Wenger leaves Arsenal at the end of this season

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
The most overrated coach in history is Mourinho but anyway.

The last 8-10 years were terrible, but from 1996-2004 he battled for titles with a team that was not bigger than Tottenham. How many times did Tottenham battle for titles or win any titles in that period?

He was ahead of his time but once everyone else caught up, he didn't improve.
Correct me if I am wrong but for someone who has not played football in any decent level Jose has done very well in coaching and achieving what he has achieved. Despite the fact that like you I don't like him much.

He was ahead of his time but once everyone else caught up, he didn't improve.
who was not even profitable in the last 6-7 years. Good Riddance if you ask me . some like to make a Romance out of drama . teams like arsenal are never after developing players , they have millions of fans around the world who like to see their team competing in higher level and make history and wenger couldn't cut it anymore .... Congrats to Gunners fans. For sure whoever takes over won't do worse if not any better

Last edited:

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
The most overrated coach in history is Mourinho but anyway.
Stop embarrassing yourself my friend!!! We all know you hate him because he was against your GOD few years ago. He won the CL with Porto and Inter with out having a star like Messi. Can you say the same for your beloved GOD!! bikhial baba.

Nov 29, 2002
Wenger is not a good coach
Agree 100%. He's not a good coach, he's a phenomenal coach.

His paradigm shift not only changed Arsenal, but changed English football - From fitness and health culture (e.g. attitudes to drinking and smoking), to foreign player recruitment, to fostering of youth. All these had an impact on the league as a whole.

For Arsenal he changed them from a mid-table boring boring side to one which has consistently been successful and had 22 consecutive seasons above their rivals (who were Arsenal's superior before Wenger's era). Now watch as they slide into obscurity and the experts swallow their words.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Agree 100%. He's not a good coach, he's a phenomenal coach.

His paradigm shift not only changed Arsenal, but changed English football - From fitness and health culture (e.g. attitudes to drinking and smoking), to foreign player recruitment, to fostering of youth. All these had an impact on the league as a whole.

For Arsenal he changed them from a mid-table boring boring side to one which has consistently been successful and had 22 consecutive seasons above their rivals (who were Arsenal's superior before Wenger's era). Now watch as they slide into obscurity and the experts swallow their words.
Anyhow time to change. No result for one decade is enough for me. With or without him, English league would have improved. This is just to make an idol from someone. It is pure business, inject more money to earn more money. That is it.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Correct me if I am wrong but for someone who has not played football in any decent level Jose has done very well in coaching and achieving what he has achieved. Despite the fact that like you I don't like him much.
He does well for short periods as an underdog. His football is way past his due date and he has been in the game for 10 years and not 20 like Wenger. Over the past 3 years, he has won just as much as Wenger did over the past 3 years. If you want to compare the two, Mourinho doesn't perform much better than Wenger.

Champions League trophies are more a matter of luck than preparation.

who was not even profitable in the last 6-7 years. Good Riddance if you ask me . some like to make a Romance out of drama . teams like arsenal are never after developing players , they have millions of fans around the world who like to see their team competing in higher level and make history and wenger couldn't cut it anymore .... Congrats to Gunners fans. For sure whoever takes over won't do worse if not any better
We are talking about Arsenal. Arsenal before Wenger were an average club and not a global brand. The reason they could compete was Wenger, or the fact that we can talk about Arsenal being a winning team. He fucked up the last 7-8 years and there is no excuse for that, but to forget that he basically built the club and made it great, is equally ridiculous.

@ houman

Siktir! Mourinho is a bitch! LOL!

Can I bet with you? 100 canadian pesos that

A) Next year Arsenal finish lower AND/OR get few trophies

and a further 100 bet that

B) Arsenal over the next 3 years finish on average worse than they did over the last 3 years.
I would call your bet but the point is that I don't even give a f... whether they'll win the EPL or relegsted makes no difference to me .

Nov 29, 2002
I would call your bet but the point is that I don't even give a f... whether they'll win the EPL or relegsted makes no difference to me .
Doesn't make a difference to me either, I'm not an Arsenal fan, but you just seem pretty sure about this.

Do you only bet if you care about the team? I'm the opposite, I would never bet on a team that I care about.

