UN inspectors barred from Iran site

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
The UN nuclear watchdog says Iran has stopped a team of inspectors from visiting a key military site.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says no deal was reached on inspecting the Parchin site, south of Tehran, despite "intensive efforts". The inspectors had sought to clarify the "possible military dimensions" of Iran's nuclear programme.

Iran says its programme is for peaceful purposes, but the West suspects it is geared towards making weapons.

The IAEA says its team is returning from Iran without a deal after two days of talks. The first round of discussions in January also failed to produce a result. "It is disappointing that Iran did not accept our request to visit Parchin," IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano said in a statement.

It is suspected that Parchin was the site were explosives testing related to a nuclear weapon took place in recent years.

Tehran has made no public comments of the latest comments by the Vienna-based IAEA.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
The UN nuclear watchdog says Iran has stopped a team of inspectors from visiting a key military site.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says no deal was reached on inspecting the Parchin site, south of Tehran, despite "intensive efforts". The inspectors had sought to clarify the "possible military dimensions" of Iran's nuclear programme.

Iran says its programme is for peaceful purposes, but the West suspects it is geared towards making weapons.

The IAEA says its team is returning from Iran without a deal after two days of talks. The first round of discussions in January also failed to produce a result. "It is disappointing that Iran did not accept our request to visit Parchin," IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano said in a statement.

It is suspected that Parchin was the site were explosives testing related to a nuclear weapon took place in recent years.

Tehran has made no public comments of the latest comments by the Vienna-based IAEA.
This piece could have been lifted from a 2002 newspaper and you would never know it.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
They know that the inspectors are going to detect radiations at the military facility. IR would have no answer to why radiations are detected at a military facility. Now, IR keeps saying that there is no evidence, but they bar the inspectors from collecting evidence. They are just lying through their teeth. There won't be a good ending to this.

Oct 18, 2010
according to npt iran is only obligated to give iaea inspectors access to declared nuclear sites.parchin is not a declared nuclear site so iran is within it's rights under npt not to allow iaea inspectors to visit it.when i was in college i had a speech class in which i had to do a debate about a particular subject.i chose iran's nuclear program as this was a hot topic in 2003/2004 time frame.so i ended up doing a lot of research on this issue.if i remember correctly in 2003 iran did sign the additional protocols of npt while negotiating with eu.under these protocols iran was supposed to give access to any site iaea wanted to visit.so parchin was visited by iaea in 2004 if I am not mistaken.iran also stopped enrichment for close to 2 years in that time period.but then iaea did not close iran's dossier and iranian parliament refused to ratify the additional protocols.since then iran is only abiding by npt and not the additional protocols and iran restarted enrichment and so on.frankly iran is better off exiting npt and joining india,isreal,pakistan and north korea in the outlaw club since they don't seem to be getting harassed as much iran even though they have not signed npt and have developed nuclear weapons.with the sever and unprecedented sanctions currently being imposed on iran i think iran will be exiting npt soon because there are no more sanctions left to be imposed on them as a penalty.the west has shot it's wad and there is nothing left on the table other than military option which they are very reluctant to undertake.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
according to npt iran is only obligated to give iaea inspectors access to declared nuclear sites.parchin is not a declared nuclear site so iran is within it's rights under npt not to allow iaea inspectors to visit it.when i was in college i had a speech class in which i had to do a debate about a particular subject.i chose iran's nuclear program as this was a hot topic in 2003/2004 time frame.so i ended up doing a lot of research on this issue.if i remember correctly in 2003 iran did sign the additional protocols of npt while negotiating with eu.under these protocols iran was supposed to give access to any site iaea wanted to visit.so parchin was visited by iaea in 2004 if I am not mistaken.iran also stopped enrichment for close to 2 years in that time period.but then iaea did not close iran's dossier and iranian parliament refused to ratify the additional protocols.since then iran is only abiding by npt and not the additional protocols and iran restarted enrichment and so on.frankly iran is better off exiting npt and joining india,isreal,pakistan and north korea in the outlaw club since they don't seem to be getting harassed as much iran even though they have not signed npt and have developed nuclear weapons.with the sever and unprecedented sanctions currently being imposed on iran i think iran will be exiting npt soon because there are no more sanctions left to be imposed on them as a penalty.the west has shot it's wad and there is nothing left on the table other than military option which they are very reluctant to undertake.
Under NPT, they are not supposed to have undeclared sites either. There is good evidence that Parchin was a site where nuclear activities occurred. The beef with IR is that it has undeclared activities. What you say goes against the main issue, which is IR is not in compliance with NPT, and the only way for the inspectors confirm one way or another is to check out sites that inspectors have reasons to believe is or was an undeclared site. IR has an obligation to show that it has no undeclared sites.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
No soveriegn country would allow their military sites to be inspected and Iran is no exception .
This has nothing to do with the islamic republic regime ,it is about national security .
Iran and the west have to find a way to compromise , war is in the interest of no one .

