We all remember that dark day...

Feb 5, 2005
Sweden
www.iranian.se
We all remember that dark day in Manama 4 years ago. No matter how proud we are of Team e Melli, there are times we feel disappointment and get broken-hearted. Even the referee of that game said in an interview that was the strangest game he ever experieced during his whole career !!

When Bahrain and arab teams in general can't compete with bacheha technically in a football field, then they take ANY desperate means to get our team out of balance.

It started in the airport when none would transport the team to the hotel and facilites. Then came the food problem. We all remember the reports about fights for the foods in Team e Melli's camp.

Then the game started. I do not want to remember, to be honest with you. Hearing that horrible ROOZEH KHOONI and all noise make my whole soul start to shake.

The effective time of that game was only 35 minutes out of 94. The masters of ANTIFOOTBALL were grassrolling every minute and in situation even not a single iranian player was even close to them.

The referee was confused and didn't know which of warwounded Bahrini should get treatments of doctors on the filed. Then in the end of the game seeing Saudi flags in front of cameras was really "something".

Then November 17 came. Even one more crucial game for iranian fottball in Doha in Qatar. The same roozeh khooni , the same noise, 2-1 to Qatar and 10 minutes left. I saw Qatari start grassrolling again.

I could not even breathe now. But something was different this time. It can't be described in words. You could see it in the bacheha's eyes. They had not given up. They did crush Qatar in 10 minutes with a great discipline.

You might wonder why I am writing these memories. You know, I just want to tell you that WE HAVE LEARNED. We know how to react in their psycological wars. We are used to their "no sense of fair play". We are not going there with a superior attitude, we know that we can loose if we are not playing as a team.

Branko know what kind of injections our team need in such situations. Remember bringing Azizi in Doha and how it changed the spirit of the team? I read the news now and read that a whole team of doctors are going to Bahrain now to prepare bacheha's arrival and even preparing the food for them.

I just wanted to say that I am hopeful.

soroushk

Bench Warmer
Oct 5, 2004
New York
Great post. I think this team has a completely different mentality to the one which faced Bahrain in 2001.

We have shown mental reslience in the games against Oman, Jordan (away) and Qatar (away).

I am fully confident that they will take this job seriously and come back at least with a draw.

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
That day was so dark that video of the broadcast was dark. Damn that's dark. It's in the highlights section, you can check that out once it's all set up.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Good post! We ARE different this time. It was a horrible experience that day, but
one for which we are much better today. Bahrain's old antiques just aren't effective
anymore. Let them grassroll. Let them swear at our players. It doesn't matter.
We're going to beat them this time.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Yeah nice post and welcome to the forum! :)
We're going to crush them this time!!!

By the way the referee during the Iran-Bahrain 2001 game, was clearly bought!!! Even the swedish commentators said there was something wrong with that guy!

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
Nice post.
that defeat against Bahrain was the worst day of my life and many more days & weeks to follow but I think we have all grown much wiser. The players are more aware and cautioned, fans are more realistic, even IFF was aware of the problems and has tried to prevent same errors. Overall, we have come a long way as a footballing nation. I think if you look at all football powers, they have all experienced some shocking losses, just as in 2002 against Korea, by teams like Italy, Portugue, Spain...

I am very confident that bache ha will win this game with a dominating attitude and a very convincing result.

Feb 5, 2005
Sweden
www.iranian.se
Thanks, I am glad u liked it. Sorry for some spelling problems. I am too lazy to check the spelling afterward. As I said I am really hopeful.

Sly , I have email contact with Chris Härenstam the swedish commentator who did comment most of the iran's game on Eurosport. Now he is working for SVT and I have some surprises for iranians in Sweden if Iran makes it to Germany and Chris would comment the games there.

Oct 19, 2002
Pasargad jan, i actually am in contact with the whole SVT sport, we are in talks for possible big projects, but money is one issue as always...

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Pasargad and Navid jan, baba pas maro ham maroof konin mesle khodetoon! :eek: :D

Pasargad jan, Va bra!!! det e ju perfekt. Han e den bäste kommentatorn! Synd att jag brukar åka till Iran på somrarna nu för tiden så när jag kommer tillbaks så kan jag alltid från dig eller Ramtin eller Navid om va han har sagt! ;)

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
all it takes to avoid all that heartache and stress is:

a goal as early as 15th minute.

then, from then on, it's smooth sailing