We are on the right track, good result!

Jan 29, 2004
Bronko is not a dummy. He knows 3 home wins and 3 draws away will get us 12 points, enough to go to Germany.
We got the 1 point we needed and more importantly did not give 3 to Bahrain.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
puh...please!!! What we needed was 3 points! 1 point against Bahrain is a disaster for a team with so many talents!

Sultan

Bench Warmer
Apr 7, 2004
Folks, I like to look at the bright side. We got 1 point from our first game. We could have earn 0 points. The best result would have been 3 points but hey, we didn't get the best or worst so lets take the point and build on it.
We all know this is the way it is with the Iranian team.

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
I dont think we played for a draw,we started well in first half,then Bahrain took control,first half was even.

second half they overran us in every department.

We didnt deserve more,but we didnt deserve to lose either.
Bahrain will be disappointed,we wont.

1 point away against Bahrain is a good result,as long as matches against NK goes in our favor.

Messi19

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
we were in the right track 4 years ago when people were saying it was ok for Iran to get 1 point against Thiland in the 2nd game and we all know what happend at the end.

Jan 29, 2004
Sly said:
puh...please!!! What we needed was 3 points! 1 point against Bahrain is a disaster for a team with so many talents!
What talent are we exactly talking about? I keep hearing Iran is the most talented team in Asia but don't see any evidence to back it up.
Kia is on the bench in Germany right now, so is Hashemian, Karimi is walking through games in UAE league, Kabi is wasting his time in Qatar!
It's not a surprise that the best players today were the one's who got regular playing time in their teams, Nekonam, Rezai, Golmohamadi, Nosrati, Mirzapour.
Where is the talent when our players can hardly take a straight shot? It's good to talk trash with other Asain teams about being the most talented team but don't let it get into our own heads.