UN to vote on Palestinian status

Feb 22, 2005
It is about time. This will gain them little, but they have no choice with Israel right wing not wanting peace and rather comes up with any excuse so it can build settlements and grab land.

This Israeli issue of US supporting an occupier has caused so much damage for US over decades and has weakened US and others to deal with problems like Sudan.

Israel tried to meddle in US election and causing problems so Obama cannot be re-elected, and now yesterday, bunch of American Israelis living in Israel sued the Clinton and US gov for funding Palestinian Authorities.

We are giving the occupiers billions of dollars in year from our taxes. It is time we demand respect and punish the beggars that smack the hands that feeds them.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
When I saw the title I swore to everything sacred that Flint made a post. Flint if your passion for Palestine/Israel and Dem/Rep was put elsewhere ..........................

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
In practical terms this means squat, what a complete joke the United Nations is. Power is the only variable in this world that has ever mattered. In terms of effectiveness this is pretty much equivalent to somebody writing an op-ed piece about Palestine and it's right to exist.

LOL * right not write

Last edited:

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
In practical terms this means squat, what a complete joke the United Nations is. Power is the only variable in this world that has ever mattered. In terms of effectiveness this is pretty much equivalent to somebody writing an op-ed piece about Palestine and it's write to exist.
if that was true, US and Israel wouldn't have spent the last year threatening Palestine to stop their bidding.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
if that was true, US and Israel wouldn't have spent the last year threatening Palestine to stop their bidding.
nobody likes bad publicity my friend. let me ask you this and i'm not being sarcastic maybe you know something I don't. Enlighten me as to how this UN voting will change anything when it comes to the actual situation on the ground.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
nobody likes bad publicity my friend. let me ask you this and i'm not being sarcastic maybe you know something I don't. Enlighten me as to how this UN voting will change anything when it comes to the actual situation on the ground.
looking back at history and Israel's actions, Israel doesn't mind bad publicity.. they simply do what they think is right and tell the world to go fuck itself... that's the attitude.. i dont know where you got the idea of "they dont like bad publicity" from.

this is more than bad publicity for the jewish state.... Palestine becoming an observer state is an upgrade from “entity” recognized as “permanent observer.” the most important significance of it is that as an observer, Palestine will have some of the same privileges of members within the UN legal structure. for example, it will be in a much stronger position to launch protests against the war crimes and crimes against humanity practiced by Israel against the Palestinians.. in the law, “standing” is a crucial concept. Standing dictates who has a right to bring a law suit. You can’t proceed with a civil action unless the judge agrees that you have standing. Typically, you couldn’t sue on behalf of your cousin if you weren’t affected by the alleged crime . Up until now, the “entity” of the Palestine did not have the standing to bring complaints against Israel to the UN. But Palestine as a UN observer will have that kind of standing, and it could be significant.

the real reason even western europe is voting "YES" today is the high officials in Europe find the far right wing Israeli government and its Apartheid policies toward the Palestinians increasingly distasteful. that's a big win for Palestine.. they have effectively made their case to the world.

israel_palestine-map-edit-1353601538.24.jpg

Last edited:

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
looking back at history and Israel's actions, Israel doesn't mind bad publicity.. they simply do what they think is right and tell the world to go fuck itself... that's the attitude.. i dont know where you got the idea of "they dont like bad publicity" from.

this is more than bad publicity for the jewish state.... Palestine becoming an observer state is an upgrade from “entity” recognized as “permanent observer.” the most important significance of it is that as an observer, Palestine will have some of the same privileges of members within the UN legal structure. for example, it will be in a much stronger position to launch protests against the war crimes and crimes against humanity practiced by Israel against the Palestinians.. in the law, “standing” is a crucial concept. Standing dictates who has a right to bring a law suit. You can’t proceed with a civil action unless the judge agrees that you have standing. Typically, you couldn’t sue on behalf of your cousin if you weren’t affected by the alleged crime . Up until now, the “entity” of the Palestine did not have the standing to bring complaints against Israel to the UN. But Palestine as a UN observer will have that kind of standing, and it could be significant.

the real reason even western europe is voting "YES" today is the high officials in Europe find the far right wing Israeli government and its Apartheid policies toward the Palestinians increasingly distasteful. that's a big win for Palestine.. they have effectively made their case to the world.

View attachment 32435
that's what I'm saying. Palestinians and the rest of the world can protest and complain all they want but nobody is going to do anything about it.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
that's what I'm saying. Palestinians and the rest of the world can protest and complain all they want but nobody is going to do anything about it.
so why are the israel and the US blocking Palestinain efforts at the UN,(well they changed their position yesterday when they realized this is going to be inevitable.) it's because they know after this resolution, there'll be more diplomatic pressure on Israel.. and this will benefit the Palestinians when they push for a 2 state solution in future.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
so why are the israel and the US blocking Palestinain efforts at the UN,(well they changed their position yesterday when they realized this is going to be inevitable.) it's because they know after this resolution, there'll be more diplomatic pressure on Israel.. and this will benefit the Palestinians when they push for a 2 state solution in future.
Obviously they would rather not have Palestine recognized as a country but what I'm telling you is that all the diplomatic pressure in the world will not dissuade Israel. Look at your own timeline/map, does it look like the situation is improving for Palestinians? No and that is close to 70 years.

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that they resolution is going to pass? It's a good thing

Is it going to change anything? IMHO a big No

I would bet that our children will have a similar discussion on the topic in the future and the UN would still be trying to pass new resolutions.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
life will not change tomo after this vote.. that's an obvious observation. everyone is aware of that. but it's one step towards the right direction.. if there will be a solution, ppl might look back in 100 years to this day and say this vote played a role in it..

also this is an indication of an ever changing world when even the western Europe, people with such guilty conscious about the holocaust, are backing the idea of a Palestinian state.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Natural jan, this map has one very big mistake printed on it. Can you guess what it is?

Let me be clear. There was never ever a country called Palestine. Whoever drew the left side map is under some misapprehension or is deliberately trying to deceive.

The third map showing the 1967 territories, these were never actual "borders", but in fact they were armistice lines.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
There was never ever a country called Palestine.
Thank you!

In other words, the Muslim population that resided in that area prior to the Jewish influx, never bothered organizing themselves into a recognized state. This doesn't take away their right to want to live in peace, but it basically made that area a 'free for all'.

This is essentially one of the biggest issues with ancient Arabic tribal life. Saudi Arabia is another state that would get torn into pieces if the dictatorship is removed.

Arab nations all lack identity. National identity can only come from centuries of sovereignty based on territorial borders, not tribal loyalty or religious ideologies. That's why Iran has always remained a major force in the area regardless of the situation. Iranian tribes traveled this road 3000 years ago.

Feb 22, 2005
Congratulations to Palestinians. After over 6 decades of being run around, massacred, many of them in prison for fighting to kick out occupiers forced out of their homes, homes buldozered, their lands settled on, the world is having enough of Israelis occupying a land and breaking every UN law against genocide of the occupying force.