Video of Isreal atack on ship!!

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Look at those Humanitarian Aid Workers with their metal sticks and ... go !!
Kinda resembles the Arab Basijis and their metal sticks and chains in the streets of Tehran.

Feb 7, 2009
Look at those Humanitarian Aid Workers with their metal sticks and ... go !!
Kinda resembles the Arab Basijis and their metal sticks and chains in the streets of Tehran.
Look at those damn Israeli soldiers rather than letting those poor aid workers beat the shit out of them decided to defend and fought for their lives.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
From the experience, do not be so hasty judging for or against this video. I am certain that there are going to be far more details than this video.

I remember a good while ago, Australian government showed a video of boot people throwing their own kids to the sea to ward off Australian army. Everyone was so angry! Many thought, the hell, those Afghans, Arab and Iranians, fool enough to board those fragile boats to cross such dangerous waters are capble of such inhumane things. I even had a fight with one of my Aussie friends over that.
But at the end, it turned out that the boat was sinking and the parents were actually throwing the kids to other people down in the water to save them! The army had chosen the part of the clip they wanted us to see!

So be patient with these videos, especially that these videos are certainly from Israeli army and not from a third party source!

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
So be patient with these videos, especially that these videos are certainly from Israeli army and not from a third party source!
There was another video that was shot from inside the ship that was just shown in CNN, involving same old Humanitarian, peace loving aid workers with Metal sticks and ...

unfortunately, I can not find it in utube.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
There was another video that was shot from inside the ship that was just shown in CNN, involving same old Humanitarian, peace loving aid workers with Metal sticks and ...

Thanks.
Is that also from Naval forces or someone else taking the clip inside the ship?

As I said, from the experience, Naval videos are not the most trustworthy of the videos you come across. So lets wait and see the story from all sides. Otherwise, we might risk judging the event too quickly and fall for propaganda of either side!

Patience is a virtue here!

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
[video=youtube;pmhgPUXnzBU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmhgPUXnzBU[/video]

Look at the first minute of this video that was conveniently cut from the videos that you posted in which you can see the peaceful Humanitarians with their metal sticks attacking the soldiers.

Ofcourse, we will probably see more videos by Arab news agencies showing the aftermath of what happened and how those " Peaceful Aid workers" were injured and ...

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
Ofcourse, we will probably see more videos by Arab news agencies showing the aftermath of what happened and how those " Peaceful Aid workers" were injured and ...
Shahin Jaan,

Do you think Israeli army is going to show you the whole thing?

That is why I think patience is a virtue here!
I am sure the Israelis did not deliberately open fire. But they knew how high the risk was and were quite ready for it and were willing to open fire. I am also sure that peace activists, having a former senator among them were not there to engage in voilence purely but they too knew of the risks involved! However, I do think the attitude plays a big part. On the Israeli side, we have seen so clearly and openly how they behave and how they perceive anything, even slingshots and marbles as a terrorist threat. On the peace activist also there is a certain militancy going on.

So lets wait and see. Hastily jumping to conclusions based on evidence from IDF is either naive or shows that you have already made up your mind even before seeing the clips!

Last edited:

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
This maybe an issue that I could have cared about under other circumstances. As some are trying to focus on this issue, at the same time, some of the best people are being tortured in IR's jails. They are raping and selling Iranian girls. The issue between Israel and Arabs is between them. As long as the garbage that is going on in Iran is in place, spending a minute on someone else's issues is taking a minute away from focusing on Iran. Let's just boycott threads that have nothing to do with Iran.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003

How on earth do you suggest those metal bars should be used had the israelis not boarded? If this were truely a malicious provocation as you sarcastically is implying on the part of the flotilla, shouldn't there have been anything more 'drastic' on board, which would most certainly have been used by an angry mob 'ready to lynch'??

But then again, your theory is that IRI gathered 700 activists from 32 countries, including a noble prize winner, and put them on a ship with 10,000 tonnes of goods, and sent it from cypress to Gaza hoping there would be a conflict. It's not like they have proxies in Lebonon's Hezbollah or Gaza's own Hamas to cause such conflicts..

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2005
Shahinc and some of the others on this site: Were you not the one that supported students beat basijis when they were attacked?

Shocking how some cry at the injustices that Iranian government does to its people but support injustices in other part of the world.

I guess as long as the injustices are done to the people they dont like it is okay and they support it. But wait Basijis do the same.

Israeli people are great people as are Palestinians. Judge people by their state and action and not by your racism.

For your info, the news coming out shows Israelis shot at the vessels first, probably to scare them off first.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
But then again, your theory is that IRI gathered 700 activists from 32 countries, including a noble prize winner, and put them on a ship with 10,000 tonnes of goods, and sent it from cypress to Gaza hoping there would be a conflict
You can not be serious.

You don't need to put 700 activist on the ship which are all know the plan and what is behind this so called " Humanitarian trip" . All you need to do is be involved in the funding for such a project, use your connection to install few bad apples in the right places in only one or two of the the ships ;) and the rest is history.

Not everyone on the board of the ship needs to know about what is going to happen and when it happens, it will be too late for them to do anything in the middle of the all confusions and then let the Al Jazeera and other Arab News Agencies to take over and ...

