• keep everything goes

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
1) Close thread and go for 0 tolerance from now on.
2) Keep everything goes and have 0 tolerance every other thread

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
^^Means stop everything goes not necessarily closing it. Hala shoma too technicalitish kootaah biaaid.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
^^Means stop everything goes not necessarily closing it. Hala shoma too technicalitish kootaah biaaid.
But why stop it? Who knows it may go back to discussing Koreas :) Then it would be a shame to close it!

OK, but just so that's on the record, I'm against closing threads!!

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I dont know. I am for closing that thread However i am not sure what a "zero tolerance" would look like. To me actually its not to realize. Because zero tolerance would mean no divooneh, no bisavaad, no vatan foroosh, no sell out, no jackass, no mojaahed, no monaafegh, no aasghghaal. no lajan, no... so basically all those things i have said and heard here. i really dont know because this angry pack here is unsatisfied. They are not here to give it up so easily as things are not said and done. that means the discussions will be heated going forward and i am pretty sure, they will step in and use whatevern in their power to provoke and get a reaction. In that case, i really dont know how this "zero tolerance" thing can be approached and enforced without banning a whole lot of people here. Some people dont find any offense in the word sell out, others dont think its a big deal to call or to be called bisavaad. i mean where does that zero tolerance start? Where does it end?

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
zero tolerance means if somebody is insulted and reports that post the person insulting would get an infraction. Moderators can't go and read 14 pages to find out who started it but will go off of any reported post. I personally don't like when others report insults that were thrown at a 3rd party. If that party was insulted they should report it themselves. I think this is more tolerance but at the same time we will not let anybiody get insulted unless they don't give a hoot.

Oct 20, 2003
zero tolerance means if somebody is insulted and reports that post the person insulting would get an infraction. Moderators can't go and read 14 pages to find out who started it but will go off of any reported post. I personally don't like when others report insults that were thrown at a 3rd party. If that party was insulted they should report it themselves. I think this is more tolerance but at the same time we will not let anybiody get insulted unless they don't give a hoot.
Dada, why not have zero tolerance for anyone who violates ISP's established rules, without exception ? Personal insult is just one of the ISP rules which I copied below. If the violation of some of these rules are not enforced, then ISP should cross them out; there is no point in having rules if they are not enforeced.
If we are going for "more tolerance" then let's do away with these rules. Tolerance to me at least means accepting opposing views, within certain guidelines otherwise we will have total chaos.

A. No personal attacks on any member or individual of the site
1. You CANNOT use profanity to get your message across.
2. You CANNOT insult family members.
3. You CANNOT intimidate members by continuously trying to engage them.
B. No posts that can be considered advertisement of any kind.
1. You CANNOT make any posts that declare times for demonstrations etc.
2. You CANNOT post links to external political or religious sites.
3. You CANNOT continuously push your views on topics on other members.
C. No humiliation of any religious belief is allowed - ISP has no tolerance policy in this regard.
D. No posts with disturbing pictures/videos will be allowed.
E. No racist comments, jokes or pictures are allowed.
F. No promotion of religion or political beliefs are allowed. Members who are deemed to be promoting a certain political belief will be removed from the forum.
G: No URL is allowed to be posted in the subject heading.
H: Most topics on Israel/Palestine issue will be locked/removed, since from the experience, this topics always leads to fights and arguments amongst members.
I: Mods and Admins can at anytime restrict or block your access to ISP Forums if you are using Proxy / VPN or any other method to mask your IP.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I am not a very good reporter and you guys know it. I know it far too well how all that would end up. This gang starts a proxy war and attacks from all angles and even if i would report their posts, (which i wouldnt because its not in my blood and character) they could chew up the infractions better than i do as a lone warrior :)

Now seriously, by that meassure, i would be the one who gets banned in a few minutes and i have seen that scenario come true a few times in the past. All those guys will end up with one or two infractions but they will get me banned pretty easily.

So i am for soroushs suggestion.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I'm totally with Safar jan (Iranpak) on this one.

Freedom of speech, tolerating each-other's opinion, etc. is a must! But personal insult is crossing the line and against the rules. No tolerance for that!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I am not a very good reporter and you guys know it.
Something for you to work with then! If you feel attacked by "this gang", as long as they don't personally insult you, why don't you attack them in the same way? It works for most people in the civilized industrial world.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Dada, why not have zero tolerance for anyone who violates ISP's established rules, without exception ? Personal insult is just one of the ISP rules which I copied below. If the violation of some of these rules are not enforced, then ISP should cross them out; there is no point in having rules if they are not enforeced.
Yeah, I've always wondered why these two items are in the rules and no one cares to either enforce them or remove them. I'm usually the only one standing up in defence of Rule C and we have so many members using the word "mozdoors" without realizing that their counterpart is breaking Rule F:

C. No humiliation of any religious belief is allowed - ISP has no tolerance policy in this regard.
F. ...Members who are deemed to be promoting a certain political belief will be removed from the forum.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Judging by name tags, every other member here is a "Moderator". Besides, they are either silent or say contradictory things and in the end nothing is done.

Aug 26, 2005
This is just getting silly. Do people realise the basic question being asked here is: "Do you want us to enforce the rules we said we'd enforce?"

Anybody who has seen the forum rules and clicked 'register' to post here has already voted in the affirmative. Why in the hell do we have such a thread to protect someone who so violently abuses the rules, day-in and day-out? I have never been one to question the motives of the mods - simply their judgment - but this is taking the piss now.

Status
Not open for further replies.