what a bloody awful line up for TM.....was this iran's B team or C team?

Oct 19, 2002
I am a CQ fan but what the heck was he thinking?
This line up would have been good for a preparation game to test some players, not for a WCQ game on the road against uzbekistan.

where was aghili?
Heydari has been one of the hottest and most prepared player in IRAN and he brings him in for the second half? what is going on?

The only thing I can think of is since uzbekistan was missing 5 of their key players, CQ voluntarily sat out few of our key players to make the game more even(sarcastic). this would have been a good chance to see how our A team would have done against uzbekistan(we are in trouble if this was our A team)

we got a win but was there any improvement in the way TM is playing, I would say NO.

eerooni

Bench Warmer
Nov 9, 2002
Toronto
I think CQ is a tactician and a gambler. He knew playing away with a tired team ( ACL games, European league) is hard, so he used mostly 'non-starters' he tucked away most of his big guns( Ashkan, Nazari, Aghili) and used a very conservative line up with IMO almost cost us the game. But I am confident, CQ will use his top guns for the Qatar game which is the most crucial game as a win will surely put Iran in the driving seat!..:cheer-2: