TM Volleyball Iran News Update

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Iran 3 USA 2

Iran wins the 5th set and the match. well done boys.

Fantastic noisy crowd and great support for fantastic TM Iran in San Diego. :)

And kudos to USA Volleyball Federation for facilitating such a great training camp for TM Iran. TM Iran's manager Amir Khoshkhabar was quite pleased and appreciative with the way TM Iran's camp has been handled in USA.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2005
next door
Great game by Iran, much better performance. I was at the game, they announced 6000 attendance,tho there were mostly iranian. i would say 5:1 ratio. there were many empty seats also.

some pointers:

-I met up with our own Bijan at the game, we talked a bit
-after the game i wish TM players would have stayed behind to give out signatures and talk to the fans, they left very quickly to the locker room
-i spoke briefly to the TM sarparast to tell him why they do not have TM merchandize so the fans can buy jerseys, scarves, etc..... they were selling a cheap T-shirt with Iran vs US on it, but i would have like to see TM merchandize being sold. i did not have any volleyball kit so i ended up going with TM football jersey. I saw most fans had TM jersey on.
-in few occasions TM players were arguing with each other on the court about who should have got the ball etc.... it was embarrassing, just stfu and play, one of the coaching staff had to separate Mosavi from anther play i can't remember his name, they were really going at the verbally even during TO
-our coach Kovaj needs to learn how to use his TO, he just does not like to use TO. every time TM had a run, the US coach very cleverly would call TO to stop the run, but in many occasions our coach would not call a TO til we were 4-5 points behind.
-This was USA B team, there were many college kids on the roster, but none the less it was a good confidence booster to beat them in their home. as we will play US next summer again in US in the World League.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
hey guys tomorrow's game between US vs IRan in LA has been Canceled, can anyone confirm this? why did they cancel the game? does anyone know!!
Tomorrow's game has not been cancelled. it has been moved to Bren Center at UC Irvine. it starts at 18:00 Pacific time.

The game was originally scheduled to be played at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion but it was moved to UC Irvine due to some maintenance work being done at Pauley Pavilion.

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Great game by Iran, much better performance. I was at the game, they announced 6000 attendance,tho there were mostly iranian. i would say 5:1 ratio. there were many empty seats also.

some pointers:

-I met up with our own Bijan at the game, we talked a bit
It was absolutely a pleasure meeting you. I know we didn't get to spend time as much as I wanted to but hopefully we get to do that in near future.

In terms of our team, We probably have one of the best offenses in the world, our service need to get MUCH stronger as well as our defending. Although we did win this game, but I believe U.S had way better stats when it comes to service and defending. This will cost us top 4 place in the world because without a good defense our offensive line can only do so much. Overall it was joy watching the team but I agree, our coach Kovac is over his head with this team and rightfully so. We have a long way to go but we need a STRONG coach and I am not sure we have got one.

Nov 24, 2002
this uncoming world championship is test for Kovac. i am not sure as well he is the right choice .that is probably he replaced a coach like Vlasco and expectation is very high

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I wish I could have made it to the trip to SD but I was in northern California during the games. USA is good but losing 3-0 is very disturbing as PE pointed out. Were these just a series of friendly games against USA in SD and UCI? I agree with PE yelling who should have gotten the ball is so lame and immature just shut up and play ball. Focus on Poland and don't point the finger at others because three are pointed back at you when you do that. We need some work before Poland but at least now we have some things to discuss. A Vietnamese saying is failure breeds success.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
^^in an interview with BBC persian, iran coach was not happy with the results. i tend to agree with him, we had a free fall in this series of friendly games. except game 3 no real effort and hustle. everyone seemed content to be in US for a week of vacation.

some of the players were more worried about updating their facebook, twitter etc... than playing as they would keep posting pictures and updates LOL

Nov 24, 2002
^^in an interview with BBC persian, iran coach was not happy with the results. i tend to agree with him, we had a free fall in this series of friendly games. except game 3 no real effort and hustle. everyone seemed content to be in US for a week of vacation.

