We blame Queiroz for not taking the Job in IRAN but.......

Oct 19, 2002
I find it amazing that we blame Queiroz (a foreigner) for not taking the job in IRAN and not wanting to live there for 4 years dealing with unpredictable Islamic republic whereas most of us on this board are not even living in iran or wanting to live under the rule of these people killing Lunatics.

To be honest I would be surprised for a world class coach to take a 4 year or any year deal in iran if he has any other offers, that's why we end up with 3rd rated european coaches like branko or similar.

so lets blame the Islamic (not so republic) dictators,not foreigners that don't want to live under their rule if they have other choices.

pejman161

Football Fan
Sep 1, 2010
still I think this man would have Made no effect on TM

It is not about living it's about money
why whould he want to coach Saudi Arabia a team that is in a bigg mess
+ a country with 0% freedom

and not coach a team like Iran that is World Class football.

this coach will get sacked over 2 years in saudi arabia because of
No Result!!

what we need is a Iranian coach that Understand Iranian football And not a foreign Coach

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
still I think this man would have Made no effect on TM

It is not about living it's about money
why whould he want to coach Saudi Arabia a team that is in a bigg mess
+ a country with 0% freedom

and not coach a team like Iran that is World Class football.

this coach will get sacked over 2 years in saudi arabia because of
No Result!!

what we need is a Iranian coach that Understand Iranian football And not a foreign Coach
what r u on?

Maly

Ball Boy
May 31, 2004
Well living in Saudi Arabia is far more problematic than Iran, what are you talking about ?

You are again trying to mix up politics and sports !!!

Quiroz only looked after money, that's it, there is nothing about Islamic republic or anything else here. Saudi Arabia is by far much worst than Iran the worst in term of "freedom", "civil rights" etc ...

If we want to evolve and stop blaming government to mix up sports and politics, this should begin with ourselves and not blaming "them" for what some of us constantly do also ...

pejman161

Football Fan
Sep 1, 2010
the way u see things forced me to think u may be ON sth reallyyyyyyy goood... i want some of that THING too
tell me please withs point?

Isn't Saudi Arabia Worst then I.R ?
why would he go to Saudi Arabia instead of Iran?

Iran!
1.Iran has a better Team
2.Weather in Iran is far better then Saudi Arabia
3. And Many Young Talents

Saudi Arabia!
1. Money!!

I'm Not trying to say I.R is the best country to live in but it's clear that this guy is after the money

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
well of course, it's a no brainer. a european coach with his resume walking around in the middle east looking for an offer is most likely doing it for the money, not the love/passion he has for any of those countries.

i have said this before and i'll say it again, don't let you're Irooni gheyrat get in the way...no top coach can put up with political/social conditions in Iran.

everyone is looking to escape that country, even our own hamvatans, what makes you think some foreigner would bend over for IFF and IR?

Oct 18, 2002
well of course, it's a no brainer. a european coach with his resume walking around in the middle east looking for an offer is most likely doing it for the money, not the love/passion he has for any of those countries.

i have said this before and i'll say it again, don't let you're Irooni gheyrat get in the way...no top coach can put up with political/social conditions in Iran.

everyone is looking to escape that country, even our own hamvatans, what makes you think some foreigner would bend over for IFF and IR?

pleeeeeeeeassssse Saudi Arabia political situation is a mess, too. Freedom or religion, human rights blah blah is at the same level Iran is. Just see current turmoil in those regions.

Of course it was about money. If IFF would offered more than Saudi, he would have chosse IRI.

Otherwise, it just does not make much sense why he rejected TM job.
An with domestic coaches we can only beat teams like Iraq, Saudi, Kuwait or North Korea only. Hence we might catch the last spot for WC.
Amen

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
^ yes you're right Saudi Arabia is a mess, probably worst than Iran...but the reality is that they will pay him more, and he doesn't have to bend over for anyone. He'll be just another face in KSA. getting twice the money and then getting fired (avoiding a long term contract;))and going back home with a fat paycheck.

what's better than that?

in Iran there isn't one boss, there is media, there is people, there is IFF sticking their nose in everything...sooooo it's understandable. These foreign coach's aren't looking to really do anything beside make money.

i just don't understand why some Iranians get their panny's in a bunch about such issues...be reasonable, the guy is not Iranian, he has no obligation/passion/reponsibility to sign with us just cuz we asked him to. and he's not alone, the coaches that will sign are from Eastern Europe villages and towns you've never heard of.

so bottom line, no one should get their hopes of. instead, give the job to some Irooni, it's better than a low level Euro coach.

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
^ yes you're right Saudi Arabia is a mess, probably worst than Iran...but the reality is that they will pay him more, and he doesn't have to bend over for anyone. He'll be just another face in KSA. getting twice the money and then getting fired (avoiding a long term contract;))and going back home with a fat paycheck.

what's better than that?

in Iran there isn't one boss, there is media, there is people, there is IFF sticking their nose in everything...sooooo it's understandable. These foreign coach's aren't looking to really do anything beside make money.

i just don't understand why some Iranians get their panny's in a bunch about such issues...be reasonable, the guy is not Iranian, he has no obligation/passion/reponsibility to sign with us just cuz we asked him to. and he's not alone, the coaches that will sign are from Eastern Europe villages and towns you've never heard of.

so bottom line, no one should get their hopes of. instead, give the job to some Irooni, it's better than a low level Euro coach.
Arabs wont pay him more than us ($2m a year) .why do u take arabs as bunch of malakh khor who know crap about football? baba they buy top european football clubs for investment and hire best football coaches with reasonable money and trust me they know where/how to spend their money

Carlos QUEROZ salary in portugal wasnt more than $500k a year and i doubt he was earning more than while in ManUnited. I dont think KSA sign Queroz as they are after bIELSA ( who turned down japan's offer) and Queroz might end up in Angola which wont pay him more thaN $800K

I hope that Carlos Quieroz's decline to coach Iran will raise alarm bells in the Iranian Football Federation and the Governement and the way they treat women. The reason why he declined us was because he had concerns about his wife's wellbeing and the way she is treated in Iran. We lost out on an exceptional coach there.