If there is a will there is a way , the will for peace and stability and reducing tention is in the interest of all ,hope the rulers of Iran learn a thing or two from our northern neighbours Turkey and their foriegn policy .

Iran and Israel traditionally have no hate between them and are infact natural allies in the middle east .

Last edited:
May 9, 2004
به نظر من ایران باید بمب اتمی بسازد
چرا که نه ؟
چرا امریکا و هند و پاکستان و روسیه و فرانسه انگلیس و اسرائیل کره شمالی و غیره داشته باشند ما نداشته باشیم!!!!ا
این عرب های دور وبر ما اگر بمب اتم داشتیم الان جرات نمی کردند اسم خلیج فارس را عربی بگذارند و حتی امارات برای ما قلدری کند
اینها تنها یک زبان را می فهمند و ان زمان زور و قدرت است
اسرائیل در این شصت سال چپ و راست از اینها کشت و زمین گرفت
اخر کار همه اینها اشکارا یا مخفیانه رفتند و دست سران اسرائیل را بوسیدند
اخرین باری که ایران به کشوری حمله کرد زمان نادر شاه بود هیچ وقت ما متجاوز نبودیم مردم وحشی نبودیم
الان زور و قدرت حرف اول را می زند حتی از اقتصاد که باز نوعی قدرت است فرا تر است
من امیدورام این رژیم از بین برود ولی رژیمی که روی کار می اید بمب اتمی به ارث برده باشد
باز خدا را شکر چند تا موشک داریم که این سران عرب را سر جابیشان بنشاند والا بعد از رفتن شاه و پشتیبانی امریکا از ما این اعراب چشم داشتند که خوزستان را از ایران جدا کنند
و جزایر سه گانه را از ما بگیرند

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
به نظر من ایران باید بمب اتمی بسازد
چرا که نه ؟
چرا امریکا و هند و پاکستان و روسیه و فرانسه انگلیس و اسرائیل کره شمالی و غیره داشته باشند ما نداشته باشیم!!!!ا
این عرب های دور وبر ما اگر بمب اتم داشتیم الان جرات نمی کردند اسم خلیج فارس را عربی بگذارند و حتی امارات برای ما قلدری کند
اینها تنها یک زبان را می فهمند و ان زمان زور و قدرت است
So, you are threatening to drop an atomic bomb on "your Muslim brothers" for changing the name of a body of water. Now you wonder why Akhoonds should not have the bomb.

Oct 18, 2010
Looks like you are still of the opinion that their nuclear program is for keeping the lights on.
i don't know what the intention of iranian leaders are in this regard.but i can tell you that if i lived in iran i would surely expect that the iranian government work towards a deterrent against possible aggression by isreal or nato.that is only prudent thing to do after what has happened in the region in the last 20 years.

May 9, 2004
So, you are threatening to drop an atomic bomb on "your Muslim brothers" for changing the name of a body of water. Now you wonder why Akhoonds should not have the bomb.
بر عکس
اگر ایران بمب اتم داشته باشه نه کسی باهاش کار داره نه ایران به کسی حمله خواهد کرد
اگر ایران بمب اتم داشت صدام نیم ملیون از هموطنان ما را نمی کشت
اگر اسرائیل بمب اتم نداشت الان ده بار جنگ بین اعراب و اسرائیل رخ داده بود ودر این جنگ ها چند ملیون کشته شده بودند
اگر بمب اتم نبود الان منتظر جنگ چهانی هفتم بودیم
و روسیه و امریکا اروپا را صحنه درگیری های جنگ های جهانی سه و چهار و چین و امریکا خاور دور را صحنه جنگ های پنج و شش جهانی کرده بودند
و هند و پاکستان الان بر سر کشمیر دو سه سال بود که می جنگیدند و صدها هزار نفر از دو طرف کشته شده بودند
بجز در جنگ جهانی دوم ان هم چون جنگ پایان گرفته بود و ژاپن تسلیم نمی شد امریکا بمب اتم استفاده کرد
دیگر کجا بمب اتم استفاده شده که شما فکر میکنید اگر ایران بمب اتم داشته باشد به این و ان می زند ؟
به نظر من بمب اتم یک نعمت بوده
همین بمب اتم بوده که اروپا چنین با ارمش پیشرفت کرد و همین بمب اتم بوده که صلح جهانی هفتاد سال استوار مانده
ایران هم بمب اتم داشته باشد
دیگر دغدغه جنگی در منظقه وجود نخواهد داشت
به جای اینکه اعراب ما را روافض مشرک واتش پرست خطاب کنند می شویم برادارن مسلمان و دوستان همیشگی اعراب و منطقه
همه وسایل ما از گیوه و میوه و نوره تا موشک فضا پیما ایران را می خرند تا رضایت ایران را جلب کنند
شما نمی دانید این بمب اتم چه برکتی دارد

