Urawa Red made it to the final... Al-Wahda - Sepahan [R]

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
It's great that we won guys, but can we stop with the racist crap everytime we beat an Arab team. I mean, don't get me wrong, I hate their teams but I won't bring the class of my people down by belittling others.
Very well said.

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
What a victory overall. What a season it is turning out to be for Iranian football. Even if they don't win in the final, they have transformed a disaster year into a great one. Congratulations to all Sepahan fans and all Iranians. Well said Kaz about the racism. It's pathetic and also obvious that some people aren't secure enough in their Iranian identity that they have to say this stuff.

Farzadoo

Bench Warmer
Oct 22, 2002
Washington DC
Sometimes some of your political correctness is just way too much. You guys saw how the ARABS were humiliating our fans in their stadium. What is wrong with reciting a poem about Isfahan and its dogs... !!!! Come on people, its just passion and people are allowed to express themselves and it has nothing to do with being secure or being a racist.

Grow up and stop being so PC all the time. Welcome to the realities of this world and this life. I DO NOT LIKE THE MAJORITY OF ARABS. My opinion, my business and not anyone else's to judge.

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
Sometimes some of your political correctness is just way too much. You guys saw how the ARABS were humiliating our fans in their stadium. What is wrong with reciting a poem about Isfahan and its dogs... !!!! Come on people, its just passion and people are allowed to express themselves and it has nothing to do with being secure or being a racist.

Grow up and stop being so PC all the time. Welcome to the realities of this world and this life. I DO NOT LIKE THE MAJORITY OF ARABS. My opinion, my business and not anyone else's to judge.
how is that stuff not racist? Political correctness is a very subjective term and it usually comes up when stuff is said that is racist. I have the right, just like you, to judge anything I want. Just as you have the right to say your opinion and I have the right to offer my opinion. I just have a problem with racism and I think it's a real shame that someone like you, who has a lot of interesting and intelligent things to say, thinks like that. I am not some Arab defender because I think it's crazy how much we give them support and in the end, many of them and their governments are arrogant and racist enough to start with renaming the Persian Gulf and accusing us of all kinds of things, not to mention the war which I remember very clearly. What we do with them is not mohabat, but khariat. However, I think it's cheap and beneath what Iranians should be about to say things like that. We're all humans and if we were so great we wouldn't be where we are today. This type of thinking only harms Iran. You, like anyone else, have the right to say whatever you want, but I just think it's a shame, as Kaz said, that after such a great victory, we lower ourselves to their level. I won't post more about this because it will go on forever.

Aug 26, 2005

I'm not going to get into a whole side discussion about this and divert the thread, but it's astounding how racist that post actually is.

Why even bring up humiliation by fans? What about wars vs Arabs? That's at least something reasonable to bring your hate to. Might as well recite a poem about black people and monkeys while you're at it.

Hey, what about: I THINK THE MAJORITY OF BLACK PEOPLE AREN'T SMART AND THAT'S MY OPINION, no one else's business.

I think if you want to be passionate, sing the praises of your team. But don't compare the race of someone else to a dog. It shouldn't even need to be said. That's all.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
I think one thing that's become more than clear is that Mohammadi is our best keeper at the moment. People cite his relative lack of experience but I think his form in the ACL, especially in difficult away matches, is ample proof that he's ready for the big time. Mirzapour was considerably less experienced than Mohammadi when he took over in 2001. With Taleblou's current slump and Roudbarian's inconsistency, I can't think of a better choice right now.