We knew the ball was Nike 3 MONTHS AGO!!

Nov 29, 2002
Daei, Dadkan and co. really, REALLY OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED. This is the single most embarrassing moment for me when it comes to iranian football, my estimation of these guys really can't get much lower now

OK, I have three points:

1) Daei blaming ball for iran's bad performance is like Beckham blaming the pitch for his euro '04 penalty. The only difference is that EVERYONE laughed at Beckham for his silly excuse whereas some Iranians are actually lapping up this BS excuse.

2) Also, we knew the ball was Nike, it says so in this article:

http://www.the-afc.com/english/medi...ils&newsID=1014

key quote: Nike is the "exclusive supplier of the new and unique AFC match ball"

How much more disorganized and stupid can this iranian team-e-melli of us can get? I was angry before, but now I'm furious. WE KNEW THIS MONTHS AGO!!

3) Nekounam and Kia complaining about the field is a joke, by the way Bahrain played a very fast football and their game would have been as much hampered as us. THis kind of excuse only works when you are the superior team on the day, which we weren't anyway. Also, have people forgotten that teams visiting Iran had to play in a giant sandpit for so many years?

TM, Cut the excuses, start the playing. I am most disappointed with Captain because I always thought he is gheyrati and doesn't come up with such BS.

Dec 23, 2004
city of angeles
Dr. Jaan,
this IFF and for the 1st. time really ever, planned and mobilized everywhich
way possbile for this game...and "TAMAA-E-JAVAANEB-KAAR-RA DAR NAZAR
GREFTEH BOOD...>>> so called", and it's true they did bunch of stuff, never
before thought of..and it is true that, the pich, the ball, and etc. can affect
your game, the TM and IFF always were short of attention to all conditions
in away games, well this time they thought and said that they covered all
grounds and left no stone unturned, except the Ball, Nike4 as you say, a
new, awful ball, worst than the gray euro adidas, remember last Euro-Cup
so many players complianed about that ball..?
I have had a thing about soccer balls for a long time..I collected many,
I played them to death, I tested them by trying to explode them, and
let me tell you recent years, there were only a couple of balls that were
decent and good feeling to the touch...so these guys ZYAD HAM BEERABT
NAGOFTAND...just over looked the ball issue, I guess...
btw..let me tell you a secret, TM and Branko, were really shooting for
a Tie, my man...that's what really happened here..o.k..?

ashkan

Ball Boy
Oct 31, 2002
i did read in JAHANEH FOOTBALL if or one of the sport paper .the manger of KISH FACILITY said they got eight of this ball from DOBAI just for team mali .when they come to KISH so team mali could use this new balls

nakhl

Bench Warmer
Feb 1, 2005
ashkan said:
i did read in JAHANEH FOOTBALL if or one of the sport paper .the manger of KISH FACILITY said they got eight of this ball from DOBAI just for team mali .when they come to KISH so team mali could use this new balls

the ball, the pitch and the weather was just an excuse! Branko changed his mind and decided to play defensive at some point and he did not know how to justify that. so, he puts offensive players in a defensive form for a goal-less tie then he sends daei to calm people down somehow.

i think what branko did was proper. he is the coach and he has the right to change his tactics based on the new conditions if he wants to. i do not think we should be criticizing him for that. he seems to have a plan and it appears that he is happy with one point out of bahrain so far.

Bong

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Just because they knew its going to be a Nike ball and had played with a Nike ball doesnt mean it was comparable to THE PARTICULAR NIKE BALL USED IN THE GAME. Especially when you have a hard surface, an over inflated ball can make alot of difference.

khuzestan

Football Fan
Feb 10, 2005
My suggestion to TM guys is to do same thing what Bahrain did. Find some kind of balls which are standard (FIFA) and surprise them with the balls a day before the game starts (good luck). I don't think you can surprise a professional team (any team) with this kind of B.S.

I always thought we are smarter than ARABS, but this proves the opposite.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
nakhl said:
the ball, the pitch and the weather was just an excuse! Branko changed his mind and decided to play defensive at some point and he did not know how to justify that. so, he puts offensive players in a defensive form for a goal-less tie then he sends daei to calm people down somehow.

i think what branko did was proper. he is the coach and he has the right to change his tactics based on the new conditions if he wants to. i do not think we should be criticizing him for that. he seems to have a plan and it appears that he is happy with one point out of bahrain so far.

If that's the case, then he is not even brave enough defend his tactics! (we know how gutless he is in dealing with IFF and Daei). That's such a shameful excuss for a team that supposed to be "our best ever" in a path that is our easiest ever to WC.
By the way, as a coach he should expect to be critized. And a reminder: he has been lucky that his plans "saresh kharab nashode" by now. Remeber how we escaped elimination in the first round?!

Kayvon

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2004
Washington, DC
There is no excuse for this. Ivankovich is at fault for this game because he kept the team pulled back and tried to get a tie!! What a Dumb @$$. We are 20 times the team bahrain is and we should always go to beat them. The field however, was awful and that hurt Iran a lot more bahrain, because Iran is much more technical than bahrain so they were seriously affected, but still...no excuse...Ivankovich must go!!!!

nakhl

Bench Warmer
Feb 1, 2005
zoozanagheh said:
If that's the case, then he is not even brave enough defend his tactics! (we know how gutless he is in dealing with IFF and Daei). That's such a shameful excuss for a team that supposed to be "our best ever" in a path that is our easiest ever to WC.
By the way, as a coach he should expect to be critized. And a reminder: he has been lucky that his plans "saresh kharab nashode" by now. Remeber how we escaped elimination in the first round?!

i think branko found that we had a chance of losing to bahrain and he could not bare a devastating loss for a chance of win. I do not think this is cowardly. Coaches usually do not let their reasoning known to public. I mean, they do not have to say why or even when they change tactics.

So, Branko had the right to adopt the course that he thought was best and we he does not ahve to give us explanation. Probably Dadkan knows.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
nakhl said:
i think branko found that we had a chance of losing to bahrain and he could not bare a devastating loss for a chance of win. I do not think this is cowardly. Coaches usually do not let their reasoning known to public. I mean, they do not have to say why or even when they change tactics.

So, Branko had the right to adopt the course that he thought was best and we he does not ahve to give us explanation. Probably Dadkan knows.

I am afraid I have to disagree with you, respectfully. Even club level coaches talk about their tactics and defend it when questioned, let alone a national team head coach who is being paid by resources of a country and its nation is responsible to answer to people when his tactics are questioned. Of course if one follows IR rules, no one feels the responsibility since "accountablility" and "paskhgoyi" have lost their meaning.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Nakhl jan,
ur right that a coach shouldnt explicitly explain why he changed his tactics,etc.. but although we got 1 point from this game, he has to explain why he didnt send an attacking team to get max points.
Im sure he knows it too that Japan is not easier,if not harder, than Bahrain.so once and for all he should risk all he's got and consider each game a do or die situation..:rolleyes:

Nov 29, 2002
Nakhl why in almost every single one of your posts are you apologizing for Daei, Branco or IFF? Is there something you want to share with us?

Either you have links with IFF or you are incredibly naive, I mean come on, this 0-0 draw was part of "Branco's plans"?!? Pull the other one, no one aims for a draw at this stage.

Ramtin

IPL Player
Nov 4, 2002
www.juventus.com
I was going to mention that the statement regarding the ball is relly :rolleyes:
IIRC there is a rule in FIFA that says the teams must be given the opportunity
to train with the same kind of ball used in the game several weeks before...

I didn't since we are talking about AFC! :p