Trump WAS the president

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
For those in Canada that say you are lucky to live there instead of the US can you explain why so many Iranians move from Canada to US and not the other way around? In all my 33 years of living here I only met one Iranian who moved to Canada and that was because he left his wife to be with his high school sweetheart. On the other hand met so many that moved here from Canada.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
For those in Canada that say you are lucky to live there instead of the US can you explain why so many Iranians move from Canada to US and not the other way around? In all my 33 years of living here I only met one Iranian who moved to Canada and that was because he left his wife to be with his high school sweetheart. On the other hand met so many that moved here from Canada.
Usually economics and climate play a major role. For most IT professionals, doctors and some other professions, there are enough lucrative opportunities in good climate states like California that many people can't resist it. The pay is often better for those professions and the cost of living can be (not always) cheaper in many parts of the US compared to a super expensive city like Toronto or Vancouver.

When people say Canada is a better to live in, it mostly refers to the milder political tension and the lack of blatant poverty. Not that the tension, racial divide or poverty in the US is meaningfully high, but it's more visible because that's all the mainstream media talks about. They don't cover the incredibly successful story of 300 Million people living in relative harmony in the most prosperous country on earth served by the most powerful military.

If you poured 300 million people in Canada, the Canadian political system and economy would collapse within 3 days. But most people are too stupid to understand that.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I think the implication is that Canada is the country that has slightly better "social safety net" than the U.S but it
does not push the full social democracy aspect that countries like Denmark or Norway push.

It emulates certain European values like not tying your basic health care coverage to your employment.

on the other hand Canada has major advantages that epicureans don't have.

Neighbors the largest economy by Nominal GDP.
It is a vast country, so you are not confined to a small house like you would in UK or Denmark...

Up until recently when Automation was not a big factor, Canada needed the immigrants where in European countries immigrants where seen as burden.

if you have the ability to be in top 1% Making 400kish being the U.S is easily the better place.

One major give away for unsuitability of the U.S System (as it is currently) every year our homeless population expands.
Why is that?
Does it have to do with Mental issues?
Is It because of the fast pace of the system?

All I know when I moved to Texas some 20 and years ago. you only saw a handful of homeless by the university.

Now a days in every major city you will see homeless folks on 50% of the intersections through out the Urban sprawl.

In my mind there has to be something wrong with the system when we have such rapid expansion of the homeless.

pay day lenders:
Since 15 years ago they have popped up like mushrooms.
One can argue hey, they were always around. They were just not legal.

It seems like me the U.S System has to be moderated if political stability of the country is to be preserved.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Honestly, the more time passes, I feel so lucky to be living in Canada, that is all I can say.
Indeed, spot on chum..... you're absolutely right!
Still remember days after Trump took over back in Jan. 2017.
A load of Canadian folks invaded social media asking around how to apply for asylum and try coming to the "Land of Free" the US of A, because they were sick and tired having a commie leader destroyning their beloved county.
The aftermath taste of "a posteriori" is always so cleaver and a bit of enfranchisement.
However, everytime I hear "Canada", I recall Will "ESPN-Ron Burgundy" Ferrell going live "Hello America, Mexico, and remote parts of Canada!” haha

South Park going wild on Canadian Immigrants

Last edited:

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
One major give away for unsuitability of the U.S System (as it is currently) every year our homeless population expands.
Why is that?
Does it have to do with Mental issues?
Is It because of the fast pace of the system?

All I know when I moved to Texas some 20 and years ago. you only saw a handful of homeless by the university.

Now a days in every major city you will see homeless folks on 50% of the intersections through out the Urban sprawl.

In my mind there has to be something wrong with the system when we have such rapid expansion of the homeless.

pay day lenders:
Since 15 years ago they have popped up like mushrooms.
One can argue hey, they were always around. They were just not legal.

It seems like me the U.S System has to be moderated if political stability of the country is to be preserved.
You could replace the word "US" with "Canada" or "Australia" or "UK" or "Ireland" or "Italy" or "Sweden" or "Germany" and all those sentences would still hold true.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
People keep whinging and moaning about America and yet everyone still wants to live there. Tells you a lot.

