of money? I think we need to see things through little more logical eyes.

I think the easiest solution is to just pick the hosts among the ones who play in the tournament. But as said, they could have picked them externally, meaning our group would play all their games in the host country of another group and so on... That would have made it more fair.
The minimum number of countries necessary to host 40 teams is 1. 1 country only and one stadium.

And what fees would the AFC have to cover exactly? Only stadium rental, security and perhaps some smaller expenses. Hotel and food has always been covered by the associations.

Bottom line is that the AFC isn't fooling anyone with their corrupt decrees. Fair solutions are possible but are not happening due to clear bias.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The minimum number of countries necessary to host 40 teams is 1. 1 country only and one stadium.

And what fees would the AFC have to cover exactly? Only stadium rental, security and perhaps some smaller expenses. Hotel and food has always been covered by the associations.

Bottom line is that the AFC isn't fooling anyone with their corrupt decrees. Fair solutions are possible but are not happening due to clear bias.
For a country to host such an important tournament, it needs to have a semi-ok stadium. A country which has a semi-ok stadium usually has got a smi-ok football as well. Do you think that country don't have its own football teams and schedules to let a whole stadium be occupied by irrelevant games of 40 teams?!!! I mean even if they wait until that country's football league season is over, playing all the games in one stadium is an impossibility as some of the games have to be played at the same time so their results wont influence each other.

Also there are more costs for this than you think....stadium wear cost is one of them. Add to that the problem of choosing a proper common host country which is accepted by all the teams (even if you choose several host countries, that can be a problem). I think this is just not a good and logical solution.

It clearly shows we have so much experience and knowledge in the field of organizing big football tournaments, ay? lol :D

Last edited:

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
The situation is bad but not horrible for a team that deserves to go to the WC.
Assuming Iran, Iraq and Bahrain all bag the remaining points against Hong Kong and Cambodia:
-If Iran wins against Bahrain, even losing to Iraq will make Iran 2nd in the group on goal difference, and 15 points should be enough to be one of the second teams that advance.
-If Iran ties with Bahrain, a win against Iraq will do the same
-If Iran loses to Bahrain, it is definitely over regardless of the game against Iraq unless Cambodia or Hong Kong do something.

THE FOCUS HAS TO BE TO WIN AGAINST BAHRAIN.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
For a country to host such an important tournament, it needs to have a semi-ok stadium. A country which has a semi-ok stadium usually has got a smi-ok football as well. Do you think that country don't have its own football teams and schedules to let a whole stadium be occupied by irrelevant games of 40 teams?!!! I mean even if they wait until that country's football league season is over, playing all the games in one stadium is an impossibility as some of the games have to be played at the same time so their results wont influence each other.

Also there are more costs for this than you think....stadium wear cost is one of them. Add to that the problem of choosing a proper common host country which is accepted by all the teams (even if you choose several host countries, that can be a problem). I think this is just not a good and logical solution.

It clearly shows we have so much experience and knowledge in the field of organizing big football tournaments, ay? lol :D
Asia has many countries. All the problems you mentioned can be solved. AFC's decision was made to clearly give Bahrain an advantage.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The situation is bad but not horrible for a team that deserves to go to the WC.
Assuming Iran, Iraq and Bahrain all bag the remaining points against Hong Kong and Cambodia:
-If Iran wins against Bahrain, even losing to Iraq will make Iran 2nd in the group on goal difference, and 15 points should be enough to be one of the second teams that advance.
-If Iran ties with Bahrain, a win against Iraq will do the same
-If Iran loses to Bahrain, it is definitely over regardless of the game against Iraq unless Cambodia or Hong Kong do something.

THE FOCUS HAS TO BE TO WIN AGAINST BAHRAIN.
and unfortunately the Bahrainis know all about this too. have a feeling the WCQ2001 is going to be repeated all over again.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Damn....if we just advance from this stage to the next round it would feel like as if we have qualified to the WC itself. How did we get to this point? Only because of one lousy mistake of letting one man go...

Nang bar in mamlekat!

Jan 26, 2006
Only because of one lousy mistake of letting one man go...
Not appreciated what we had, living in absolute dreamworlds

Even people on this site seem to not appreciate what Queiroz (whilst of course not perfect!) did for Iranian football and how much the team changed under him. Is it just lack of memory, masochism, not having followed the team that much, problems with living in the real world, lack of football literacy, who knows...?

I genuinely can't understand it, it's frustrating in the same way that a lot of things are these days....

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Is it just lack of memory, masochism, not having followed the team that much, problems with living in the real world, lack of football literacy, who knows...?
Oh but we know! We Iranians tend to easily forget about good stuff and good people through out history. We get easily "javgir" with the smallest victory in anything. I remember after CQ left, a lot of people were saying, "he could not add more to our football. He did what he could and made us improve. Now we can build on that with another coach". As if now after CQ we have become Brazil and can change coaches left and right to continue to improve.

When I was living in Iran as a kid, I heard a lot of stories about how we Iranians were so smart compared to the rest of the world. I'm sure you have heard of it too, "Irania bahooshan". and that came from the same people who were looking at the moon to find Khomeini's picture there. Never have I felt as a joke as an Iranian as I do now. Albatte bala nesbate hameye ma ke injaiim va oonaii ke doost darim.