We were all very happy with our away tie with Thailand the last WC too, remember?!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
And remember how that tournament ended?! So for everyone who is very happy that we threw away two crucial points today, by not even trying to play, then remember how you felt in 2001. And while you're at it, don't forget that we got no points against Bahrain in Azadi the last time around. So, where these magical 10 points will come from, I don't know. And who was the dumb genius that suggested we would definitely qualify with 10 points?! You need a minimum of 13 points to guarantee qualification in a 4 team group with home-and-away matches.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Well you only need 13 points if you want to qualify as the Group Winner, otherwise it's even possible to qualify with as little as only 6 points(very unlikely, but possible).

This tie was not a good result, but considering the way we played, it was more than we deserved.

Our team sucks and we need to start realizing that. By what measures and which standards we have made a BRAZIL out of our team is beyond me.

We'll have a hard time qualifying and may not do so at all, but the fact remains that we overestimate our abilities too much.

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
quite honestly when I compare today's performance with that of 4 yrs. ago, I don't see any progress, not trying to sound alarming, again all the argument about an acceptable result, high pressure,... are understandable but I am worried. it seems like if our 2 or 3 stars (Karimi, Kia, ) are off then we have nothing to show for, which points to our individual talents making miracles, instead of a progressive team game plan.

I wish reporters would ask solid and yt respectful questions of Branco, such as , would like to know what his overall game plan and approach to this game was?!