To those who post in FARSI:

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
1. Make sure you have enabled the ADVANCED WYSIWYG EDITOR by going to User CP - Edit Options.

2. When pasting articles from Iranian papers or other websites, please make sure you do the following:

- After pasting the article right-click on any word and click on "SELECT ALL"(or press Ctrl-A)

- Right Align the text by clicking on the Align Right button in the Editor menu(just like Microsoft Word). Farsi is a RIGHT-to-LEFT writing, so use this option when you can to make sure the text is displayed correctly and neatly.

- Make sure all the text is still selected. Choose a bigger size than 2 by clicking on the drop-down size menu in the editor menu. Any Farsi text you paste here loses its original attributes hence displayed very small and unreadable. Adjust the size accordingly if you want others to pay attention to your post. Little characters tend to make the reader lose interest fast.

3. When typing Farsi, make sure your text is right-aligned and sized correctly.

There will be a FARSI MENU added to the advanced editor(I'm writing it myself) to enhance the capabilities of the forum when it comes to RIGHT-to-LEFT writing.

Thank you,

Soroush

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Thanks BT. I often post Farsi articles and am sure your advise will come handy.
I second abe-hozi in "daste shoma dard nakone" for new editor!