Volleyball League of Nations 2019

Oct 18, 2010
iran playing in china in the first week along with italy and germany.
first match early friday morning on 5-31-19:

iran - italy
1am pst

Oct 18, 2010
iran 3 - italy 1

20-25
25-23
25-23
25-23

great comeback by itan.
they were trailing 6-12 in the second set but came back and won it.
and they never looked back.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Great start for Iran beating Italy, China, and dismantlng Germany. Is there any way we can live stream the game on youtube, for us based vewers or anywhere else?

Oct 18, 2010
iran 3 - germany 0

30-28
29-27
25-20

the germans put up stiffer resistance for the boys but had to bow out at the end.
the new #7 is a complete player.he has a monstrous serve that's is hit or miss but
when it hits it's unstoppable.the coach has clearly worked on his team weak points from
last year which was serving and receiving.
iran will end the first week in 1st or second place in the table depending on argentina's result
later today.
next week they travel to japan to face them along with argentina and brazil.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Merc Finally jan I see three links link 1 link 2 and link 3. Which link should we use for the game? Also, can you kindly give me the schedule for Iran's next fixture? Seems like so far between Italy, China and Germany, Chna gave the most fght. I think some of our legends retred, I beleve Ghafouri did right(spelling)? t is nice to see that the old generation inspired the young players, what is the make up of our team are we young, are we experienced with some youth etc? Merci.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Merc Finally jan I see three links link 1 link 2 and link 3. Which link should we use for the game? Also, can you kindly give me the schedule for Iran's next fixture? Seems like so far between Italy, China and Germany, Chna gave the most fght. I think some of our legends retred, I beleve Ghafouri did right(spelling)? t is nice to see that the old generation inspired the young players, what is the make up of our team are we young, are we experienced with some youth etc? Merci.
Look here for schedule -> http://www.volleyball.world/en/schedule#/d20190603

Oct 18, 2010
brazil 3 - iran 2

23-25
25-16
21-25
33-31
15-10

iran gets a point and shows a lot of progress.
iran used to lose 3-0 to them as long as i remember but this time
they came close to winning.
next up argentina.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Tough beat vs a very strong Brazl team, WHICH beat the defending champs Poland, in a rematch. Now I believe because Iran won two sets you lose only 2-1, you get a point. At least Iran is able to hang with, in my and many volleyball fans opinion, the best team in the world right now. Last year, they were good but they didn't have the experieince but losing to Poland made them a dangerous team, they know how to win now.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Nice bounce back win against Argentina. Does anyone have the updated standings? I think with the exception of Brazil, everyone has at least ONE L. At least Iran were able to get partial points and hang vs the best team in the wrold. I have been following Iran's progress and compared to four years ago, night and day difference. I am happy to see that we are disappointed with the result vs Brazil, that would have been cause for celebration, a moral victory taking a point. I think the previous generation inspired the new generaton and Volleyball is here to stay in Iran. We should now invest in some facilities and some youth academy programs, we should also send our talented players to Europe, especially Italy, they have a very good professonal league. I believe a few of our guys are there.

Oct 18, 2010
iran 3 - argentina 1

25-19
20-25
25-22
34-32

good game by iran playing in less then 24 hours
after a tough 5 set loss.argentina put up a valiant
effort especially in the thrilling 4th set but iran just had
the better players.
next up host japan who are the 2nd best asian team after iran.