Urgent message to all members posting in sport forums

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
Dear all,

As you might have noticed, over the last week or so, the google ads on the forum have disappeared. We have investigated this, and today received a message informing us that google has suspended our account due to infringement of copyright laws on our site.

This is a copy of their message:

Hello,

During a recent review of your account we found that you are currently displaying Google ads in a manner that is not compliant with our program policies.

EXAMPLE PAGE:http://forums.iransportspress.com/showthread.php?39266-Manchester-United-Information-Thread/page87

Please note that this URL is an example and that the same violations may exist on other pages of this website or other sites in your network.

VIOLATION(S) FOUND: COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL:

As stated in our program policies, AdSense publishers are not permitted to place Google ads on sites involved in the distribution of copyrighted materials. This includes hosting copyrighted files on your site, as well as providing links for or driving traffic to sites that contain copyrighted material.

More information about this policy can be found in our help center ( http://www.google.com/adsense/support/as/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=105956 ).

ACTION TAKEN: We have disabled ad serving to your site. As such, we encourage you to become familiar with our program policies and monitor your network accordingly.
Unfortunately, google ads are our only source of income, and supplement some of the fees which we pay for hosting ISP. As such, we would not be able to run the site without contribution by google. Hence, we are asking our members to work with us, and avoid posting and distributing copyrighted materials.

We will now start the process of "cleaning" threads which include copyrighted materials, and apologise if any of your posts are edited due to this.

Many thanks
ISP Admin team

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Could you be more clear about what can and can't be posted ?

For instance, highlights of the games hosted by youtube or vimeo can be posted or not ?

Thanks

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
Could you be more clear about what can and can't be posted ?

For instance, highlights of the games hosted by youtube or vimeo can be posted or not ?

Thanks
i think only highlights posted by official channels are acceptable based on what their policy says. it sucks. but im afraid it seems like we have been reported by someone and google has acted upon this.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
This is a stupid act by Google. I've never seen anything like it.

ISP is not producing, nor hosting copyrighted material. A link is not copyrighted material. That's how torrent search engines are able to get away with it.
True. Google would have to boycott itself.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
oh shoot..thats sad..
but Ali, I checked all the videos in that thread and the videos of "ManU Reserve team game" or "Chelsea Reserve team game" which only these clubs can broadcast and show have been removed from youtube, with infringement error: [video=youtube;Xs7zTeBtw-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs7zTeBtw-0&feature=player_embedded&noredirect=1[/video]
So those videos shouldnt be posted and you need to remove it too.
There shouldnt be a problem with 101goals highlights, bc they are still available on youtube, and its not illegally taken off a particular club's videos.

thanks for telling us though..we make sure we dont post club-copyright materials, but available highlights-videos only.

In the meantime, we can also punish Mashdi for posting those illegal videos and causing ISP's Ad removal!!:D

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
This is a stupid act by Google. I've never seen anything like it.

ISP is not producing, nor hosting copyrighted material. A link is not copyrighted material. That's how torrent search engines are able to get away with it.
yeah seriously...I think half of my music collection is downloaded through googleing hulkshare and mediafire. when will they ban themselves?

I think the issue will be to only post links to 101greatgoals and don't embed youtube videos with goals...which really sucks...and most importantly, no links to websites with links of games.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
but Ali, I checked all the videos in that thread and the videos of "ManU Reserve team game" or "Chelsea Reserve team game" which only these clubs can broadcast and show have been removed from youtube, with infringement error.

So those videos shouldnt be posted and you need to remove it too.

There shouldnt be a problem with 101goals highlights, bc they are still available on youtube, and its not illegally taken off a particular club's videos.

thanks for telling us though..we make sure we dont post club-copyright materials, but available highlights-videos only.
It's not only club-copyright materials though.for example , many youtube users have had their videos removed and their accounts disabled due to EPL copyright violations by putting up highlights of EPL games capped from TV broadcasts.another example is Serie-A copyright violations which force youtube to remove highlights of Serie-A games capped from TV broadcasts.in fact some of the recent videos posted in ISP's Calcio 2012 thread have already been removed by youtube.

http://forums.iransportspress.com/showthread.php?75498-Calcio-2012/page10

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
nope, system overrides it now.

On a serious note , i'll have to halt a good number of my postings till the red lines are defined by ISP.

:)

Sure.i'm ready to die for all your sins.:)

LOL!My sins or your sins Mashdi jan?!!man chikare bidam?!!lol didi Pooya chi goft?!! now that the red line is clear, you have 2 options: Either pay ISP for the exact loss of Google Ads these days OR you can continue ur EPL threads, but with commentating/descriptions only!!lol ax-video yokhdi! hala whichever option you like more!!;)

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
LOL!My sins or your sins Mashdi jan?!!man chikare bidam?!!lol didi Pooya chi goft?!! now that the red line is clear, you have 2 options: Either pay ISP for the exact loss of Google Ads these days OR you can continue ur EPL threads, but with commentating/descriptions only!!lol ax-video yokhdi! hala whichever option you like more!!;)
Your sins too.you have posted many copyrighted material as well.here is your very recent sin just a few days ago.one of many.

EPL copyright violation