Nov 29, 2002
I have around 8-9 friends who are either vets/doctors (plus one engineer) and are Arsenal fans. literally every single one of them is a fan of Wenger (and hate the owners). It seems that the Arsenal fans who are anti-wenger on social media are all the thick, uneducated ones (sorry for rude/controversial statement).

They say that not only was he a great coach and statesman for the club but he did a few things which no other coach did:

1) He shielded the owners and board from criticism, and unlike pretty much every other manager never blamed them for bad results or seasons e.g. when coaches talk about lack of funds. This is the reason why everyone from Dein, kroenke etc... loves Wenger. He made their life so much easier than if anyone else was coach.

2) He actually saved the club a huge amount of money and was always looking into how to reduce costs, he had a big interest in administration of the club and financial meetings which other coaches don't care about. This was critical during the transition period of paying for a huge new stadium amid a time that oligarchs were pouring money into Arsenal's rivals.

These guys are saying that arsenal will be the equivalent of everton now that wenger leaves (I would say they were also the equivalent of everton before he joined).

I have around 8-9 friends who are either vets/doctors (plus one engineer) and are Arsenal fans. literally every single one of them is a fan of Wenger (and hate the owners). It seems that the Arsenal fans who are anti-wenger on social media are all the thick, uneducated ones (sorry for rude/controversial statement).

They say that not only was he a great coach and statesman for the club but he did a few things which no other coach did:

1) He shielded the owners and board from criticism, and unlike pretty much every other manager never blamed them for bad results or seasons e.g. when coaches talk about lack of funds. This is the reason why everyone from Dein, kroenke etc... loves Wenger. He made their life so much easier than if anyone else was coach.

2) He actually saved the club a huge amount of money and was always looking into how to reduce costs, he had a big interest in administration of the club and financial meetings which other coaches don't care about. This was critical during the transition period of paying for a huge new stadium amid a time that oligarchs were pouring money into Arsenal's rivals.

These guys are saying that arsenal will be the equivalent of everton now that wenger leaves (I would say they were also the equivalent of everton before he joined).
Which team you're a fan of ?

Nov 29, 2002
Which team you're a fan of ?

Lol I've been on this forum since 1997... have you been muting me for 1/5 of a century?

I was born in Liverpool so I always supported them growing up. Now the moneyball aspect of english football (and others of course) means my interest has waned so I only really care about team melli's games although I am loving it at the moment of course.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
So you're a fan of Tranmere:p

football is all about winnng and fans love to see their teams winning major trophies specially when your team are worth €500 M . Your friends are strange creatures, stay away frorm them ;)
I have actually seen Tranmere play quite a few times, i saw one of the most amazing games in their history, possibly even football history - scoring 4 goals when losing 3-0 against a premier league side in the cup: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/1178964.stm

RE: football is all about winning. Disagree, and I think a lot (maybe most) of people on this forum would disagree with you. Football is about the romance, the stories, the passion. There's nothing more boring than an establishment team full of overpaid hand-picked superstars winning their nth trophy in a row. I can't understand how that can excite people. I guess its the same when some people choose the best team when they are playing football computer games whereas others like to play with an underdog or build a team from scratch, it's just a matter of different personalities. Although I don't understand it, I have no problem that you find enjoyment out of watching a conveyor belt of overpaid megastars whilst I get joy from non-league football, but please don't think that your idea of joy from football is the consensus.

That's why I am enjoying liverpool again, because I love seeing Salah's smile, and knowing that he wasn't a messi or a ronaldo. he has had to work, and train, and spend hours practising his finishing with Alex Frei at Basel, to get to where he is now. Even if Liverpool win nothing, i'm happy with that.

Last edited:

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik

I think that this is a bit overly romanticized version of Wenger. He has spent a quarter of their cash reserves on Lacazette, Aubemayang, Mustai, Xakha and what not and all of them are quite terrible and useless.
But there is a good point on what you said and they talked about it also on the James Richardson Podcast. Arsenal needs strengthening in all 3 areas, midfield, defense and goalkeeper for the next years as they don't have any midfielders under contract through 2020 except for Xakha and the defense is also weak and Cech is also out of contract next year. Ramsey is out of contract next year and so on and so forth. So whoever comes in, faces a huge task in terms of the squad at hand and the financial power to spend. Arsenal's fall will be even worse than ManU under Ferguson. They will play for midtable or Tottenham before Pochettino positions for the next 3-4 years. They will not attract any decent coach for the above mentioned reasons.