USA Visa for Iranians

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Can someone confirm whether Iranians with a passport from a VWP country need to obtain a visa to the US?

I want to take the kids to Disney this summer and we have UK passports but also been to Iran earlier this year for a visit. The information on travel.state.gov doesn't clarify whether we physically have to go to the embassy in London and fill in forms etc. Can I get a visa through ESTA? Has any one in a similar situation any experience of this?

Thanks Obama! (n)

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Can someone confirm whether Iranians with a passport from a VWP country need to obtain a visa to the US?

I want to take the kids to Disney this summer and we have UK passports but also been to Iran earlier this year for a visit. The information on travel.state.gov doesn't clarify whether we physically have to go to the embassy in London and fill in forms etc. Can I get a visa through ESTA? Has any one in a similar situation any experience of this?

Thanks Obama! (n)
As far as I know there would be no problems If you got British passports.
Ask Iranian consoolgari in Kensington London.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
When Trump was elected but before the changes my cousin who lives in England and holds British passport came to the US. After a couple of weeks she went to Canada. The change happened and when she wanted to come back they didn't let her in so she had to stay for a few more days in Canada and get a visa. So unless they changed the rules you need a visa.

Thanks Obama! (n)
Do you need Visa to come to states?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I had to get a US visa as a Swedish citizen!

Without a US visa Iranians can no longer travel to the US, irrespective of other citizenship. That includes Europeans (non-Iranians) who've been to Iran the last 5 years.

You fill in the forms in the web and send them in with your picture. In the same procedure you also have to book a time for an interview at the embassy. For the interview they required all your old passports, specially if they had American stamps on them. At the interview, they ask you couple of questions and there you go, you'll get a visa eligible for 10 years.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
Do you need Visa to come to states?
Apparently so now.
I went in 2011 and didn't need one. I just completed the ESTA form online before going.

Without a US visa Iranians can no longer travel to the US, irrespective of other citizenship. That includes Europeans (non-Iranians) who've been to Iran the last 5 years.

You fill in the forms in the web and send them in with your picture. In the same procedure you also have to book a time for an interview at the embassy. For the interview they required all your old passports, specially if they had American stamps on them. At the interview, they ask you couple of questions and there you go, you'll get a visa eligible for 10 years.

Good luck.
Thanks. In this case then forget it. I don't see the reason for this. Screw it. I will take them to Disney in Paris instead.

Good luck.
Not the Canadian citizen . I go more to US than going to my local corner store

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Thanks. In this case then forget it. I don't see the reason for this. Screw it. I will take them to Disney in Paris instead.
I totally understand you and frankly I would have done the same if I had the same circumstances as you have!

Just being in that damn embassy made you feel offended, let alone the facial expression the damn interviewer gives you (as if he's the boss) and then later upon your arrival, the woman at the US airport who looks at your passport and starts asking stupid questions in a very offending tone, before she gets to hear from her colleague that passports with visas are alright!

All this, make you feel sick to the bottom of your stomach and fully regret that you ever had the idea of setting foot in that country.

Having said that, there may be differences between British citizens and others. The best way to find out is to contact the US embassy over there or just have a look at their website. but I doubt you are different than the Swedes.

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
This lets a lot of europeans get seasonal under the table jobs in the US and some actually pay well due to europeans know-how.

Good luck.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
Apparently so now.
I went in 2011 and didn't need one. I just completed the ESTA form online before going.

best thing i heard all day.
why subject the family to the cross atlantic flight to that shit hole when you have it across the channel.

moosh1

Ball Boy
Jan 20, 2004
I remember the good old days, under the Aria Maher I had the Iranian Passport, and coursing thorough world in Europe nobody ask us any thing about visa. in San Francisco Airport i was going to cash a $500 travelers check, bank didn't have enough many. he enchanted my Rials to dollar $1 = 7 Tooman. For those of you that bad mouthing USA and west whey do you even bother to come here nobody invite you here. I personally begged for it and i fully appreciated.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
If I hadn't been to Iran in the last 5 years then I would have been ok.
I have just met a French guy (white guy called Juliene) who went to Iran two years ago on tourism and he just found out he needs a visa to go to the US. Mad.