Urgent help needed: Torontonians!!

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
There is no such thing! when I was there a year ago, I asked the same thing and Anar was the answer I got. Anar was being renovated at the time so we ended up going to the second recommended restaurant (I think it was Shahrzad) was OK!

Sepahan

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2003
I have not been to Shomal for few years now, but they had excellent food. I second the Kabab torsh, but maybe they are not as good as before.

Feb 4, 2005
Quality of food in Shomal has dropped but last time I went there I had such a great company keh who cares about the food.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
As Nader and Soroush said, the quality of Shomal kebab has dropped. Kebab Torsh was fav dish there too but the qualityand taste is pretty low these days..I'd still personally recommend Anar, but it has no kebab but amazing khoreshets. Shahrzad is good too, and at this time I think shahrzad's kebab tastes better than Shomal kebab.bc of above reasons!

Nitrik

Ball Boy
Dec 21, 2007
Shomal dropped in quality when their chef left for Persian Palace, but it's still fairly competitive.
I went to Persian Palace a few weeks ago for the first time. Honestly, I found the food very average.

There was a place called Pars Grill which offered great food and portions; however, it did has a very 'kababi' decor. Though, I heard from a few friends, the food quality and portion has not been the same.