Tom Brady out of New England

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Iran-Esteghlal Inter- We kind of were anticipating Brady leaving New England. BTW he is the only player from U of M I like.
I always pictured Brady retiring in Pats uniform but this is the nature of the busienss.
Brady was asking for too much $30,000,000 a year x 2 $60,000,000 minimum 2 year contract, for a QB who is over 40.
Remember, only one other QB played over 40, George Blanda and he switched to Kicker.
Brady will still be slinging the rock all over the field, it just won't be in a Pats uniform. He still has a few good years left in the gas tank.
It's a business, the Raiders had to give up my favorite defensive player Khalil Mack to the bears, they couldn't match their $115,000,000 K and Amari Cooper to Dallas.
Every Free Agency, players will get shifted around and one super star, will be on another team. This year it's Brady, we just don't know what team.
The man won 6 rings and went to 9 Super Bowls, he replaced Joe Montana, as the GOAT, most clutch QB.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@ChaharMahal and @Iran-Esteghlal-Inter
there are two camps and schools of thought and this is coming from my friends who play in the league
Camp 1- Brady is a system Quarterback, Belichick is the reason why the Pats are successful. There is one valid argument to this
when Brady went out for the year, Matt Castle went 11-5 and never had a good season after he left.
Camp 2-The camp I am in, even as a Raider fan- Belichick is the LUCKIEST coach in the NFL
to have the G.O.A.T for the last two decades.
Now I am shifting a bit and saying just like in science and math, there is more than one variable.
They had good ownership with Robert Kraft and from 2000-2008 an unknown man behind the scenes Scott Pioli 2000-2008 Asst. Director of Player Personnel, Director of Player Personnel, VP of Player Personnel, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.
If Brady signs with Tampa Bay it will be a total 180 culture shock from that culture of discipline to anything goes culture.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Obviously both guys were tremendous.

but if i had to pick a guy it would be Belichick. HE won 11 games with Matt castle.
And I have some friends in the NFL whom you know but I shall protect their identity and the same way.
As someone who has a background in debate and some college football exp-Not Alabama but still college football,
I can give my take. I think it is what I mentioned Scott Pioli started this empire because he had a good eye for talent.
He was the assistant director of player personnel from 2000-2008 so he's the dude who develops you.
They had a great owner in Kraft and well-Belichick is the de-facto GM.
I think honestly-One couldn't have success with the other but I want to see what Belichick does with a new QB.
I want to see what Brady can do with a new team and we can revisit this debate in two years. If Brady wins a SB
or like Montana, takes KC to the Championship game, then it's Brady-if Belichick goes nowhere.
IF Belichick wins a Super Bowl and Brady goes nowhere, then we know it's him.
As a guy with a football background you need a good organization from top to bottom, starting with ownership.
When Kraft took over in 93, things changed, first QB he drafted was Bledsoe and that worked out well, nobody
talks about him in the discussion but he's the man who writes Brady and Belichicks pay check,
more than one variable. and they are all responsible but mostly it takes two to tango. Now if both are the same
say they are both mediocre without each other, then it becomes tough to debate.
I mentioned Matt Castle so people could see both sides of the argumet
So debate to be continued.....

Last edited: