We will make it to the WC2006; just be patient/logical

Sep 13, 2003
USA
Please take a deep breath and stop being so emotional because being playing emotional games won’t take us to Germany. Emotions are great but if they are combined with logic.

Unfortunately, I don’t have time to write a decent post but I just want everyone to chill out. If you have been following our team long enough you would know that our team has its ups and downs because we are such an emotional team. Even though I am not satisfied with the way our team played but I am happy with the result, which matters the most (remember in Tehran we had lots of attacks against Jordan but we lost). I promise you that Japan will have a very hard time in this stadium and they would be more than happy if they leave with a point.

Remember, the first game in the tournament is the most difficult one (look at Japan and how they barely beat NK today) and we managed to come out of hell with 1 point (every thing sucked and the camera job was the worse one). I was thrilled with our defense today which is our weakest link. We all know that we do not have any problems in our offensive strategies so the fact that we were able to cover the holes in our defense was a positive sign. As Nekounam mentioned in his interview our players did what they were told to do (for ecample, it was obvious that after the Bosnia game Kaabi was told to stick to defense for this game). I definitely prefer today’s result rather than a good performance with zero point.

Have faith in our team; don’t become overjoyed with a win and don’t become disappointed after a disappointing performance with a satisfactory result. :)

I will write more about this in the future,

GharibehAshena

P.S. As I was briefly browsing the the forum for a logical post I encountered one of the few today's logical posts:

Eshghi wrote:

"Guys, stop getting so emotional! ... take a few hours off and go
back to watch the game again. Look at how Ka'bi hardly ever leaves his
post to participate in attacks! Look at how much farther back than usual
Kia plays. Look at how our defense hardly ever moves up the field! Look at
how we take our time passing the ball around without much appetite to
move up field! Look at how our holding midfielders insist on playing more
defensively than to move up. Does any of this look familiar to you? Is this
what you're used to seeing from our team? If it isn't (and we all know it
isn't), ask yourselves why! It wasn't like Bahrain was dominantly forcing
us to play like this. This was very much by design. You may not like
it, but it doesn't mean our team is horrible, or we have no stars, or
our players are shiit. They did what they had been instructed to do. If
you listened to Nekoonam's interview after the game, he said it: "We did
what we were asked to do". We always complain about our players playing
emotionally, and when finally, for once, they do as they're instructed, we
get down on them. Instead of concentrating on what you wish we'd done,
see if our team achieved what the coaches wanted them to. I think they
did. I can't fault them for it."

ibrahim

Bench Warmer
Oct 20, 2002
Sydney
I totally agree with you and I'm not going to add anything to it. I know that we'll make it to the world cup, I just cant see a reason to get sooo worked up about how we played yesterday, Whoever has been following TM for long enough should know by now that on any given day, we can play like Brazil or Papua New Guinea, thats just the way we are, so I've given up stressing or getting emotional about it. I'm happy with the result.