Welcome to a much improved ISP Forums!

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Hello Members!
As I am sure you have noticed (well I hope you did) ISP forums is upgraded and re-designed! LOTS of new features are added, I will go over some of the major ones:

- Media Manager
you can easily upload your media files and share them in your threads, anything you place in "PUBLIC" folders can be seen by anyone (even if you don't share them), if you want a private album, and want to share via PM with someone, you can create one. Just a reminder "ALL" Media uploaded can be viewed by moderators and Admins and will be removed Immediately if it is in violation of Copyright Laws or ISP Policy.

- Quick Threads
you can create threads by just visiting the forum and start typing! yes, its that easy!

- Media sharing
You can share your media from all the popular sites (Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc.) just by copy pasting the URL, no extra wrapper, nothing more! thats all ! you can share up to "5" links PER thread !. Furthermore, you can share any personal media from Media Manager! all you do is, upload your videos/Images/pictures to media manager, then when you post a thread they are all available for selection ! Easy enough?

- Tag someone in thread
Ever wanted to grab someone attention? you can now use the @ feature, simply, use the @ followed by the person username, as you type, forum suggests users! select them and that's it! next time they visit the forum, they will be alerted that you tagged them in a post ! (they also are alerted automatically if you quote their post)

- Soft Ban
We hope to never enable this feature for anyone! but this is somewhat like a soft ban! if you make lots of threads (spam) a day, and lots of posts that don't make sense ! you will be "soft banned", basically this means for 5 days, you can still browse the forum, but it will be very hard to browse, posts don't fully load and/or might take up to 30 seconds for a thread to load! you get the idea. Furthermore, moderators can ban a user from a "THREAD" now! so that user can no longer post in that thread but free to post in all others.

-Fully Responsive
If you were using TapaTalk before, you no longer need to (well you can't!) , forum is fully responsive on your mobile/tablet devices, just go to your browser and visit the forum!

-LOTS of security improvements
Lots and Lots of changes, from CAPTCHA to checking various spam databases for new members ! hopefully we should never get spammer anymore. (or way less at least)

- News Forum is gone!
There is no more a news forum, all the posts are merged with "General" forum! you are welcome to post about anything you like, including politics. PLEASE REMEMBER, to respect one another, everyone has a view, everyone should be respected. PLEASE watch your language, discuss the TOPIC not insult the person.

- Improved Ignore Users
You can easily ignore a user now, by doing so, they are gone (in your view)! threads they make, posts they make, even if someone Quote them, you no longer see that! its like they don't exist anymore! someone is pissing you off? someone you know you lose your cool when talking to them? PLEASE ADD THEM TO YOUR IGNORE LIST. Should be no excuse now. For now, you can NOT add staff to ignore list, however, I know some of you might want to ignore staff (or perhaps me), I am working to fix this, hopefully done in a week or two.

- LOTS OF Permission changes
AS mentioned, We are using a new software for forum, as a result, we had to migrate ! While I tried to make sure nothing is impacted, some changes had to be made, I spent the entire day today testing various scenarios, hopefully everything should work! if you can NOT access somewhere, and you think you should, PLEASE share here and dont take it personal :) (Thanks to @Real Madrid for volunteering to help with the testing)

-Improved Farsi rendering
Farsi fonts should render much better than before, with less (***) and better connections.

- User Cleanup!
To minimize the migration time and do some user cleanup, any user that had less than 5 posts and the last login was before 2012, their account is removed!

Those should be the major ones ! (lots of back-end upgrades that I wont bore you by listing them! PHP,Apache MySQL etc.) but we are not stopping here ! this change was required to allow us develop lots of new features and have them ready for the summer! Please share your feedback and if you encounter any issue!

Thank you for being a member !

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
looks great already. one thing I noticed the previous youtube tags are not working anymore. If you upload a new one it's ok

k
Good catch, hmmm i see the problem, the old youtubes are using the old system ... this is harder as in the old days, we saved the youtube ID and grabbed the full link via API ... Can't think of a quick way of fixing this ...

Great job! Khaste nabasheed.
Chakeram
Good job. Thanks for all your hard work.
Chakeram
Good job man. Very nice. I like it already.

اینم تایپ میکنم ببینم فارسیش کار میکنه یا نه

کار میکنه

ایول

BTW, the "Moderator" text has unnecessary bold tags <b> around it from the VBulletin days.
Chaks, Good catch, going to fixed that.
Chakeram.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Pooya jan thank you so much for the hard work, I can see the improvements and I LOVE the new format of ISP. I hope you and Babr are not tired, thank you for your hard work guys .

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Great job! Khaste nabashi Pooya.

I miss Mahbod a lot too! I hope he comes back asap.

By the way........ did you say you could post only 5 media links per whole thread?!! Isn't that way too few if you consider the WC getting close and the threads can get 100 pages long?

Why not letting it be unlimited?

Oct 18, 2010
looks good and modern.good job!
the new software is not fully backward compatible and some of the old posts
are kinda broken.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Great job! Khaste nabashi Pooya.

I miss Mahbod a lot too! I hope he comes back asap.

By the way........ did you say you could post only 5 media links per whole thread?!! Isn't that way too few if you consider the WC getting close and the threads can get 100 pages long?

Why not letting it be unlimited?
Thanks, its 5 media per POST, not thread.

Pooya , I have issue with uploading from Insta. I get a lot of codes and garbled messages
Can you please send me the code via Whatsapp?

looks good and modern.good job!
the new software is not fully backward compatible and some of the old posts
are kinda broken.
They are if they contain YouTube, otherwsie, I havnt come across any that is broken, do you have a link I can see?

, Re: Babr guys, no one forced him out ! its free world, if he no longer wanted to post here, that is his decision, while I personally wish that was not the case but that is what he decided. If he changes his mind, he is always welcomed back.

Feb 4, 2005
I used to be able to mark some threads as subscribed. So 10 years later if I wanted to check something I simply would go there. I had 20 subscribed threads. No big deal anyway.