Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
- Soft Ban
We hope to never enable this feature for anyone! but this is somewhat like a soft ban! if you make lots of threads (spam) a day, and lots of posts that don't make sense ! you will be "soft banned", basically this means for 5 days, you can still browse the forum, but it will be very hard to browse, posts don't fully load and/or might take up to 30 seconds for a thread to load! you get the idea. Furthermore, moderators can ban a user from a "THREAD" now! so that user can no longer post in that thread but free to post in all others.
Haha, I think you should change the name of this feature to who it is intended for :)

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
It is interesting that the decision to have separate discussion forums, serious (political) vs not-so-serious (relaxation), is reversed after many years. I recall there were many complains back then when the political debates were very hot and pointed, hence the decision to have two sub-forums under General.
Given the level of forum activites I thinks it is a good decision to merge them at this point, as it was a good decision to separate them back then.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
It is interesting that the decision to have separate discussion forums, serious (political) vs not-so-serious (relaxation), is reversed after many years. I recall there were many complains back then when the political debates were very hot and pointed, hence the decision to have two sub-forums under General.
Given the level of forum activites I thinks it is a good decision to merge them at this point, as it was a good decision to separate them back then.
Agreed, I also think people are bit more cool headed now , so hopefully we should see less personal insults and more smart discussions.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Agreed, I also think people are bit more cool headed now , so hopefully we should see less personal insults and more smart discussions.
Ture,
and indeed I do feel a bit that way about myself, though still have to work on myself a lot, i.e to not allow my passion blind me and take over my logic and temper, or learn to listen to others without pre-judgements and give a chance to hear them with an open mind rather than a shaped opinion of the world.