Travelling to Iran in this period

Nov 29, 2002
Hi all, some advice please.

Is there anyone who has just travelled or is planning to travel to Iran over the next 2 weeks? I had booked flights to go to Iran for the anniversary of a family loss, just for 4-5 days.

I was born/raised/live in the west and have never had any problems entering or leaving iran before but things seem potentially volatile at the moment and I'm wondering whether it is worth cancelling my flights?

Thanks

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
General advice, don't go. Specially for the reason you mentioned. My respect to the person you lost and are willing to attend the anniversary but really that is not a reason to make you go. There is no logic at any time in that place. They can and have stopped people for k.. khar reasons in calmer times, let alone now. Unless it is an urgent matter I do not recommend anyone to go there now.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

Is there anyone who has just travelled or is planning to travel to Iran over the next 2 weeks? I had booked flights to go to Iran for the anniversary of a family loss, just for 4-5 days.

I was born/raised/live in the west and have never had any problems entering or leaving iran before but things seem potentially volatile at the moment and I'm wondering whether it is worth cancelling my flights?

Thanks
you can always be an unlucky one who gets caught by some over zealous "officer" but in general there should no problem for you.
I went there couple of times during 1388 and Montazeri's death and did not have any issues.

It is not really to the Government's interest to disrupt the flow of visitors to their families.

Nov 29, 2002
General advice, don't go. Specially for the reason you mentioned. My respect to the person you lost and are willing to attend the anniversary but really that is not a reason to make you go. There is no logic at any time in that place. They can and have stopped people for k.. khar reasons in calmer times, let alone now. Unless it is an urgent matter I do not recommend anyone to go there now.
Thanks for advice agha

Nov 29, 2002
I went there couple of times during 1388 and Montazeri's death and did not have any issues.

It is not really to the Government's interest to disrupt the flow of visitors to their families.
You may be right agha. I instinctively feel that this protest is much more "hot" than other ones, the only difference is that Tehran itself is comparatively less involved when we compare with 2009. But I can't remember seeing many videos of large photos of khamenei burning, marg bar dictator etc....

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Moosh jan don't go. IR will start arresting a few dual citizens to see if they are coming for the uprising. You may very well be one of them.

Last edited:
May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
negaraan nabash travel kon the airports are open.

enjoy your time there.

if you pass by an emaam zadeh and no one is looking az ghole man berin toosh. (make sure you eat a lot of aloo and hooboobat before ke ham chin begoozi ke goosh emaam o peyghambar kar she)

Oct 18, 2010
i just came back from iran yesterday.
tehran is as safe as houses,at least the uptown part which I
stayed most of the time.i did not see any demos myself but
heard they had some student demos last week at tehran university.
we also went up north for a couple of days but it was before the
recent protests.
as far as the rioting goes people blame it on the monafekhs,bahais
and illegal afghans and arabs that are getting paid by the saudis.
i can not verify it but that's what i heard.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
I'd stay just to be cautious stay away. Right now, damn things are blaming it on foreign countries and when that happens they focus on dual nationals to arrest/blame it on them!
Send flowers this year, and next year, hopefully we all will go with you to the free country, to pay tribute to your lost one too. :)

Thanks
I ain't no chicken but I'd wait a bit longer. Going to Iran is like a Russian roulette these days, you can get yanked but someone at the airport and then etc .... unless your presence is a must

Nov 29, 2002
Thanks guys, I cancelled my flights. I'm not going to Iran to watch entertainment but for the anniversary of loved one's passing away, and I know that they wouldn't want me to come in the current situation.

May 21, 2003
i just came back from iran yesterday.
tehran is as safe as houses,at least the uptown part which I
stayed most of the time.i did not see any demos myself but
heard they had some student demos last week at tehran university.
we also went up north for a couple of days but it was before the
recent protests.
as far as the rioting goes people blame it on the monafekhs,bahais
and illegal afghans and arabs that are getting paid by the saudis.
i can not verify it but that's what i heard.
i wish you had stayed.

May 21, 2003
i forgot to mention that while i was in tehran the biggest concern was
getting tickets to see the musical version of oliver twist in persian.
it's been playing for a couple weeks and it's all sold out.people will
do anything to get tickets to that show.

http://www.irannamayesh.com/theater/6628/تئاتر موزیکال الیور توئیست
wow sounds utopic.
why would you leave that lovely place to live in country ruled by trump.
are you an idiot or what ?

i forgot to mention that while i was in tehran the biggest concern was
getting tickets to see the musical version of oliver twist in persian.
it's been playing for a couple weeks and it's all sold out.people will
do anything to get tickets to that show.

http://www.irannamayesh.com/theater/6628/تئاتر موزیکال الیور توئیست
Maybe you saw it that way and if so then there is nothing wrong with it. Billions spent on producing garbage TV programs will push the people to see a good quality showpiece and this is a good thing. Ppl are still alive