We shouldnt be scared to use Mobali and Kazemian

Maziar

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2004
They are arguably our most in-form players. Why not use them when Kia and Hashemian were obviously lethargic in the first half, and Karimi was atrocious. Is it taboo to substitute our stars. Kia, Daei, Karimi etc... should not feel that the starting spot is their birthright. When they dont perform, we must give chances to our younger players (borhani, mobali, kazemian ) who are hungrier and not that far behind in talent in my opinion.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I totally agree but the problem is that if Branko would do that and if we would still fail for some reason, the whole Iran would KILL Branko for it! I think he's a bit too timid or too careful, depending on how you look at it! :rolleyes:

Agha Sepehr

Bench Warmer
Jan 23, 2005
Rome
I could not agree with you more Maziar, a coach should have balls to take out any player that plays bad be it Maradona, Zidane,Pele,
Branco does not have any balls he just is happy getting his paycheck

Jan 23, 2003
I agree with you,

Kazemian, Mobali and even Mehrdad Oladi are the form players of IPL. I am not saying they should start ahead of Kia, Karimi and co as expeience is very important but they should play a role.

I really hope Branco invites Oladi and unleash him on Japan in last 20-30 mins coz he seems to have everything:speed, power and aerial abilities. And more importantly Japan arent prepared for him.

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
great thread. I am sorry to see that we are so fixated on our stars. Everybody can have an off day including the biggest stars. I thought Kia was off, and Kazemian has been in great shape so it would have been wise to sub Kia out in the second half.

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
Well,they can be very useful,but we shouldnt throw too many of them in from the start at the same time.

I think Mob'ali,Kazemian and Borhani need to be used more for our national team to move to the next level.We shouldnt be afraid to drop Daei or Karimi if they dont deserve to be playing.

Oct 20, 2003
It is too early to sideline MahdaviKia, Karimi and Hashemian to bring Mobali, Kazemian and Borhani. Having said that, in situation like yesterday, they would have been ideal subs in the second half from the get go IMHO.