some of the players were more worried about updating their facebook, twitter etc... than playing as they would keep posting pictures and updates LOL
that is the nature of popularity unfortunately ... they are same kids that used to give their 100% before when not many people knew them ,,,

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV

I was afraid of that sometimes you get a little complacent, especially since Iran did well up to that point but looks like they were more concerned with twitter and fb updates and kicking it in Southern California vs focusing on USA. Well USA is a good lesson they better get their act together or else Poland would destroy Iran. I'm just saying if you play like that you will lose to Poland but if you play like you did before when you gave Italy a run for their money, then Iran will be fine. Boy looks like I got lucky I didn't watch that butt kicking. I"ll bet you on the US side, they were focused and probably played fundamental team volleyball and our dudes were pointing fingers. Doh.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
^^in two weeks or so we will be facing this same US team in the World Cup. they have figured out ALL our weaknesses and Straights and they are ready. But I feel we wasted 3 games verses US and we still do not have an answer for their speed on the net and bruit force and stamina.

our boys need to get their head out of their ass and start stepping up their games cause we do not have much time left til the start of the World Cup and soon after the Asian Games!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^ It might not be a complete waste if this refocuses Iran but I watched a few USA games in the past the Americans, much like the European teams are just more physically fit than Iranian players and I'm sorry to say this but they are not as lazy either. These kids growing up on a beach have been playing volleyball since they were probably four. By the time they are HS varsity players, they are seasoned veterans of the game and the ones who go to college get great coaching. They also have the best facilities. We don't have this at Iran but we could at least be conditioned and not just show up to party.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Fantastic TM Volleyball Iran is continuing preparations for upcoming 2014 Senior World Championship in Poland (starting in August 30) followed by 2014 Asian Games in S.Korea (starting in September 20).

استارت مردان والیبال ایران از امروز با 17 بازیکن

تیم ملی والیبال کشورمان آخرین مرحله اردوی آمادگی خود را پیش از اعزام به لهستان از امروز آغاز می کند

به گزارش روابط عمومی فدراسیون والیبال، تیم ملی والیبال کشورمان که پس از یک اردوی 10 روزه در امریکا ساعت یک بامداد دوشنبه وارد تهران شد، پس از یک روز استراحت آخرین مرحله اردوی آمادگی خود را پیش از سفر به لهستان به منظور شرکت در مسابقات قهرمانی جهان 2014 از ساعت 17 امروز در سالن والیبال مجموعه ورزشی آزادی آغاز می کند

اسلوبودان کواچ سرمربی تیم ملی والیبال کشورمان اسامی هفده بازیکن به نام های سعيد معروف، مهدي مهدوي، سيد محمد موسوي، فرهاد ظريف، فرهاد قائمي، امير غفور، عليرضا مباشري، پوريا فياضي، عبدالرضا عليزاده، آرمين تشكري، ميلاد عبادي پور، شهرام محمودي، عادل غلامي، سامان فائزي، مجتبی میرزاجانپور، عليرضا نادي و رضا قرا را جهت شرکت در این اردو دعوت کرد

ملی پوشان کشورمان تمرینات خود را از عصر امروز در دو نوبت صبح و عصر زیر نظر کادر فنی شامل امیر خوش خبر (سرپرست)، اسلوبودان کواچ (سرمربی)، اسلوبودان پراکلیاچیچ، رحمان محمدی راد، رضا تندروان (مربی)، دکتر افروزی (پزشک)، نوید مشجری و مهرداد مهرانپور (آنالیزور)، کارلو ساتی (بدنساز) وعلیرضا پیشیاره (ماساژور) بر گزار می کنند

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Fantastic TM Volleyball Iran is continuing preparations for upcoming 2014 Senior World Championship in Poland (starting in August 30) followed by 2014 Asian Games in S.Korea (starting in September 20).

TM Iran is in Poland and played 2 friendly matches against Australia and won both matches by 3-1 & 3-1. :)

TM Iran's first match in World Championship will be against Italy this Sunday 31 August 2014. :)