What is the chemical composition of the public bath medicine referred to as Required

Jan 26, 2005
When I was a kid, we used to go to public baths a lot (not the type of baths that is for people with alternative life style). In the dark corner of the bath house that we used to go, there was this separate area, with had its own shower and sitting section. That place contained this special medicine referred to as “Required”. People would go there on and off. Therein, there was this big container that had this mud-like substance. You would pick a handful of it, and apply it to the hair around forbidden areas of your body. You would wait for a few minutes, then would go and wash the stuff off in the shower which was allocated for that task. It was always a magical experience for me to see all the hair come off like that. As a young boy, I had heard from a clergy that whenever the hair around the forbidden area would be as long as that of a grain of barley, one shall go to the bath house and “ware” the “required” substance to get rid the excess hair. As a result of clergy’s order, I found it necessary to check the length of the hair on my body on daily basis, in order to be able to prevent the breakage of any religious essentials. When it was long enough, I would head to that public bath place. I remember the unique experience. After application of that medicine, and eradication of the hair from the body, the skin would feel nice and smooth for a while. But after a few hours, the skin would get dry and it would start inching. When I was suffering from the inching in public, I would put my hands in my pockets and route my fingers through inside the inside of my pants, to reach the area adjacent to the two hanging elements, in order to perform the scratching. What was in that substance to work so effectively is still a mystery to me. I know it was a powder that needed to be mixed with water. The powder had kind of green-grayish color. I was told by other kids that it contained, among other things, a powder made from lime stone and cement. However, I was never sure.
So, what is “Required” made of?

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
LOOOL, that's a good one and I thought we have seen and heard it all here at ISP!!!! But never about "required" as you eloquently named it.

By the way our neighborhood clergy is quite modern, he advocates the use of Lasers to remove hair, he even sites verses from a certain book that in so many words obliges true Moslems to visit this certain unwanted hair removal center at least once in their lifetime.

Some “Requirees” enjoy the experience so much that they frequent the center annually.

Jan 26, 2005
What is ZARNEEKH.in English?. Perhaps those who live in US should not have the traditional hair removal stuff at home. Who knows, they may be accused on planning to blowup somewhere