People vote with their feet, not their big gobs.
I don't know why talking about shortcomings of USA is considered as whining ...
The reason that USA and western world is considered better is freedom of thought and speech which allow the citizens to criticize the system.
The system has to listen to its citizen and correct itself (unlike our own home country).
something like this:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/07/us/minneapolis-police-abolish.html

What is wrong with that ?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The reason that USA and western world is considered better is freedom of thought and speech which allow the citizens to criticize the system.
The system has to listen to its citizen and correct itself (unlike our own home country).
something like this:

Exactly. So if takes to social media to lobby city government to build side walks on your streets that's whining?

the reality is those who are more fortunate always find a way to focus the limelight on issues that concerns them.

It takes a long time for the moment to build up and address bigger issues that are more systemic, tea party, occupy wallstreet, me too, racial injustice, class issues.

This is not to say every movement does not have its excesses.
It is also not to say many of these movements get co-opted by professional political operatives.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
You could replace the word "US" with "Canada" or "Australia" or "UK" or "Ireland" or "Italy" or "Sweden" or "Germany" and all those sentences would still hold true.
I am not expert on those countries. I have traveled through some of them recently. I did not see the level of homeless-ness i see in the U.S over there. That is not to say it does not exist. I might have been in areas of the cities that it was less prevalent.
It is also harder to be homeless in places where it is so cold for so much of the year.

not withstanding country vs country stat, it is still true that homelessness has been on the rise in many of the mentioned countries.

GDP in U.S has increased by 200% since 1990. yet the visible aspects of poverty (homelessness) has increased.
one can argue absolute poverty has decreased due to policies like Food Stamps.

But it does appear some kind of public policy reform is need to counter the homelessness phenomenon.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
something like this:

I am not talking about "shortcomings". Of course there is a lot wrong with America. There are lots of shortcomings.

I am talking about pure hatred that is very often beyond reason.

As humans living in a modern world I believe we owe a lot to America. I am not talking about Hollywood or chewing gum stuck to the floor!

I am talking about inventors, scientists and the nearly 400 Nobel prize winners who have contributed to all our lives being what it is today, as we enjoy the benefits everyday without even thinking about it.

The very capitalist system that some people love to hate has facilitated the things we enjoy and take for granted.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
What a pile of garbage. What a racist cunt

I've got news girl. "YOU" are not the slaves of 400 years ago. You were born into an equal society where blacks are given preferential treatment in many situations. Fuck you and your "WE", "WE", "WE" speech. You're not "WE". You're just a fucking pathetic talkative moron. No one has taken anything from your pathetic ass. People a lot poorer and less privileged than you and your 'homies' have come to this country and made it. Get the fuck out of here with that self-victimization nonsense.

The people praising such speeches and promoting such nonsense are absolutely at fault for the divide that has brewed beyond control.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
What a pile of garbage. What a racist cunt

I've got news girl. "YOU" are not the slaves of 400 years ago. You were born into an equal society where blacks are given preferential treatment in many situations. Fuck you and your "WE", "WE", "WE" speech. You're not "WE". You're just a fucking pathetic talkative moron. No one has taken anything from your pathetic ass. People a lot poorer and less privileged than you and your 'homies' have come to this country and made it. Get the fuck out of here with that self-victimization nonsense.

The people praising such speeches and promoting such nonsense are absolutely at fault for the divide that has brewed beyond control.
It is funny when you read the white American comments for this post versus yours.

powerful.. and a perspective i especially needed to hear (yes, i am a white, 66 year old female).. this is an explanation that helps me understand so much more... for the life of me, i have no recollection of ever being taught anything about the history of the tulsa and rosewood race massacres (grew up in south texas)... i will admit to being bored through most of my history classes in school, but i honestly think something like this would've grabbed my attention.. so i have to think it wasn't ever taught... i shared this on facebook... i needed this... thanks to Kimberly Jones for her emotional testimony and lesson.... i am wiser today... mortified, humbled, and much, much wiser.

As a white man after seeing this I just want to say: I am so sorry.

I put few posts and actual numbers for the wealth in black vs white community and if you are that ignorant then I don't know what to say. The only thing you say is that I made I made I made it and given fuck about the rest.
If you consider yourself part of this community, then you goal has to make life great for everyone. That includes black people and they shouldn't be judged based on the color of their skin.
If you don't believe in that, then you are a red neck Iranian American wanna be, and one day move to Alabama to see how they treat you then you know America is not only Santa Monica neighborhood.

Last edited: