Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
U.S. Broadens Sanctions Against Hezbollah, ‘Iran’s Primary Proxy’

[FONT=&amp]By Saleha Mohsin
2 February 2018, 10:30 GMT-5

[/FONT]

• Official says Iran gives Hezbollah $700 million a year
  • Treasury announces sanctions on six people, seven entities
The U.S. Treasury broadened sanctions on Friday targeting Hezbollah’s financial network in the Middle East and Africa in a bid to crack down on revenue streams the U.S. says the group uses to fund terrorist activities.

Hezbollah, which the U.S. says has financed terrorism in Syria and Yemen, depends on its ally Iran for more than $700 million a year, said an administration official who spoke on condition of anonymity. Treasury levied sanctions against six individuals and seven entities the U.S. says are tied to the group, according to a statement released Friday.

Treasury has targeted Hezbollah and its financial backers for years. The move is tied to President Donald Trump’s position on Iran -- the administration has moved to ratchet up pressure on the Islamic Republic’s nuclear program without abrogating the accord with the U.S. and five other world powers.

“Hezbollah is a terrorist organization responsible for the death of hundreds of Americans. It is also Iran’s primary proxy used to undermine legitimate Arab governments across the Middle East,” Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in a statement. “The administration is determined to expose and disrupt Hezbollah’s networks, including those across the Middle East and West Africa, used to fund their illicit operations.”

In Lebanon, where Hezbollah plays a key role in Prime Minister Saad Hariri’s government, the U.S. is trying to target the group’s finances without destabilizing the Middle East nation’s banking sector. It also wants to avoid alienating Lebanon’s Shia Muslim community, according to the U.S. official.
Trump has focused his criticism of Iran on the nation’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and the regime’s testing of ballistic missiles, as well as human rights abuses and the country’s role in supporting Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad. Trump has also warned that he’ll abandon the nuclear deal if more progress isn’t made to stop what he considers Iran’s malign activities.
The Justice Department said Jan. 11 that it would establish a “financing and narcoterrorism” team to target Hezbollah, which the U.S. considers a terrorist organization. The administration vocally supported street protests last month by Iranians against economic mismanagement and the political system, which led to at least 20 deaths and about 1,000 arrests.

Source:https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ctions-against-iran-s-primary-proxy-hezbollah

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Trump is one ne of the most transparent Presidents we ever had. Obama was the opposite of Trump in that regard, he held his cards close to his chest and it was hard to get a read on him. You can read Trump like a book. This is the only way you are going to put pressure on the achunds otherwise, they are going to continue to do whatever the hell they want. The sanctions are working it is biting the Mullhas right in the toochus, I'll even throw a little yiddish in there to piss them off. I know some people will not like this post but I say what is on my mind not what is popular. Keep them coming this is working and sanctions are the only way to go. One thing about Trump is yes he is transparent and a redneck however, there are things about him that are very genuine.

I listened to the SOTU speech and he meant it when he said, "We stand with the good people of Iran." When I was in the Navy, Obama let the Green Revolution die because he wanted his Muslim buddies to remain in power. Honestly I know Trump has his problems but Obama, and GWB were the two WORST American Presidents we ever had, Comrade Obamaski reedeh. . All of these promises he made to black people and Americans, he was in power for eight years and only his family improved. He caused racial division in my country, now blacks and whites are practically in a race war, he's pro Black Lies Matter etc. Now back to Iran and Trump. Continue to put sanctions that is the only way the Mullahs are going to feel the pressure. The dems like to either pick a commie like Comrade Sanders or a crook like Hillary Clinton who is apart of the Clinton Mafia Crime Syndicate.

Last edited:
May 9, 2004
این بلانسبت خارکسته امریکا صدها ملیارد خرج تروریستهای داعشی و القاعده دها جنگ و حمله به کشورهای
شرقو غرب در دنیا میکنه کسی نگفت چرا
حالا حزب الله که از کشورش در مقابل اسرائیل دفاع میکنه شد تروریست وایرن شد کمک کننده به تروریست ؟
همین عربستان وکویت و قطر که زیر تخم امریکا هستند اشکارا توی تلویزیونهایشان از مردم کمک مالی طلب میکردند که به جبهه النصره
که فرعی از القاعده هست کمک کنند
توی همین کویت برخی از اعضای پارلمان رفتند و توی سوریه در جبهه عکس میگرفتند و توی روزنامه هایشان می انداختند
چند نفر از داعش که در سوریه کشته شدو کویتی بودن براشون اینجا مجالس عزای بزرگ برپا شد
امدند و گفتند کمک کنید می خواهیم ده هزار مجاهد برای جنگ با سوریه بفرستیم
و دها نفر رفتند به داعش و النصره ملحق شدند که بسیاری هم کشته شدند
بعد که دیدند بشار اسد دارد پیروز میشود خاموش شندند
اینها همه زیر نظر امریکا بود امریکایی که 15 هزار سرباز در کویت دارد و در بحرین و امارات وقطر هم همینطور
اشکارا داعش را در عراق وسوریه حمایت میکرندن
دوازده هزار جیپ تویوتا را با پول قطرو عربستان از ترکیه به داعش هدیه کردند که گندش در امد
نفت عراق و سوریه را دزدیدند و به ترکیه و از ترکیه به اسرائیل مفت فروختند
انوقت ایران و حزب الله را متهم به حمایت از تروریست میکنند
ایران هر بلانسبت گهی که باشد صد مرتبه شرف دارد به امریکایی و عربستان و بقیه اینها که منطقه را به خاک و خون کشیدند
حزب الله کجا عملیات تروریستی انجام داده ؟
حالا بیا ببین امریکا از کی حمایت میکنند از القاعده گرفته تا سازمان مجاهدین خلقو تجزیه عرب طلبان اهواز

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^Timsar jan, if you give me a brief translation, I would gladly replay to you. I just want to say your English is good, I can understand you when you post. I think if you post more in English, you will be able to have more people respond.

Last edited:
May 9, 2004
^^Timsar jan, if you give me a brief translation, I would gladly replay to you. I just want to say your English is good, I can understand you when you post. I think if you post more in English, you will be able to have more people respond.
TM jan
This is brief translation of what i said
USA is the biggest terrorist on earth
They help both AL QAEDA and ISIS in syria and their puppies like Saudi arabia qatar sent milliards of dollar to
help terrorist like ISIS under the eyes of us
Countries like saudi arabia daily killing civilians in yemen most of them childrens
No one talk about it ( i think you dont know about it too )
But when hezbulla defending their country against isreal us call them terrorist