To all Bahai's, Muslims, Christians, Jews etc...

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Religion is like a blind man, looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there and has never been there and will never be there and still insists for finding it ...

Everytime you say , I swear I didn't find it, they will tell you to look more since only people with belief can see it

[video=youtube;XLgYAHHkPFs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XLgYAHHkPFs[/video]

Last edited:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Religion is also a TOOL in the hands of God Inc. to keep people happy while poor....in the hope of an afterlife.

Religion should never be percieved as evil. Some idealists and atheists have this notion that religion brings the worst out of people. I saw a tweet by "comedian" Ricky Gervais on Twitter and he recalled about last week's events when an Austrian bungee jumped 120,000+ feet to safely land on the ground, branding the incident as "science". He compared that to a random case of a child being killed because he wanted to go to school "in the name of religion".

Why should science and religion be ever compared? Science is one of the magical creations by God/Allah, something some idealists and atheists will never appreciate.

Certainly, religion has caused some people to express their radical views but that, being the vast minority, must NEVER overshadow the true meaning of religion which is to care for one another unconditionally.

Religion is also a very touchy subject, and children today have lost interest in it. I remember talking to some Americans on the train and they admitted they were "Democrats" and "Christians" but said politics and religion must never be topics of discussion. I don't understand why. It's always good to discuss it but never argue about it. People are afraid to be civil.

Final point - without religion, we would never have the Notre Dame in Paris or the wonderful Mosque in Istanbul. But that's just me being a little geeky when it comes to architecture :p

BijanD

Bench Warmer
Oct 9, 2004
Vancouver
Religion should never be percieved as evil. Some idealists and atheists have this notion that religion brings the worst out of people. I saw a tweet by "comedian" Ricky Gervais on Twitter and he recalled about last week's events when an Austrian bungee jumped 120,000+ feet to safely land on the ground, branding the incident as "science". He compared that to a random case of a child being killed because he wanted to go to school "in the name of religion".

Why should science and religion be ever compared? Science is one of the magical creations by God/Allah, something some idealists and atheists will never appreciate.

Certainly, religion has caused some people to express their radical views but that, being the vast minority, must NEVER overshadow the true meaning of religion which is to care for one another unconditionally.

Religion is also a very touchy subject, and children today have lost interest in it. I remember talking to some Americans on the train and they admitted they were "Democrats" and "Christians" but said politics and religion must never be topics of discussion. I don't understand why. It's always good to discuss it but never argue about it. People are afraid to be civil.

Final point - without religion, we would never have the Notre Dame in Paris or the wonderful Mosque in Istanbul. But that's just me being a little geeky when it comes to architecture :p
i have to respectfully disagree with your final point. Without the cold war we would have never gone to the moon. Doesn't mean the cold war was a good thing. Bad periods in the human civilization has brought the best out of us, that's for sure.

Feb 22, 2005
That is because children of today are growing up in more open societies with more open minded parents and others, with info available to them to call the bull-shit when they see it. They dont go blindly following because their parents did. They question when they are told bull-shit and when they get bull-shit answer, they try to communicate, and when they see the person they are speaking to, is talking of all bubble that has been brainwash in to their head and is talking of an imaginary character, they comprehend it as bull-shit and walk away.

If you dont brainwash the children before a certain age, with religion which is full of fear and threat of punishment, then you cant do it later in life.

In a country like Iran, alot of people have been turned away from religion of Islam, because they see the brutality, lack of compassion, and the threats that comes with it. Telling them to do things because someone wrote a book and called it the bood of god, goes against everything that their creator, the creator of the universe has already bewtowed them with. So, they see the bull-shit and they call on it. Unfortunately, many of them pay with their lives and everyone of their freedom, because the Islamists by oppression run their lives.

Now, you an go say that is not real Islam, and I will say, yes, it is, this is the fruit of over 1300 years of Islam, and the proof is in every country in the middle east.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Are you serious? Science is the creation of God/Allah? Are you drunk?

The reason science and religion should be compared is that the more science helps us understand about life and the Universe, the more we start to reject the bullshit that we have been fed about creation and all the other superstitious crap that religion teaches us.

As we have seen time and again, science moves forward, religion stays put.

We don't need religion. Religion has taught us that men and women are not equal, that you deserve to die for not believing in god, that you are better if you are of a certain faith etc etc. On the other hand, human advances and civilisation have taught us that all people are equal regardless of faith, gender, colour, race, etc. This is morality, not what religions tell us.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com

I feel sorry for you. To have a brain and the luxury of growing up in an open society, and then coming up with this kind of crap! Ouch!

