Vaziri Caved Museum

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
Some time ago when searching for pictures of Rostam I came across a statue of him in Lavasan. So when I went to visit a friend of mine in Lavasan and realized we had some downtime before lunch, I asked him to take me there. I was under the impression that it was a solitary statue, perhaps in the middle of a park, but it turned out to bean entire museum. The museum and its exhibits were made by Mr. Vaziri and has been open for the past 10 years or so. It's location is so remote that unless was specifically going to the museum, they probably would have no business being in that area. Mr. Vaziri has made use of any and all objects to create his exhibits. Things as useless as door knobs, tin cans, the bottom of glass bottles, etc. have all been put to good use. Furthermore he has actually carved a cave in the mountain itself to make a tunnel housing more exhibits. The mouth of this cave is also carved in the form of a lion's open mouth. I could go on and on but I think it would be best to leave you with pictures so that you can see for yourself. I would definitely recommend visiting if you can. When we got there it was only 15 minutes till its noon closing but he still welcomed us in and told us to take our time seeing the place. The entrance fee was 10,000 tomans and he took the time to sit down with us and serve us tea as well. As we were leaving we noticed he was finishing another exhibit, something that looked like a peacock, and wanted to place it on top of a table. It took all of us and his own crew's help to do so as it was heavy as hell. I wondered why this place was getting no publicity and my friends told me that it was because he was vocally very anti-regime but due to his age they didn't bother him.

I did find the Rostam statue as well and as one of my friends who had been there before pointed out, he had created it, specifically the beard, by copying his own.

This is the entrance with a smaller sized lion head on the side. You can also see unicorns and angels in the distance.

Here is a doorway decorated with bottles.

Here are some random exhibits including statues of Rostam, Takhti and Amir Kabir.

The cave's entrance.

Inside the cave, Koroush and Rostam.

The Rostam that I had originally seen.

The treehouse that I didn't dare go to its top due to the manmade ladders and bridges and my general fear of heights.

Sitting on a chair made out of a tree stump with a miniature head of Rostam carved on it. Behind me is the gazebo that we all sat down in to have tea.

With the master himself and the peacock behind us. Further behind is the gazebo.

Oct 18, 2010
i gotta go and see this place next time i'm in iran.the rostam statue
looks impressive and just like i ever imagined him.and you all look
marvelous too.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Thos are some beautiful pictures, next time I am in Iran, I should go there. BTW how do you post images? Every time I try to click on the image icon, it says provide a URL? How can you provide a URL on a picture? On most sites you can just attach an image. I am glad you had a good time man, it is always great visiting the Fatherland.

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
One thing about the Rostam statue is that contrary to what I thought it was not solid stone. When I tapped on it it sounded hollow and it felt like some kind of polymer material. That's not to take anything away from it as it is made beautifully and as I said Mr. Vaziri seemed to use any object and material to make his creations.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
How interesting ....been to Lavasan many times and never knew of such a place , thank you for sharing your experience with us and you look cool and athletic , a mini Rostam yourself !

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
Extremely nice pictures!

Do you have the exact address of this place?
It was on a rural road going towards the mountains. If I am to believe the address they have posted online it is:

تهران، لواسانات، بلوار امام خمینی، جاده کند علیا و سفلی، دوراهی بوجان، سمت چپ بعد از چال ناظران پلاک 77

When we went into the cave the lights were off (possibly because we went during the lunch break) so we tried to see as best as we could with lights from our phones. It seems like due to the darkness we missed alot too. I wish I had spotted the statue below:

May 9, 2004
کدوم آرزو ؟
در پی دیدار ان پیر بزرگ
می دویدی روز و شب مانند گرگ

در میان این ترید و ان ترید
هی بگفتی کو کجاست انکه برید

صد مبارک باد این وصلت ترا
حله تو زیور و سیمین قبا

خوش بیافتی پیر خود با وصف و حد
عاقبت جوینده یابنده بود

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
در پی دیدار ان پیر بزرگ
می دویدی روز و شب مانند گرگ

در میان این ترید و ان ترید
هی بگفتی کو کجاست انکه برید

صد مبارک باد این وصلت ترا
حله تو زیور و سیمین قبا

خوش بیافتی پیر خود با وصف و حد
عاقبت جوینده یابنده بود

ژنرال رشتی حالا باز در مورد من میخواهی یک چیزی بگی جای خود اما وقتی یک چنین شر و وری در مورد استاد وزیری میگی کمال بی شعور بودنت را نشون میدی. فراموش هم نکنیم کی بوده که چند بار اعتراف کرده که یک پیرمرد روی شامبولش ریده.

May 9, 2004
حالا رامین جان چرا این همه عصابی شدی دادا ؟
ما گفتیم تو بعد از وصال ارامتر میشی
:--confuse

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
حالا رامین جان چرا این همه عصابی شدی دادا ؟
ما گفتیم تو بعد از وصال ارامتر میشی
:--confuse

عصبانی نشدم ژنرال رشتی، فقط متوجه شدم که علاوه بر اینکه شما به ریدن پیرمردها روی شامبولتون علاقه دارید و به آن اعتراف کردید، بی شعور هم هستید.

May 9, 2004

عصبانی نشدم ژنرال رشتی، فقط متوجه شدم که علاوه بر اینکه شما به ریدن پیرمردها روی شامبولتون علاقه دارید و به آن اعتراف کردید، بی شعور هم هستید.
موش بخورتت گوگولی
این ادب و شعورت منو کشته
:1:

May 9, 2004
فکر میکنه این پست ها رو بزنه مثلا من میگم وای چه ابرو ریزی
میخوای اگر ادمین اجازه بده عکس کیرم رو همین جا پست کنم و تو بگذاری تو فایل مخصوص کامپیوترت هر موقع خواستی
ابروی من رو ببری پستش کنی ؟