watching the game again, i cant help but agree...

Bong

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
that the pitch and ball were just aweful. Even the English commentators on Toofan's clip said it a few times...it was just an impossible pitch to play on and the Bahrainis had the advantage because it reduced our ability to play a technical game. So I expect that Japan will have the same problem in Bahrain if they use the same ball and pitch.

I think after some re-grouping... we should be able to tear bahrain apart at Azadi. I think Zandi will be ok in that position, but hashemian definately will have to pushed up along side Daei or without Daei. I also think the 4 defender concept is better...we arent as stretched as before. So the conclusion is that either Daei or Hashemian will have to start up-front...we just cant play hashemian as left-attack...thats better position for nikbakht.

Oct 20, 2003
eshghi said:
Hey Arsenal! Don't get down on Bong man!
I have already watched the game four times.
Not to enjoy it, but to analyze it fairly.
I have to take my hat off to your torture tolerance! ;)
It bothered me to even watch the highlights on Zahab's program.

buzz

Bench Warmer
May 21, 2003
Ohio
Bong said:
that the pitch and ball were just aweful. Even the English commentators on Toofan's clip said it a few times...it was just an impossible pitch to play on and the Bahrainis had the advantage because it reduced our ability to play a technical game. So I expect that Japan will have the same problem in Bahrain if they use the same ball and pitch.

I think after some re-grouping... we should be able to tear bahrain apart at Azadi. I think Zandi will be ok in that position, but hashemian definately will have to pushed up along side Daei or without Daei. I also think the 4 defender concept is better...we arent as stretched as before. So the conclusion is that either Daei or Hashemian will have to start up-front...we just cant play hashemian as left-attack...thats better position for nikbakht.
Well, the good news is that Iran is undefeated and its 3 of next 5 games are at home.

Daei should have been sacked month ago. And I doubt Japan will lose to those arabs, because their game is only one week after they lose to Iran and they play less emotional then Iranian players.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Iranpaak said:
I have to take my hat off to your torture tolerance! ;)
:) :) :) So true! But seriously, I can only do this by putting all
emotions aside so that I can see things clearer. Some days, I think
I should just abandon this whole engineering design crap and go
do something with my true passion, FOOTBALL.