What a picture...

Feb 22, 2005
The families should be kept out of the equation. The person committing the crime should be the only one prosecuted.

We are all emotional when we see photos of murderers who we know will continue to torture and rape in the coming days, months and year until they are stopped.

A the end of the day, I am against killing and rather see life in prison for these animals.

Sith

IPL Player
Jun 13, 2005
www.wegotitfirst.com
Some of the posts in this thread and those similar to it are just unbelievable and depressing. Calling for kids and families of Sepahis to be murdered? I'm just glad that people INSIDE Iran seem to have a much better grip on the events and their emotions.

And it may be good to remind ourselves that most of us are living OUTSIDE of Iran but have the legal and financial means to go back and practice all the violence we preach in the safety of internet.
Khodam jan,

Darth_vader was another one of General's accounts. This character was made to bring a bad image to the movement. He started off with so so posts about the revolution and all, but when he saw that hes losing credibility, and with the sudden departure of our dear account maker, he showed his true color, and got banned talking shit to Pooya.

Few hours later the account maker shows up to confirm what I just said here.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Some of the posts in this thread and those similar to it are just unbelievable and depressing. Calling for kids and families of Sepahis to be murdered? I'm just glad that people INSIDE Iran seem to have a much better grip on the events and their emotions.

And it may be good to remind ourselves that most of us are living OUTSIDE of Iran but have the legal and financial means to go back and practice all the violence we preach in the safety of internet.
Khodam jan they are cyber-revolutionaries. Believe me even if they were in Iran at this time they wouldn't leave their homes. Poshte computer yek dafe shir mishand va hammeh ra mikhaand bokoshand.

Oct 18, 2002
Khodam jan,

Darth_vader was another one of General's accounts. This character was made to bring a bad image to the movement. He started off with so so posts about the revolution and all, but when he saw that hes losing credibility, and with the sudden departure of our dear account maker, he showed his true color, and got banned talking shit to Pooya.

Sith jan,

Darth_Vader is not General. He is an old timer living in your city who gets banned every now and then and comes back with another username (you need any more hints?!) I was hoping they would not ban him this time.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Khodam jan,

This time you are wrong! Darth Vader is one of our own old friends ;)

Sith

IPL Player
Jun 13, 2005
www.wegotitfirst.com
Sith jan,

Darth_Vader is not General. He is an old timer living in your city who gets banned every now and then and comes back with another username (you need any more hints?!) I was hoping they would not ban him this time.
Well I thought it was him because of his user name being similar to mine, and how he suddenly went ape shit on Pooya.

Don't get me wrong, I thought this was an attempt by the account maker to get me banned, again.

I didn't know this ''old timer'' lives in Montreal. I'm sorry for calling you paranoid in the other thread Pooya.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Well I thought it was him because of his user name being similar to mine, and how he suddenly went ape shit on Pooya.

Don't get me wrong, I thought this was an attempt by the account maker to get me banned, again.

I didn't know this ''old timer'' lives in Montreal. I'm sorry for calling you paranoid in the other thread Pooya.
no worries mate,
DV is Keyvan_Pars from Montreal.

Cheers,

Oct 18, 2002
and just for the record, he did NOT get banned because of insulting me, he was banned for his post regarding Islam. and insulting those who believe in it.
If I may have a suggestion: can we remove the punishment against "insulting ideas"? Most discussion lists implement policies to punish insult against members. But why against insulting an ideology or belief? This would eventually kill discussions. How do you bring about discussions between opposing views? For instance, the whole ideology of Bahaism is insulting to muslims. Similarly, the most beliefs held by Islam is insulting to Christians (e.g. Jesus was not son of lord and was not curcified). A jewish person can sincerely believe that Jesus and Mohammad were both con artists and frauds who misled people. Can he say it? What about communists vs. capitalists, libertarians against leftists etc?

It makes more sense to ban insult against individual members. But a ban against insulting ideas and those who subscribe to them? That kills any debate. You should not be able to say: "You are stupid", but why not being able to say "Communism and its followers are stupid"? (or put any religion or ideology in its place).

My 2 cents.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
I am saying this in all seriousness but to me someone insulting my football team is much more serious than someone insulting teh religion I was born into!

For me my football team is as sacred to me as Islam or Christianity is to the believers of those faiths. If you ban people for insulting other people's beliefs where does that leave people like me?

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
why dont u guys start a thread and discuss this? lets not turn this thread into discussing ISP policy as i really think threads like this showing us who the animals are in IR are way more valuable than discussing ISP policy. lets see what other members think, also i wish members who keep reporting insulting post like DV post so others see stuff like this are offensive to members.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
I'm not just offended, but enraged when I see someone insinuate that Neda was a willing participant in an MKO conspiracy. That exact bullshit has been posted here before. Does that qualify as a bannable offense for that member?

All the ideas posted by the pro-regime members are offensive to those who believe in freedom and civil rights. Does that mean we get to report their posts too?

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
I think we should put all the proposed strategies under one thread (whether reasonable, doable, whatnot), maybe a sticky and email the link to our distribution as well as likes of Sazegara and others with wide following to discuss and evaluate each one.

IMO, another useful thing that should be encouraged by movement is for everyone with a good camera to position themselves in a neighbors, friends, relatives, etc. home where/when possible specially during scheduled events to take high resolution pictures (like the ones footballirani posted) from security forces.
These pictures will serve two purposes, first, it can be used as a deterrent (since the perpetrator picture will be seen by family, neighbors, etc.) when widely distributed and second it will be archived as a proof for future action.

Feb 22, 2005
I have thought about the effect of these pictures as deterrent. Would the photos:
1. Make the animal more brutal knowing that if the system changes he will be prosecuted.
2. Or do the photos embarrass them in front of their family and friends?
3. How can the pictures be effectively posted in Iran so that these animals know they are being documented and that everyone will know who they are? Dont think these backward ignorants have access to internet.
4. It would be interesting to know whether the ones with the knives, guns, etc.. are beating, torturing, killing and raping the people due to their ideological beliefs, ignorants of just following blindly, or economical reasons.

I know someone who is Basiji who during the days of the demonstration disappeared and said the force had sent him to help with some construction work north, but there is no doubt he was out beating people and did not want the rest of his family who voted for Mousavi find out.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Pooya Jaan
Banning people for disrespecting or insulting beliefs of idealogies is totally against free speech. Especialy when it comes to religion and specificaly when dealing with Islam - since some Moslems use and abuse the "Insult" card when they are short of logic.

Please watch this 3 min clip - it says it all

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjSjpNe1-Vc&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Wake up, America[/ame]

Aug 26, 2009
Goes to show looks can be deceiving.
there are some who are in it because they believe in the system
there are some who are in it because they think its their religious duty
there are some who are in it because they gain from the system

this last group is the most ruthless imho. you can at least debate with the first two group of how they are mistaken, but this last group understands money and power and they have to die.

Aug 26, 2009
Pooya Jaan
Banning people for disrespecting or insulting beliefs of idealogies is totally against free speech. Especialy when it comes to religion and specificaly when dealing with Islam - since some Moslems use and abuse the "Insult" card when they are short of logic.

Please watch this 3 min clip - it says it all

I can't believe I am doing this (makes me look like AN, but) - would it be freedom of speech if someone incites hate against jews? or would be hate speech? what about about if its done against moslims?

Its so blatant, you cannot deny it. If you question Judaism you will get crucified by the media, if you question christianity, you will have some backers (prim loud athiests) and you will have some backers, but if you questin, insult, incite hatred against islam and moslims, you can hide behind the "freedom of speech" shield.... why the double standard?