I wonder if there was even a link between the Turkish convoy being in Tehran and this incident.

Did you really think everyone should be on the same page for this plan to be successful ??!!
Based on your logic, you probably thought that all the people in street involved in the 53 coup in Iran knew this was CIA backed coup and knew Ayatollah Kashani took money from CIA and ...

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2005
I have known several American, Australian and New Zealanders who have been to the Palastinian areas to help working with UN and what they saw was nothing short of war crimes and Genocide. One cannot even talk about it as she is so traumatized by it. It is interesting to see the word "so called humanitarian trip" in this post.

Reminds me of people supporting the punishment of Germans on the people of the occupied territories, and when others supported the punishment of the Islamic republic on the religious minorities that includes Bahais.

Injustices are wrong anywhere around the world, regardless of who does it. Worst is when people support the injustices.

You can not be serious.

You don't need to put 700 activist on the ship which are all know the plan and what is behind this so called " Humanitarian trip" . All you need to do is be involved in the funding for such a project, use your connection to install few bad apples in the right places in only one or two of the the ships ;) and the rest is history.

Not everyone on the board of the ship needs to know about what is going to happen and when it happens, it will be too late for them to do anything in the middle of the all confusions and then let the Al Jazeera and other Arab News Agencies to take over and ...

I wonder if there was even a link between the Turkish convoy being in Tehran and this incident.

Did you really think everyone should be on the same page for this plan to be successful ??!!

Oct 18, 2002
You can not be serious.

But Shahin jan, in this particular case, there is only one that should had to be in the plan: the Israelis. The fact remains that no one could force a commando attack in the international waters. Israel could have simply done what I mentioned in the other thread: do not allow the ship to trespass until inspection is done - and avoid this "plan". Why not then?

Even the Canadian generally pro_Israeli CTV news is calling it "a military operation that could not have gone more wrong".

May 9, 2004
به نظر من اگر کشتی ها در ابهای بین المللی بوده اند تقصیر اسرائیلی ها بوده حتی اگر سرنشینان کشتی ها به سربازان اسرائیلی حمله کرده اند حق داشته اند
زیرا کشتی ها در ابهای بین المللی بوده اند
ووارد شدن سربازان اسرائیلی به کشتی ها یعنی دزدی دریایی در قوانین بین المللی کاپیتان و سرنشینان کشتی می توانند در مقابل از خود دفاع کنند
کسی که به زور در اب های بین المللی وارد کشتی می شود دزد دریایی محسوب می شود
اسرائیل همان کاری را کرده که دزدان دریایی صومالیایی انجام می دهند
با این فرق که صومالیایی ها کسی را نمی کشند
ولی اسرائیلی ها کشتند
اگر در اب های اسرائیل بوده انوقت قضیه فرق می کند و حتی کشتن سرنشینان کشتی ها را می توان قانونی جلوه داد زیرا بدون اجازه اسرائیل به ابهای این کشور وارد شده اند و مقاومت کرده اند
هیچ کشوری این حق را به کسی نخواهد داد که وارد حریم دریایی یا زمینی و هوایی کشور دیگری شود

بله جانم

Last edited:

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
But Shahin jan, in this particular case, there is only one that should had to be in the plan: the Israelis. The fact remains that no one could force a commando attack in the international waters. Israel could have simply done what I mentioned in the other thread: do not allow the ship to trespass until inspection is done - and avoid this "plan". Why not then?

Even the Canadian generally pro_Israeli CTV news is calling it "a military operation that could not have gone more wrong".
I am not saying that what Israel did was right or wise but this irrelevant of who was behind this mission and was involved in a plan to provoke the Israel forces.

It is just like, they try, if the plan is successful , then perfect. If not and they fail to get a harsh reaction from the Israel that they were hoping for, at least the next day they can go on about how we defied Israel and took in a shipment of food and ... in front of their eyes without them being able to do anything and ....

Oct 18, 2002
It is just like, they try, if the plan is successful , then perfect. If not and they fail to get a harsh reaction from the Israel that they were hoping for, at least the next day they can go on about how we defied Israel and took in a shipment of food and ... in front of their eyes without them being able to do anything and ....
Didn't have to be either of these two options. Even right now Israel has let five ships in. If I was the commander of the Israeli unit, I would have allowed the content of the ship - on condition of inspection - and barred the people from getting off. Mission accomplished; Israel's sovereignty protected; troublemakers kept out; international community satisfied. What was achieved now?

I am starting to suspect this may really have been a plot within the army to pull the rug from under Netanyahu's feet.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Didn't have to be either of these two options. Even right now Israel has let five ships in. If I was the commander of the Israeli unit, I would have allowed the content of the ship - on condition of inspection - and barred the people from getting off. Mission accomplished; Israel's sovereignty protected; troublemakers kept out; international community satisfied. What was achieved now?

I am starting to suspect this may really have been a plot within the army to pull the rug from under Netanyahu's feet.
Again, this is irrelevant of how the situation was going to be handled by Israeli forces and ....

There might be 10 other scenarios that would have ended up canceling this provoking act and make it useless but there was a chance that Israel will over react ( based on their History) and the Terrorists banked on that.

There are always a chance that any terrorist activity will be unsuccessful but this does not stop the terrorists from trying it.