At least most people on this forum have the excuse of being exposed to extreme Islamic brainwashing at a young age. You?!!

Religion is not evil. It's man's answer to the never-ending desire for idolization. Every child is exposed to unfulfilled needs by parents. Those unfulfilled needs end up fueling the desire for "perfection" and "idolization". In a perfect world with perfect parents, no child would ever develop the need for idolization as the parents would fill that role.

Religion comes from imperfect parenting, and that's why it will never go away.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
How lame is this.

When I was watching this event, while I was excited as many other people, when I saw the reaction of the people at the end, it reminded me of myself when I was use to win a level of play-station game and was wondering, okay, he did it. But, so what?

How is this jump going to be the answer to many issues that humanity is facing? Humanity in the twenty-one century massive issues such as wars, poverty, human-rights abuses etc. On top of that there are huge philosophical issues and psychological answers to be answered, even here in the West. There are issues that are related to the individualistic lives that many people lead here in the West. Driven by destructive consumerism culture and frivolous materialism, even here in the West, where there is more scientific progress, many people seem to be unhappy. Talk to many people on the street. Some might say they don't believe in anything. Talk more to them and you will find out they have weird superstitions and assumptions about life, that probably is contrast with science. I call it individualistic religions.

My point is, why should people even get engaged in this discussion of science vs religion. I am not religious but I see many people who are happier as people than me and they are religious and they dont hurt anyone. Likewise, science has helped material progress in many human life.

I mean good for Felix. But so what? How is this a progress? and how does "progress" make people happy? These are the answers that are still vague for me.

I dont get this childish thing of religion vs science. It is just falling for absolutes which we do not know of.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
Religion is not evil. It's man's answer to the never-ending desire for idolization. Every child is exposed to unfulfilled needs by parents. Those unfulfilled needs end up fueling the desire for "perfection" and "idolization". In a perfect world with perfect parents, no child would ever develop the need for idolization as the parents would fill that role.

Religion comes from imperfect parenting, and that's why it will never go away.
I think even more than that, the need for religion has to do with the human fear of two things: uncertainty and death. It's much more comforting to think you know the answers, that there is some kind of fair method to all the madness, that there is a just, all-knowing presence governing the whole thing, and that when you die life isn't really over.

It's pretty depressing to consider the idea that the world is a cold, haphazard and unfair place that you live in for a short while only to die soon and turn to garbage. We should all be protected by an omnipotent force that is keeping track and has an eye on everything. And when we die, all of us nice people should go to a happy wonderland where we're reunited with our family and friends and live happily ever after, and everyone who's been mean to us should go to a really bad place where they get hot rods shoved up their asses for eternity.

