WC18 and AC19 Qualifications News and Updates

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Irans primature Exit from AFC15, combined with the Atmospher Team Melli and fans created at this tournament made us want more.
But dont' worry. The qualifications are right around the corner.

Starting for Iran in 5 months in June 2015.
Due to sergury I'm home so I had planty of time to make these 2 videos.
One in farsi, and one in English. (Pardon my lack of fluence speaking)

Anyway I did it so you lazy Guys dont have to search wiki between 3-4 dif pages to get the rules and format.
Just Watch the videos here.

نگاهی به قوانین مقدماتی ۲ جام آینده
پنج ماه بیشتر، از آغاز مقدماتیهای جام ملتها آسیا ۲۰۱۹، و جان جهانی ۲۰۱۸ باقی نمونده.
این ویدیو تمام قوانین مقدماتی را بهتون توضیح میده.

[video=youtube_share;mOJRbIJJeiY]http://youtu.be/mOJRbIJJeiY[/video]

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
And here is the one in English, incase...

World cup 2018 and Asian cup 2019 Qualifications format - AFC region
AFC regions qualification for Asian Cup 2019 and Worldcup 2018 are
merged in round 1 and 2 but devided in round 3.
Here is all you need to know about the rules and format of the 2 tournaments for Asia.

[video=youtube_share;ylKU47AmxPc]http://youtu.be/ylKU47AmxPc[/video]

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
As you see.
5 months Guys...
No time to fire CQ, nor Nekuonam retire, or dramatic chances.
I bet Iran will start the qualification with the same squad INCLUDING Javad etc. as used in this tournament.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
LOL...Marco joon baba damet garm!!!! :D Very imformative videos! :)

How are you doing? Did it go well with the surgery?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
A question to experts.
Do you think with so short time to next tournament, There will be time for any major changes?
I mean, Ando, Javad, Masoud retire etc?
I am not expert lol but i guess Iran need to keep Ando and Hosseini around ( from players over 30) until they find alternative gradually . In case of Javad hope he retire during Iran-Sweden match in 2 months and Shojaei well he is replaceable

btw : good job as usual man :)

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2005
Nobody will retire except maybe Javad after Sweden game. Ando still is good enough for next two years and so is Jalal Hossaini. Losing Javad will not be a huge change as Ando will easily fill in his shoes.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
I am not expert lol but i guess Iran need to keep Ando and Hosseini around ( from players over 30) until they find alternative gradually . In case of Javad hope he retire during Iran-Sweden match in 2 months and Shojaei well he is replaceable

btw : good job as usual man :)
Nobody will retire except maybe Javad after Sweden game. Ando still is good enough for next two years and so is Jalal Hossaini. Losing Javad will not be a huge change as Ando will easily fill in his shoes.
Belive me Guys. Javad is more important and in better shape then we think.
I red on Navarro newspaper, Osasuna urging him to be in the Club latest saturday so he can play liga match on sunday.

He just came home from AFC. within a week back to professional Work.
I say he stays at least until summer 16-17... not a chance if CQ will dismiss him in a while.
btw... If he is as stubbern as Dai he may even make it to wc. LOL..we have seen this before dont you think?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^I don't think he's that stubborn! He's a good guy. His personality is different than Daei's. However I do agree with you that he's in a much better shape than some people here think! Experience-wise, nobody beat him in TM either! His experience will be important in TM.

Feb 4, 2005
I am not saying Nekoo should leave and yes he can stay for another year specially since we won't be facing any big team in a year. All I say is his absence will not be a huge miss unless Ando isn't going to be around either

Nov 24, 2002
This time WC qualification will be tougher . for final round( round 3) there will be two group of 6 teams this time instead of 5 .

Also for Asian cup it will be 24 teams instead of 16 so it will be an extra round of elimination ( 1/16)

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
This time WC qualification will be tougher . for final round( round 3) there will be two group of 6 teams this time instead of 5 .

Also for Asian cup it will be 24 teams instead of 16 so it will be an extra round of elimination ( 1/16)
for WC qual...I wish instead of 2 gr of 6, they had made 4 gr of 3 teams... gr Winners to WC.. best 2nd to Continental play off.

regurd AFC19....Thats why I said in other threads that: this time 2015 with this route, we had the easiest way to the finals.

But fortunetly the qualifications are just around the corner.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Now lets not turn this thread around to muzike asil.. but here is the back ground music i used...

from 1 min 45 sec and after...

[video=youtube_share;NLms-Rgzy94]http://youtu.be/NLms-Rgzy94[/video]

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
according to 90...
CQ has given his plan for the Next 2 events (World cup and Asian Cup Qualifications) to Kafashiyan, including pre tournament preprations.

I Wonder what that pre tournament prepration is? The friendly vs Sweden or more then that?
Remeber June 15th is already our 1st serious match.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Now lets not turn this thread around to muzike asil.. but here is the back ground music i used...

from 1 min 45 sec and after...

[video=youtube_share;NLms-Rgzy94]http://youtu.be/NLms-Rgzy94[/video]
Loved it! Thanks for sharing!

Dec 30, 2014
I do not think CQ will want Neku to retire. I hope he uses the prelim rounds to try to transition someone else into Neku's role.

Ando is getting old, and may be (just may be) he has lost a step or two. But he is still the hardest working guy on the field. So I do not see any reason for him to retire, unless some new talent shows up unexpectedly from somewhere. Even then, he should still be retained, perhaps as a tactical sub when holding on to leads.

Shojaei has been much maligned. I think he was better than credited. But I think it is time for him to go gracefully.

We are good on offense and defense. But the AM role needed and still needs other options besides Shojaei.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Both Javad and Ando will stay.
as for Ando...
We scored 7? he assisted or created 6 of them

as for Javad...
he leaded the team both on and off the field bc Karimi refused to lead of the field (dobbel Work for Javad)
he is so important, that in dying minutes of extra time vs Iraq being behind 3-2 we got a corner.
Javad went to take it. Ando pushed him and told him to go to the field instead. Why? bc Ando knew Javad is a last minut Voroojak game changer.
Ando takes the corner, JAVAD extended the ball with the header, Seyed jalal scored, ball bounced out and Gucci finished it.
Javad also took his penalty as a true professional penalty taker (even better statistics then Messi and Cristi combined)

So.. I guess If I was CQ, I would screw the age factor, as long as the pair (Ando, Javad) perform well.