بله جانم

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
No soveriegn country would allow their military sites to be inspected and Iran is no exception .
This has nothing to do with the islamic republic regime ,it is about national security .
Iran and the west have to find a way to compromise , war is in the interest of no one .

If there is a will there is a way , the will for peace and stability and reducing tention is in the interest of all ,hope the rulers of Iran learn a thing or two from our northern neighbours Turkey and their foriegn policy .
s
Iran and Israel traditionally have no hate between them and are infact natural allies in the middle east .
S.E.O.A jAn,

Fordow which contains IR-2 enrichment cascades and Parchin which is among the most secretive nuclear R&D facilities are both military bases. Why would a civilian energy producing project be located inside military complex specially when both are owned and operated by IRGC?

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
i don't know what the intention of iranian leaders are in this regard.but i can tell you that if i lived in iran i would surely expect that the iranian government work towards a deterrent against possible aggression by isreal or nato
Akhunds think the same way. You are in good company.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
بر عکس
اگر ایران بمب اتم داشته باشه نه کسی باهاش کار داره نه ایران به کسی حمله خواهد کرد
اگر ایران بمب اتم داشت صدام نیم ملیون از هموطنان ما را نمی کشت

Have you been reading Reagan's speeches? He used to call the MX missile the Peacemaker. There is one flaw with your logic. Nobody wakes up in the morning worrying about France or England nuke another country. IR threatens everyone on a daily basis. To buy a gun you need to go through a background check. Akhunds having nukes is like a serial killer buying a gun.

May 9, 2004
Have you been reading Reagan's speeches? He used to call the MX missile the Peacemaker. There is one flaw with your logic. Nobody wakes up in the morning worrying about France or England nuke another country. IR threatens everyone on a daily basis. To buy a gun you need to go through a background check. Akhunds having nukes is like a serial killer buying a gun.
یعنی کسی از بمب اتمی انگلیس و فرانسه و امریکا که در طی صد سال اخیر دها ملیون نفر را قربانی کرده اند هراسی ندارد
ولی ما ایرانیان که 250 سال به هیچ کشوری تعدی نکرده ایم
و حتی وقتی صدام شهرهای ما را موشک باران میکرد از حمله به شهروندان عراقی خوداری میکردیم لولوخوره هستیم و اگر بمب اتم داشته باشیم
همه باید از ما بیم داشته باشند؟
اخوند و ملا را جلو نیانداز
تا اینطور وانمود کنی که بمب اتم در دست ایرانی یعنی فاجعه
نه جانم اینطور نیست
یادت نرود ایران اولین سالهای جنگ حتی یکبار یک شهر یا روستای عراق رابمبارن نکرد
در حالی که دزفول و هویزه را عراق باخاک یکسان کرد تعداد قربانیان غیر نظامی عراق در مقابل ایران یک بر صد بود
تو الان می خواهی اینطور وانمود کنی که ما وحشی هستیم و اسم اخوند را می اوری
از ژاپن گرفته تا ترکیه و فرانسه و امریکا را در این صد سال اخیر که نگاه کنی همشان قتل عام های ملیونی کرده اند
کجا و کی ایران چه در زمان قاجار یا پهلوی یا این رژیم قتل عام کرده ؟
اگر کسی از بمب اتم کسی باید بترسد بایستی از امریکا و اسرائیل ترسید
امریکا بخاطر اینکه دو بار انرا استفاده کرده
اسرائیل بخاطر اینکه بیش از شصت سال است یک کشور را تصرف کرده و دو میلون نفر را توی زمستان و تابستان بی برق و بی اب رها کرده

May 12, 2007
Like Flint I also fear a nucler IR.
1- I would also expect IRI blocks for an inspection inside a military base
2- I also see the other side is too provocative
=> This is just a phsycological war.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
There is nothing wrong with IRR to possess nuclear weapons along with the means for long distance delivery. But: They can either acquire nuclear weapons, or threaten to wipe other nations off the world map. They can not have both.