May 9, 2004
این اتیئست ها خیلی ساده لوح هستند
بعد فکر میکنند دین باوران هستند که ساده لوح هستند و انها عقل کل
از ان زمانی که خدا بیامرز داروین شاد روان نیتشه و مرحوم لنین و فروید و سارتر وقبل و بعد ازان
خیلی ها نوید اخرین میخ های تابوت مذهب را می دادند ما می بینیم مذهب لا مذهب روز بروز پر طرفدار تر می شود روز بروز اینها مثل خوره توی جان علم و عالمان بدبختی که ارزوی اخرین میخ را به گور برندند می افتند
انزمان یه پیرزنی پیر مردی می رفت و تو پستو جانماز پهن میکرد و دو تا جاهل می امدند قمه می زندن و دو تا اخوند می رفتند بالای منبر و بعدش هم یا علی مدد ما رفتیم پی کارمون
اینقدر این علمای فیزیک و شیمی و فلسفه و تاریخ و جغرافیا وعده دادند که میخ اخر در اوسط قرن گذشته یا خیلی طول بکشد اواخر ان خواهد خورد که
ننه بدبخت وقتی نماز میخوند بهش می خندیدیم و فلانی که روزه میگرفت انکش می کردیم
اخرش چه شد
هیچ کار به جایی رسید که میخی که باید اخرین میخ تابوت مذهب میشد بلانسبت رفت توی ماتحت این و ان و از تابوتی که انتظار دفنش را داشتیم ریش و پشم بود که بیرون زد !!!ا
تو همون غرب که استین بالا زده بود تا میخ را بسازد و بکوبد اتئیست های بیچاره از بی مشتری پشه می پرانند
توی ویترین هایشان به نظر میرسد زیباترین کالاهای مد روز وجود دارد ولی مشتری نیست
حالا باید از خودمان بپرسیم چرا
دکان اتئیست ها با این همه زرق و برق و علم و دانش و نمی دانم میخ کوبی و چکش وداس و بیل کلنگ تخته می شود
و دکان ان به اصطلاح ساده لوحان که توی اطاقی تاریک دنبال گربه ای سیاه که وجود ندارد می گردند و پیدا میکنند روز بروز مشتری ها و خواستگارهای جدیدی به خود جلب میکند
اگر بگویم که همه این مشتریان احمق و ساده هستند
پس چرا این میخ کوبان (اتئیست) باهوش نتوانستند یک مشت احمق را به راه راست بیاورند و میخ را بکوبند
مشکل اینجاست که این گروه میخ بدستانی که انتظار اخرین ضربات چکش را می کشند هنوز درک نکرده اند که
انسان ابعاد زیادتری از سه بعدی که می شناسند دارد !!!آ
انسان ها نمیتوانند بدون مذهب زندگی کنند
حالا تعریف مذهب را کنار بگذاریم اسمش را بگذاریم خرافات
نمی دانم عقب افتادگی یا هرچیز دیگری
انسان بی مذهب احساس پوچی خواهد کرد شاید بگویید پس این اتیست ها همه احساس پوچی میکنند یکی مثل سارتر نیتشه یا سیمون دوبوار احساس پوچی مکنید ؟
باید بگویم بله اگر در اعماق انها بنگری چنین احساسی را هر روز می چشند لمس میکنند
تنها چیزی که به انها امید می دهد
فقط و فقط ان اخرین میخی است که مثل انهایی که به بازگشت مسیح و ظهور امام دوازدهم مهدی انتظار می کشند که یکی ان میخ را در تابوت مذهب بزند و برای همیشه مذهب را به گورستان تاریخ بسپارد
اگر مذهبیان هزاران سال انتظار مسیحا و مهدی موعود را کشیده اند اتئیست ها دها هزار سال به انتظار میخ موعودشان باید انتظار بکشند و یا میخ ادرکنی سر بدهدن
این تنها امیدی است که اتئیست هارا تا حدی سرگرم میگند و گاهگاهی باد فتق را به قبقب می اندازند
و ان پوچی که در اعماقشان رخنه کرده را فراموش میکنند

بله جانم

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
feyenoord jan, you missed the point of the Ricky Gervais tweet. The point is not that sending someone to drop from record height is important per se, but rather the symbolism. Yes, sure like many people I was unimpressed by the jump but I was far less impressed by the people who shot a girl in the head for wanting to go to school. These people do it in the name of Islam, people who oppose science and its advances. So no matter whether you think the jump was useful for humanity or not and whether it will lead to future advances or not is not the issue. I hope I am clear on this.

And as I explained, religion and science absolutely should be compared. The more knowledgeable we become about the universe (again, I am not talking about the jump here) the more we wake up and reject the bullshit that we are fed by religion.

Religion has one strong weapon. That is, whatever they don't understand they attribute to god and his prophets and what not. Take that away from them, they have very little with which to fool the masses. Gallileo is an example. There were others and there will be more in the future.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
mozakhrafateto dobareh bekhoon bebin chi neveshti.

jeloye khar bezari baaz mireh hava ba mamad peyghambar mishe miyaad payeen. mo ood yani chi? entezaar eesaa va mehdi yani chi akhe adam e hesabi khejalat bekesh ?
haalaa een chert o pert haro migi injaa mikhandim vali intori ke minevisi bazi haa background e olagh boodaneshoon (yani mazhabi boodan) ziaade fekr mikonan ke to vaghan een arajif va mohmalaaat ro baavar dari.

aziz jaan baes e khejalat ke kasi be agahi e shoma een cherto pert haro beneviseh

Last edited:
May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
feyenoord jan, you missed the point of the Ricky Gervais tweet. The point is not that sending someone to drop from record height is important per se, but rather the symbolism. Yes, sure like many people I was unimpressed by the jump but I was far less impressed by the people who shot a girl in the head for wanting to go to school. These people do it in the name of Islam, people who oppose science and its advances. So no matter whether you think the jump was useful for humanity or not and whether it will lead to future advances or not is not the issue. I hope I am clear on this.

And as I explained, religion and science absolutely should be compared. The more knowledgeable we become about the universe (again, I am not talking about the jump here) the more we wake up and reject the bullshit that we are fed by religion.

Religion has one strong weapon. That is, whatever they don't understand they attribute to god and his prophets and what not. Take that away from them, they have very little with which to fool the masses. Gallileo is an example. There were others and there will be more in the future.
people of religion, not religion, meaning people who run religion, have a strong weapon and that is OLAGH BOODAN E mardom.
there are many examples in this forum